Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyBE or AirFrance operated by FlyBe?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
Thanks for all your help, guys. I think I'll go with the AF flight operated by the 319 - it means the fiance will be waiting a little longer at the airport, but since he's already waiting for me, I guess an extra couple of hours can't hurt.

Also:

Mostly because I have heard atrocious things about FlyBe and their quality of service, losing baggage, being on time, and general (lack of) efficiency. If I'm getting an earlier flight to better match my schedule, I don't want it to end up arriving later than, well, the later flight.

Good choice. I personally think Flybe are worse than described above and I am amazed they are still in business.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Currently waiting for 06:10 Flybe flight from Man to CDG, booked through AF.

Good news:
I was very pleased to be able to get SkyPriority at check-in for the first time (the FlyBe desks have moved and are no longer stuck at the far end of T3 by Air France).

Bad news:
OLCI almost worked on the FlyBe website, but no BP issued online.
No SkyPriority sticker on the BP, but we were allowed in the Fast Lane anyway and had a very quick transit through security.
We had to haul the checked bags off the belt and cart them round to Baggage Inspection, to the utter mystification of the pleasant chap sat there.

One step forward, a couple of steps back...but overall a slight improvement.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by PeteM01

Good news:
I was very pleased to be able to get SkyPriority at check-in for the first time (the FlyBe desks have moved and are no longer stuck at the far end of T3 by Air France).

Bad news:
OLCI almost worked on the FlyBe website, but no BP issued online.
No SkyPriority sticker on the BP, but we were allowed in the Fast Lane anyway and had a very quick transit through security.
We had to haul the checked bags off the belt and cart them round to Baggage Inspection, to the utter mystification of the pleasant chap sat there.

One step forward, a couple of steps back...but overall a slight improvement.
I was in MAN T3 last week and noticed that Flybe had moved close to the security entrance but I didn't see a Sky Priority check in lane. Seat selection and boarding pass never worked for me online. Always had to ask for priority tags, fast lane, food & drink voucher. Pleased you feel there was an improvement but they have a long way to go before I will fly with them again. Thanks for the update.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I booked a CDG-MAN Flybe flight on the Flybe website but it is operated by AF.
Is there any way to credit the miles to AF? (I tried to import the flight into the AF app but it didn't work).
Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Is there any way to credit the miles to AF? (I tried to import the flight into the AF app but it didn't work).
Thanks.
I think mile crediting only works if it is an AF flight operated by FlyBe, not the other way round.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thanks.
Assuming the flight was sold as Flybe, in short: no.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks.
I think mile crediting only works if it is an AF flight operated by FlyBe, not the other way round.
Whoever is operating the flight (AF/BE), credit to FB is possible if the flight is booked under AF code. As you booked under BE code, no FB credit/benefit.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: FB Gold
Has anyone done this recently? What's the situation in MAN during check-in now? I'll be flying LYS-CDG-MAN in 10 days with both legs to/ from operated by Flybe as AF was both more expensive and less convenient in terms of schedule.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
Has anyone done this recently? What's the situation in MAN during check-in now? I'll be flying LYS-CDG-MAN in 10 days with both legs to/ from operated by Flybe as AF was both more expensive and less convenient in terms of schedule.
I flew MAN-CDG and v/v on an AF-booked, FlyBe operated flight in early January. OLCI worked using the FlyBe website (seemed to be a new interface?). No Sky Priority at bag-drop (although there was still a sign at the FlyBe desks!). I was connecting to a J flight at CDG, and received FastTrack, Escape Lounge access (did not use it) and onboard food/drinks for MAN-CDG. As usual, there was nothing for the return leg. No priority bagg label on either leg (but these are useless at most airports).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:51 am

Do you get Elite+ benefits, including the extra piece of checked luggage? It was my understanding that it was the case but I just did OLCI and it showed: 0 + 0 piece of checked luggage. I'm hella confused now.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
Do you get Elite+ benefits, including the extra piece of checked luggage? It was my understanding that it was the case but I just did OLCI and it showed: 0 + 0 piece of checked luggage. I'm hella confused now.
It should be as per the policy of the marketing carrier, as here. However, I have never tested this out (why give FlyBe two pieces to lose instead of one?). Does you ticket state that you have an extra bag, or the website/mobile reservation? I would take a print out just in case. I am also flying with FlyBe tomorrow, and my AF ticket states 2 pieces on all legs, including the FlyBe leg.

On the plus side, the FlyBe OLCI worked and I have printed BP and reserved seats for all legs for the first time! I only have hand baggage so no check in for me!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:35 am

Got this from AF yesterday:

The computer at LYS this morning wasn't having any of it and kept telling the agent that I had to pay for my luggage. She has to manually waive the fee for it to go through and no one had a clue as to why that was. Very strange indeed.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: FB Plat
AF IT always claims that you have no SE+ free luggage on partner airlines flight. It is a long-time bug. You are always allowed a free luggage on AF-coded flights, no matter what happens.
I got that with AF coded flights operated by Flybe, SNCF ("flight"), etc.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I was wondering about this as I exceptionally have a flight operated by FlyBe coming soon. I'm glad to hear they've improved the IT side.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:58 am

The end of Flybe?
Interesting to see that they have to give up several AMS and CDG slots.

Last edited by PeteM01; Jul 6, 2019 at 8:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.