Search

FB gold member, but ticket still display silver

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Skymiles Gold, Hyatt Explorist
FB gold member, but ticket still display silver

Hi all,
A month ago I was qualified to be FB gold member after flying more than 30 flights. Since I'm in the US, I fly Delta and credit my miles to FB. Since I always fly the same destination and already know when to fly, I bought most of my tickets, like six months in advance.

Now, this is the funny thing with FB. After becoming gold, whenever I check in at the Delta counter, they always tag my bag with priority tag. However, on my boarding pass, my status is still showing KL Silver and the boarding group is Zone 1 (instead of Sky Priority).

I contacted the FB customer service via email about this issue. Their only response is that it is showing KL Silver, since I bought the tickets when I was still on Silver tier.

It doesn't make sense to me. Once you are upgraded to a new tier, the boarding pass should show the new tier (level). I didn't have this kind of problem with other program such as Asiana Club (with United's Star Alliance). Once I got my Diamond status with Asiana, my boarding pass displayed Sky Gold automatically.

Does anyone have similar problem before? I would like to know if there is any possible way to make sure that my boarding pass shows my new level. Any advice would be appreciate. Thank you.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried removing your FF number, logging out, offing back in, and inserting the FF number again? Alternatively, call and gave a phone agent remove and re-enter the number. You could also try this when you check in at the airport.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by minang
Does anyone have similar problem before?
Yes. This has been mentioned numerous times down the years.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:54 am

Had the very same situation last month. As advised above, remove your FF number from each reservation and add it again. Sky Priority should show up instantly.

On that note, agents are not always as helpful or knowledgeble as you would expect them to be. A nice lady guarding the security SkyPr line at MSP last week would not let us through as we did not have capital SKY PRIORITY written all over our boarding cards which were issued in Amsterdam. We had "Sky Priority" next to the boarding zone on the BPs but it meant nth to her ("it's just for boarding, not for security", "Nooo... if you were SP I would see "BIG LETTERS").

Going through normal line would mean missing the flight but fortunately self service machines were close by, we reprinted our BPs, with "big MSP approved letters" and she then was happy to let us through, loudly praising us how smart we were!......

Last edited by skyhighlander; Oct 18, 2016 at 6:10 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: flying blue
i had the same issue when i changed from silver to gold. When i went to the lounge, i told them I'm already gold and i showed them my klm app. They checked my fb number and confirmed it, so it was all good.

I entered 3 times in different lounges having just silver on my ticket and after explaining the problem, i got in immediately. So don't worry about it, you'll get the right amount of miles and lounges should not be a problem.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
This somehow remembers me situation when I was becoming FF. Ticked booked as Ivory (24k level miles) in W gaining ~ 7.5k miles each way, so on the trip there I'd become Silver and on the trip back I'd become gold. Upon returning, I was like "why is it still saying Ivory and not Silver at the gate???"
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum
just realized i am in the same situation.

have an AF ticket for december, bought couple months ago. back then i was gold, now platinum.

went into the AF system, but in the 'modify passengers details' page, it refuses to let me make any changes to my FFP, when i hover the arrow over, it shows a 'cross-out' sign.

AF system shows me as Gold, and in the 'miles you will earn' area, it shows the Gold earning rate, instead of Platinum.

funny thing is, i went to the KLM portal and while KLM's site doesn't seem to list my level, the 'miles you will earn' is that of Platinum. but i can't seem to find where i can delete and reenter my FFP info on KLM.

so it seems that KLM has updated info, while not displaying any at all, but AF displays the wrong one.

any other suggestions on solving this? or do i have to call in. i wanna make sure I'm tagged as platinum, in case of any op-ups etc.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by skyhighlander

Going through normal line would mean missing the flight but fortunately self service machines were close by, we reprinted our BPs, with "big MSP approved letters" and she then was happy to let us through, loudly praising us how smart we were!......
Good lord, that is infuriating.

As for you, OP, as someone who is also smashing through tiers during travel this year, I recommend just talking to the SkyPriority check-in counter. Delta can fix this by removing and re-adding your FF no from your PNR, which isn't always possible for us lowly delta.com users.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by caliform
Good lord, that is infuriating.

As for you, OP, as someone who is also smashing through tiers during travel this year, I recommend just talking to the SkyPriority check-in counter. Delta can fix this by removing and re-adding your FF no from your PNR, which isn't always possible for us lowly delta.com users.
According to DL rules, you cannot change the FF number associated with (any flight on) an itinerary after you have boarded the first segment. Hence, this will be more of a problem if your status changes in the middle of a trip. In this case, the remove and reenter the FF number trick is not a do it yourself project. You'll need to talk to a good agent.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
According to DL rules, you cannot change the FF number associated with (any flight on) an itinerary after you have boarded the first segment. Hence, this will be more of a problem if your status changes in the middle of a trip. In this case, the remove and reenter the FF number trick is not a do it yourself project. You'll need to talk to a good agent.
I recently had this issue when I went from FB Silver to Gold while in transit to and from Tokyo. When I wanted to use the JFK Sky Club, the lady just verified the actual status with me (it showed up as Silver on the PNR) and I was on my way to the showers.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:57 am

Similar question and figured I'd post it here. An outbound trip should take me over the gold threshold soon, but the return is only a couple of days later and this is over the weekend so the miles and status change are not likely to register before the return. Any way to get gold benefits on the way back?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
No. Until the miles/segments post to your account, you are not actually Gold.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rfrn
Similar question and figured I'd post it here. An outbound trip should take me over the gold threshold soon, but the return is only a couple of days later and this is over the weekend so the miles and status change are not likely to register before the return. Any way to get gold benefits on the way back?
You could talk to Flying Blue, but even over weekends usually my miles / status posts very quickly. Even Delta flights post in >2 days.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:27 am

Normally i claim the miles directly. but when switching status, it didn't recognize my ticket/bc.
Got on the hotline, and the SA added it manually, which appearently needed more authorization then that of the SA. And indeed! no wait, i was missing a leg i had just flown.
Then i retryed to claim the miles online and succesfully added the remaining leg.
it took another hour before the status was visually changed.
Then another 2.5 weeks in NL, for my card and tag.
Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.