Search

award ticket Germany-AMS/CDG-TLV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
award ticket Germany-AMS/CDG-TLV

I'm considering redeeming miles for AF/KL, so I was just wondering: What can I expect in terms of baggage allowance and seat assignment (free? / for a fee? / free during OLCI?) when flying Y DUS/FRA-AMS-TLV on KL or FRA/DUS-CDG-TLV on AF?

Also, since I currently have no ac...., if anyone wouldn't mind checking the taxes/fees/YQ for a DUS-CDG/AMS/-TLV one-way ticket, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'm considering redeeming miles for AF/KL, so I was just wondering: What can I expect in terms of baggage allowance and seat assignment (free? / for a fee? / free during OLCI?) when flying Y DUS/FRA-AMS-TLV on KL or FRA/DUS-CDG-TLV on AF?
The same as if you buy your ticket with the basic allowance .

For the seat selection in economy class , i know you have to pay for some longhaul flights , but for short/middle haul i dont know as iam still silver

But generally AF automatically assign me a seat according to my preferences , or sometimes the seat selection is unavailable even during OLCI

Also, since I currently have no ac...., if anyone wouldn't mind checking the taxes/fees/YQ for a DUS-CDG/AMS/-TLV one-way ticket, that would be much appreciated.
It should be less than 100euros , thats what i paid for going to middle east last year (in the charts of AF/KL TLV is not in the middle east but its just to give you an idea)

Thanks in advance!
You are welcome
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:04 am

You'll need 12500 miles per one-way, AMS-TLV availability for this route is limited since there is only 1 daily flight, so often you need more miles.

For seat selection, with KL you should be able to choose a seat for a payment, with AF sear selection only opens at OLCI and you cannot choose a seat before, paid or not.

For DUS/FRA-TLV, FB can also route you with other SkyTeam partners, namely AZ, RO or SU (some might only be available to book over the phone) which might make a shorter and more logical journey.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
It should be less than 100euros , thats what i paid for going to middle east last year (in the charts of AF/KL TLV is not in the middle east but its just to give you an idea)
Tax has nothing to do with the distance you fly and has everything to do with the airports you are departing from/arriving at/connecting through, taxes for a direct AMS-TLV r/t are roughly 45€, but if you connect via CDG it can easily go to ~100€
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far!

Are taxes/fees/YQ the same on award tickets and revenue tickets or does FB charge different amounts depending on the type of ticket?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you have no account, why on earth are you considering using Flying Blue miles to book such a ticket?

How do you plan on getting the Flying Blue miles?

Thanks in advance!
You can check this yourself. You don't need any miles to use the booking tool.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you have no account, why on earth are you considering using Flying Blue miles to book such a ticket?
1.because there's award availability
2. because the redemption rate is very reasonable (12.5k in Y one-way)

But if you can think of a better (cheaper) way to get from DUS/FRA to TLV, I'd love to hear it. (FWIW, revenue tickets are quite pricey for my dates.)

The next best option I'm aware of is AB DUS-TXL-TLV which would cost 14.5k BA miles.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you plan to get these miles?

14.5k Avios are easier to acquire by flying than 12.5k FB miles - which makes this sort of direct comparison meaningless.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
How do you plan to get these miles?

14.5k Avios are easier to acquire by flying than 12.5k FB miles.
There are various options incl. transferring AMEX MR points.

And yeah, I'd definitely redeem BA Avios for AB if there were availability.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be warned: transfer of miles into newly-created accounts seems to result in audits/cancellation of bookings/confiscation of miles in some instances

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...unt-audit.html
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ccountholders/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.