Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Can I specify checked luggage to CDG even though I have a connecting segment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM

I'm considering burning a connecting segment on an existing FB award reservation on AF connecting in CDG so I can spend a couple of days in Paris. Would I be able to ask the desk agent at check-in to not send my bags through to the final destination but have them unloaded at CDG instead? Or are they not allowed to do that? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:20 pm

If you're spending "a couple of days" in paris, then checking them through isn't even an option.

edit: Or do you mean you'll noshow for an already-booked segment?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

I was thinking of no-showing for the connecting segment, but will most likely need to check bags on the inbound flight.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:47 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
The agent is capable of short-checking your bags. I would try and come up with a good excuse as to why you want them to do so. If your layover is short that makes it harder. I wouldn't count on it though.

Is carrying-on not an option? Travel light!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

You try traveling light with a 5-year old in tow!

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be tough. Seems like it's worth the change fee to have the correct itinerary.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:58 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by snaporaz
You try traveling light with a 5-year old in tow!

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be tough. Seems like it's worth the change fee to have the correct itinerary.
I would certainly check a 5-year old if they were under the weight limit. Would make for a peaceful trip and save on airfare.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

HA! I see what you're saying though I must say he's done this trip enough times (always in F or C btw - he'll have a rude awakening one day) to be a total pro at this point. Just watches movies, eats and sleeps like the rest of us.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don't share the optimism here of short checking the bags on a "regular" connection. OP should correct his itinerary with FB.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

I ended up amending the itinerary with FB. Cost me a bit but worth doing right given the high likelihood of checking bags. Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.