Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF number on reward booking?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Changing FF number on reward booking?

Is there any way to change a frequent flyer number in a FB reward booking? I want to switch to a DL number, to get the extra baggage allowance. But the AF website still defaults to my FB account when completing online checkin.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, D
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
This has been discussed a few times in the last few months.

I had quite a few award tickets this year for which I also showed my AZ status card - the agents at AMS never managed to update the number in the reservation. Only once - checking in with a third-party agent at ZRH - was the agent able to do so.

But may I remind you that you do not need to have your Delta number in the reservation to obtain your luggage allowance. Just make sure to have your card with you when travelling, and show it to the agent at check-in.

Note that FB award tickets come with a free bag in Europe (if you are travelling on KLM which otherwise would require payment for the first bag).
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by irishguy28
This has been discussed a few times in the last few months.

I had quite a few award tickets this year for which I also showed my AZ status card - the agents at AMS never managed to update the number in the reservation. Only once - checking in with a third-party agent at ZRH - was the agent able to do so.

But may I remind you that you do not need to have your Delta number in the reservation to obtain your luggage allowance. Just make sure to have your card with you when travelling, and show it to the agent at check-in.

Note that FB award tickets come with a free bag in Europe (if you are travelling on KLM which otherwise would require payment for the first bag).
Many thanks! I am now back on a laptop and found a few of the threads that expand on your points. I have my DL card, so should be fine.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Let me jump in here. I tried to find relevant threads, but no luck.

I am about to move some Citi Thank You points to Flying Blue and book a flight that will be on DL metal. Since I am Delta Silver, I can select seats. But in this case the flight is booked on AF. How do I get my number in the PNR now so I can select seats - must have to 2 seats on the outside on a 767 or it is a no go.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Problem solved.

After booking with AF for flight on DL metal I was able to pick seats, but they were terrible. I then went to Delta site. Logged in and did search to add the AF PNR. Then I added DL FF number.

Once that was done, I then selected new seats from the DL site.

All set. Even could add Comfort Plus, but only seats left were center section. We are better off with side seats. Only two of us.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked a bag at AMS on an FB award booking. The check-in agent was able to effortlessly change the FFP number to my AZ number. That was never previously possible on several other attempts at AMS over the last 18 months.

Anyway, she reprinted the boarding pass but there was no indication of Sky Priority...the first time this designation has failed to appear on a KLM boarding pass when using my AZ number. Whether this is a quirk of the system and having initially checked in as a bog-standard FB Ivory, I don't know. She also did not apply a priority label to the bag tag.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:27 am

Anyway, she reprinted the boarding pass but there was no indication of Sky Priority...the first time this designation has failed to appear on a KLM boarding pass when using my AZ number. Whether this is a quirk of the system and having initially checked in as a bog-standard FB Ivory, I don't know. She also did not apply a priority label to the bag tag.
This issue seems to have arisen further to AZ's switch-over to Sabre.

G
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
This issue seems to have arisen further to AZ's switch-over to Sabre.

G
While you are correct that AZ recently switched to Sabre, that has nothing to do with FB's systems or KL's handling of FB award tickets!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:39 am

While you are correct that AZ recently switched to Sabre, that has nothing to do with FB's systems or KL's handling of FB award tickets!
I was clearly referring to the Sky Priority issue which, likewise, has nothing to do with FB award tickets It was merely a data point (OT, I'll give you that) to say that there seem to be issues with AZ recognising FB status and vice-versa. I was simply hinting that this could have been the case in the episode you've just described [/OT]

G
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew 3 weeks ago on an AZ ticket handled by KL, well after the Sabre move, and the Sky Priority flash was present as normal.

I suspect in the present case it was due to having already checked in as an FB Ivory. I don't think that the BP reprint triggered any status lookup even though the number had been updated.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:01 am

I flew 3 weeks ago on an AZ ticket handled by KL, well after the Sabre move, and the Sky Priority flash was present as normal.
Interesting. The other day, at the former Dolce Vita lounge in FCO, a couple of passengers were suggesting that, despite their CFA status, the Sky Priority logo no longer appeared on AF/KL boarding passes (they also made mention of a number issues whilst transferring at CDG - I assume they were referring to the Sky Priority dedicated lines), the agent then made a call and referred them to another desk (outside the lounge). I was next in line and, when I mentioned my issue as FB P flying AZ, the check-in lady initially thought I was having the very same issue as AZ CFA, due to the reports she had since the switch-over to Sabre. Thanks for the data point anyway and apologies for the off-topic yet again.

G
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 pm

Hi all, old thread I know, but does anyone know if I can change the FB number on a ticket obtained with my husband’s miles to my own FB number? This is because I have status and he has not.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by af fp
Hi all, old thread I know, but does anyone know if I can change the FB number on a ticket obtained with my husband’s miles to my own FB number? This is because I have status and he has not.
The ffn of the person flying is always in the reservation. Cannot be another person.
Who pays for the reward booking is not relevant - another topic
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Try to manage your booking from Kenya Airways website, it usually allows such change.
af fp likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what purpose? So that he can obtain your status benefits when travelling without you? (If that's the case, then you should have booked his tickets from your account)

You risk having the ticket cancelled (or worse) if you were even able to do such a thing.

Status is personal, and cannot be "shared" in this manner - unless you are travelling together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.