Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which American Express Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Braniff
(...) all purchases equalling miles statut

Can you confirm that? This would be a thunderstorm in the sky of FB.

with a 30 percent bonus (...)
I don't get it.

Right now, one gets 1.5 award miles / Euro spent and 2 status miles per Euro spent at AK/KL. What would this 30% bonus be?

Last edited by carnarvon; Oct 31, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I just got an invitation to AMEX platinum (France) that includes all purchases equalling miles statut with a 30 percent bonus and a complimentary spouse Flying Blue Platinum Card once you reach that level... I am finally tempted...
For what it's worth, this complimentary Platinum card (and two gold ones) are a standard condition. If you don't have the miles earning bonus you can often call them for a retention offer and they're happy to offer double miles for 3 months or so.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by caliform
For what it's worth, this complimentary Platinum card (and two gold ones) are a standard condition. If you don't have the miles earning bonus you can often call them for a retention offer and they're happy to offer double miles for 3 months or so.
The second card he mentions is a FB Card ("platinum for 2"), not an Amex Plat card.

But it does not matter, as the offer of both extra cards (Amex Plat card in all cases and FB Plat card once the Amex card holder has reached FB Plat status) is very standard indeed.

The astonishing part of the post is that all purchases would generate status miles.

Last edited by carnarvon; Nov 1, 2016 at 1:53 am
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
(...) all purchases equalling miles statut

Can you tell us more about this? It sounds incredible.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
For what it's worth, my sign-up offer included several ten thousand award AND level miles, which was super sweet. No way they'd do level miles on every (non-KL/AF) purchase, I would imagine.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
New AMEX Aur France Platinum Offer

I guess it's that time of year and I got the offer again.

I am attaching pictures of the offer. It seems to me to state clearly that all purchases now count to your status level. It is however unclear to me if your membership in the American Express Platinum card now automatically gives you an Air France platinum card and a spouses card... My French is not perfect !

Braniff
Attached Images   
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hmm, I just renewed my Platinum, I should call in for this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:26 pm

It is however unclear to me if your membership in the American Express Platinum card now automatically gives you an Air France platinum card and a spouses card...

Braniff
Hello Braniff.

I share my fellow FT members surprise regarding the fact to get status miles on ANY purchase with the AMEX FB Platinum card. Your first picture is clearly unambiguous and I am looking forward to the renewal of my current AMEX FB card to confirm it.

That being said, regarding your other questions, here are a few statements based on my current situation (FB LTPE + French AMEX FB Plat) :

* The AMEX FB Platinum will NOT automatically give you an FB Platinum card.
* Your spouse can get an AMEX FB Plat card for free (on your AMEX FB Plat bank account) and she will get an FB Platinum status card AS LONG AS you remain FB Platinum
* You can also "offer" two AMEX FB Gold cards (on your AMEX FB Plat bank account) to relatives (18 year old+) who will get the FB Gold status card as long as you remain FB platinum (my daughter is very happy )

Fred
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

I am attaching pictures of the offer. It seems to me to state clearly that all purchases now count to your status level. It is however unclear to me if your membership in the American Express Platinum card now automatically gives you an Air France platinum card and a spouses card... My French is not perfect !

Braniff
unfortunately there was a mistake in this offer. I received it as well by regular mail, with the same information as the one you posted, but I received a couple of days later an erratum e-mail from Amex : no status miles but only award miles as before, for regular purchases. I am posting below a screenshot of this e-mail.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by schlegfr
* You can also "offer" two AMEX FB Gold cards (on your AMEX FB Plat bank account) to relatives (18 year old+) who will get the FB Gold status card as long as you remain FB platinum (my daughter is very happy )

Fred
Bolding is mine.

You mean AF-KL Flying Blue Amex Gold card, right?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
* You can also "offer" two AMEX FB Gold cards (on your AMEX FB Plat bank account) to relatives (18 year old+) who will get the FB Gold status card as long as you remain FB platinum (my daughter is very happy ) Fred
Very very surprised!
My 2 children have an Amex Gold card on my Plat bank account since 10 years but they are always Ivory ...
Is it new??

Just the second free Amex Platinum has the Platinum FB status.

Last edited by delanotre; Oct 8, 2017 at 2:46 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by delanotre
Very very surprised!(...)
Me as well.

Never heard of this perk.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Bolding is mine.

You mean AF-KL Flying Blue Amex Gold card, right?
Wrong! I really mean the Gold FB status card.

Here is what happened : my daughter turned 18 in August 2016 and I ordered an AMEX FB Gold card for her. Some time later, she received a Platinum AMEX FB card AND a Platinumn FB status card ()
I immediately called AMEX and they told me they made a mistake, believing I ordered a Platinum AMEX instead of a Gold. They fixed the situation and my daughter got the Gold AMEX a few days later (and I was not charged for the extra Platinum). However, she kept her Platinum FB status card and in March 2017, she received a Gold FB status card. Hence my comment in my post.

Being an LTPE enabled my wife to get a Platinum FB status card when I ordered an AMEX FB Plat for her. Year after year, she received a new Platinum FB status card. So when my daughter got the Gold FB status card in March, I was not surprised as I thought that what was working with Platinum AMEX was also working for Gold AMEX.

Now, after reading your various comments, I realized my assumption was wrong. After some thoughts in this topic, I belive that my daughter's situation is very likely an exception due to the original AMEX Platinum glitch. And the Gold FB status card she received is due to the "soft landing" because she got the Platinum FB status card by mistake and has been recorded in FB info systems as such. If I am right, she will get a Silver FB status card next year.

My apologies if I raised some false hopes here.

Fred

Last edited by schlegfr; Oct 8, 2017 at 5:19 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Many
My apologies if I raised some false hopes here.
No worries.

Thanks for the heads up.

Their IT will never cease to amaze me...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
i received the offer below from AMEX offering 50000 miles for moving from AF-KL gold AMEX to Platinum one! the offer says it is only for people who never had platinum card before! ( surprisingly i received it while i had the platinum a year ago)

i don't know if it works for everyone or just the ones who received the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.