Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Miles Without Flying?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Award Miles Without Flying?

The answer I am pretty sure is "No!" but I have to ask.

Is there any way of earning LEVEL miles without flying or without having the Amex card?

I have 419 miles to go to platinum and due to some rookie error by me, a recent TATL J flight was not able to be credited to my FB account.

I would get the Amex card but I can't because I live in the UK .

Thanks folks.

Last edited by Lewis42; Jul 26, 2016 at 4:35 pm Reason: I foolishly stated Award miles when I meant Level miles
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Award or level miles ?

You can get Award miles with https://www.opinionrewardsclub.co.uk or with hotel booked on booking.com for example.

For elite miles there's no other way than flying or spend € on AF/KLM with the amex card.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OP needs definitely level (status) miles and not award miles (which he will get anyway). So, as Mirk said, only Skyteam flying or AF Amex spendings (AF/KL purchases only) will bring status miles.
@OP : We are only in July, so making a cheap round trip in Europe before the end of the year seems an easy thing to do.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:25 am

I'm in the UK too, you can look for cheap day trip to AMS (starting at 90Ł from BHX on saturdays) -> 376 qualifying miles or some 4 segments to the cheapest place you will find via google flight (can be as low as 120Ł) -> 752 qualifying miles.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: Flying blue
A cheap flight to AMS will appear as 187miles per leg if you get 25% miles, check how cheap it is. Even a return might not be enough.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Thanks guys.

I edited my post, I meant level miles. I spent so much time worrying about which miles to write I ended up writing the wrong one!

I will almost certainly have another J TATL flight within the next month or two so I'll get the miles but I wanted the extra 25% award miles.

Oh well. Sucks to be me.

Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: Flying blue
You've nearly 6 months to make 1 flight. There's not much difference between gold and platinum on a typical journey, so wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:01 am

I guess that 25% in J on TATL represent an interesting bunch of miles
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mirk
I guess that 25% in J on TATL represent an interesting bunch of miles
It is only taken out of the distance flown, and does not include any cabin class bonus, so we are talking at most about ~1300 miles for EU-West coast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.