Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

10 more qualifyng flights needed to reach platinum by the end of the year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 more qualifyng flights needed to reach platinum by the end of the year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: flying blue
Cool 10 more qualifyng flights needed to reach platinum by the end of the year

Guys, i need only 10 more flights to reach platinum level by the end of the year. Do you have any suggestions of cheap skyteam flights or maybe you've got some smart trips in mind with multiple segments to count as qualifying flights?

Skyscanner helps but it's still quite time consuming to find a cheap random flight.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Welcome to FT! Can you let us know where you are located?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: FB platinum
I just booked in November an ORY - MAD - ALC - PMI - IBZ and IBZ - PMI - BCN - MAD - ORY with Air Europa, one saturday night stay, for 240€ (and 8 segments). That's fairly cheap I would say
And if you are not based in Paris, you can easily add 2 segments to reach ORY (but I would leave some margin since that will have to be on 2 different PNR).
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:08 am
Original Poster

@gajan - thank you! i am currently located in Bucharest

@lynxy - that sounds great - can you share the details?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I saw this one as well with 8 segments on a different thread:
https://www.google.nl/flights/?f=0#s...US0KL1863;a=UX
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: FB platinum
@zbangee - it is based on the one from the thread posted by Mirk!
The price has now gone up to 296€ unfortunately (from ORY) : http://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view-...PGvkz3YDMUJ00Z (you can book it using https://bookwithmatrix.com/da3a36131...a5114c5daf7fb9 and then priceline for example )
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you guys for all your suggestions! I've found this flight: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...1015;a=UX;eo=e
and it is perfect for me. The question is how do i book it? On the AirEuropa site it does not show up and the ITA pops up an internal error. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Make sure all fares are earning, UX can be quite tricky...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by zbangee
Thank you guys for all your suggestions! I've found this flight: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...1015;a=UX;eo=e
and it is perfect for me. The question is how do i book it? On the AirEuropa site it does not show up and the ITA pops up an internal error. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Four legs are operated by SWIFTAIR.
I am not sure if you can get miles out of there

U
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Honestly i think the same . Those UX flights operated by WT may not count

8 european segments in one PNR is quite hard to find , but even if you can find it , then rules apply so it the end it can be waste of time

If you fly to the usa , 8 segs can be done very easily , but its another story

It will be ok if you look for 6 segments . In your case i can suggest you something like this

OTP->AMS->(FCO/LIN/MXP)-> another city in italy with no international ST connections. Price should be less than 300euros

If you buy this with KL code its ok , but avoid AZ because domestic flights dont always qualify with them

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 18, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Make sure all fares are earning, UX can be quite tricky...
But I think it's got a bit better since UX left Flying Blue, in that most fare classes are now eligible for mileage collection. You need to check in the thread about UX leaving Flying Blue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...s-own-ffp.html
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

He should consider also reading this and checkin the booking class of the flights before buying anything under UX code

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...ir-europa.html
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:01 am
Original Poster

So it's all booking class A and P witch according to FB page qualifies as 25% miles earnings and does qualify as good flight.

all flights have UX codes so it should be ok. I don't really care about the miles, i just need the number of flights.

As for being operate by SwiftAir on the FB site it states:
If your flight number starts with an airline code from one of the Flying Blue partner airlines (e.g. AZ 0123) the accrual scheme of that specific partner (in this case Alitalia) will apply, even if the flight is operated by another airline.
So it seems it respects the FB rules.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by zbangee
So it's all booking class A and P witch according to FB page qualifies as 25% miles earnings and does qualify as good flight.

all flights have UX codes so it should be ok. I don't really care about the miles, i just need the number of flights.

As for being operate by SwiftAir on the FB site it states:

So it seems it respects the FB rules.

I do not think so, below is the first statement on Flying Blue page accrual for Air Europa.

Flying Blue members can earn Miles on:
- Flights that are operated by Air Europa and marketed as UX, AF, KL or a SkyTeam-partner
Well below that first point we may find your quote, which is correct but "airline" means SkyTeam airlines or Flying Blue partner airlines. I do not think SwiftAir is any of them.
As an example, years ago I was flying Y from PVG to MXP.
Flight was operated by CA, my ticket was marketed by AZ (was CS).
I did not get any miles on FB.
Otherwise I would love to fly EY with AZ ticket and clock miles on FB, or fly AB with AZ tickets and clock segments on FB...

U
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ulxima
I do not think so, below is the first statement on Flying Blue page accrual for Air Europa.
WT is not even a subsidiary of UX , so i think it may be ok for collecting miles and segments with UX Suma , but not with FB

Originally Posted by ulxima
Well below that first point we may find your quote, which is correct but "airline" means SkyTeam airlines or Flying Blue partner airlines. I do not think SwiftAir is any of them.
Same with QS and OK .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.