Promo Awards March

Old Feb 28, 17, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Promo Awards March

50% in Business to Paramaribo and Xiamen

https://www.flyingblue.com/promo-awards.html
Old Feb 28, 17, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Paramaribo is a real nice one for 62,5k in business with the 747 both ways! It will cost uit 385 in taxes 😒

Also noticed Cancun with AF for 37,5k in eco and if your up for it 94k in bizz.(is al available this month).

not much for Middle and South America?
Old Feb 28, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Talking

The flights to Middle East & Indian Peninsula will be again bookable during a two months period , before it used to be one

Also ALA/TSE are available for summer/spring , thats a good news , sad i cant go

But for Middle east it will be the end of ''winter''
Old Feb 28, 17, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone on here ever been to Paramaribo? What's it like, as it comes up in the Promos from time to time. Yes I have looked at online travel info, but am interested in hearing FT opinions, if there are any.
Old Feb 28, 17, 6:25 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Will AF refund the difference of a regular, 62.5k award, and the reduced mileage award? I currently have a CDG-ORD during the promo dates and would love to get the difference back. I'm going to guess no, but would be nice.
Old Feb 28, 17, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by chicago747 View Post
Will AF refund the difference of a regular, 62.5k award, and the reduced mileage award? I currently have a CDG-ORD during the promo dates and would love to get the difference back. I'm going to guess no, but would be nice.
No they won't. What you can do, if you have enough miles in your FB account, is to book a new ticket with the promo award and then cancel your original ticket paying the 45 cancellation fee.
Old Mar 1, 17, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
The flights to Middle East & Indian Peninsula will be again bookable during a two months period , before it used to be one
Traditionally, ALL offers have been for two months. The one-month exceptions are (still) a rarity.

Lol at "Indian Peninsula". They mean "Indian Subcontinent", as the former refers only to the southern tip.
Old Mar 1, 17, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hfly View Post
Has anyone on here ever been to Paramaribo? What's it like, as it comes up in the Promos from time to time. Yes I have looked at online travel info, but am interested in hearing FT opinions, if there are any.

No, but I've had a look at it several times, not a lot of attracions in Surinam as a whole.

I wonder how difficult it is to jump across the border to (British) Guyana
and visit https://tinyurl.com/guyana-kaieteur-falls there are flights
there from Georgetown, but from Paramaribo...

Perhaps the best sollution is to take an organized tour from Paramaribo, I found several organisers
the question is how good/relaible they are.

http://www.discoversurinametours.com.../kaieteur.html

http://suriname-tour.com/kaieteur-falls/

http://oetsitours.com/#!en&tours-1&m...h-guyana&entry

http://www.celestialtours.sr/

http://exciting-tours.sr/

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Mar 1, 17 at 2:58 am
Old Mar 1, 17, 9:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Traditionally, ALL offers have been for two months.
Havent noticed this one , the destinations i was focused on used to be available only 4 one month

I only started to look after awards since couple of months

The one-month exceptions are (still) a rarity.
I dont know , every 1/2 months i saw this kind of things , so i guessed its the standard

Lol at "Indian Peninsula". They mean "Indian Subcontinent", as the former refers only to the southern tip.
Yes i know , first they called it ''indian sub continent'' , it was a separate category , then they merged it with middle east and called it this way !

That would be funny to see ALA and BOM together for 20k
Old Mar 3, 17, 3:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by hfly View Post
Surinamese food is supposed to be the bomb. Mix of West Indian / Creole / Javanese food.
Old Mar 20, 17, 4:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
Paramaribo is a real nice one for 62,5k in business with the 747 both ways! It will cost uit 385 in taxes 😒

Also noticed Cancun with AF for 37,5k in eco and if your up for it 94k in bizz.(is al available this month).

not much for Middle and South America?
What is good is that Cancun is with the "BEST" Cabins for the summer season. (starting May if i remember one of the posts i saw somewhere here).
i was able to find a flight from Rabat to Cancun (stopover CDG) in J at 46875 Miles and based on the seatmap, i can see it is really "BEST", hopefully it won't change as i have never had the chance to try the new cabin.
Old Jun 5, 17, 1:27 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by newflyer27 View Post
What is good is that Cancun is with the "BEST" Cabins for the summer season. (starting May if i remember one of the posts i saw somewhere here).
i was able to find a flight from Rabat to Cancun (stopover CDG) in J at 46875 Miles and based on the seatmap, i can see it is really "BEST", hopefully it won't change as i have never had the chance to try the new cabin.
bad luck, they changed the plane for my cancun flight. i now have the old J Cabin. is there any way i can change my ticket knowing it is a promo award?. i know it is not possible in theory but had anyone experienced something similar and was able to change?

thank you
Old Jun 5, 17, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by newflyer27 View Post
bad luck, they changed the plane for my cancun flight. i now have the old J Cabin. is there any way i can change my ticket knowing it is a promo award?. i know it is not possible in theory but had anyone experienced something similar and was able to change?

thank you
no change allowed (and even if it was not a promo award, a seat or plane type is never guaranteed and is not a ground for a free change if your ticket allows modifications)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: