Search

New Flying Blue status?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS // HH DIA // AB PLAT
New Flying Blue status?

Hi FT,

I yesterday called the Platinum Service Line for some questions about an upcoming flight and while having a chat she said something about a new status above Platinum equivalent to Concierge Key or Pandion, Some benefits are use of the VIP Centre at AMS and reserve your favourite seat in the lounge. Does anybody know more about this status? I heard it is still a beta thing but still.

Last edited by exeliser; Jun 26, 2016 at 5:22 am
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: KL, HH
They maybe should pamper their FB Plat customers more instead of introducing a higher tier level.

IMHO, the benefits card holders of this new status can make use of, should have been Plat benefits.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
The concierge key is a secret loyalty program, and it's an invitation-only program.
Air France do have an invitation-only program: Club 2000, maybe she was talking about that ?

Last edited by cbasti1; Jun 26, 2016 at 6:56 am
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbasti1
The concierge key is a secret loyalty program, and it's an invitation-only program.
Air France do have an invitation-only program: Club 2000, maybe she was talking about that ?
No because I was talking to her about how one gets C2000 and she said this is only for VIP and important people like the french parlement. This new status is for the people the I quote "fly like 5 times a week."
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
To me, that sounds like a new level of the Flying Blue program. That would make sense to create a status that would get the same soft benefits as Club 2000 (special welcomes, VIP service on the ground, discretionary upgrades outside of any opup situation).
Actually, it could really be called "Club 2000", with some members reaching this status with their level of contribution and others being granted the status regardless of their travel pattern.
In terms of marketing, it is a gem: "We have VIPs, right. But you, as our most loyal customers, are also VIPs to us".
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Many
Another sign of a 4th tier coming...
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
The 4th level already exists: Platinum for life
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exeliser
"fly like 5 times a week."
I wouldn't want to be one of them no matter what benefits the alleged new level offers.

I just might reconsider if they offer to pay me to fly, in F or J only of course.

Johan
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
A level higher than Plat, not at all by invitation but really "earned", was supposed to launch already last autumn. No idea what qualification criteria are (miles and/or segments, how many/how much, qualifying cabins/booking classes)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:34 am

it's called ''Le Travel Assistant'' and will be by invitation only. Unlike C2000, access to the one service will be strictly based on revenue generated with AFKL. I don't have the exact figure in mind but one must travel A LOT (and I mean A LOT) at the front of the plane to be invited. Assistance will be provided 24/7 in EN and FR, and aims to cover all aspects of a journey, from booking to after-sales, including Flying Blue issues, complaints, baggage...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: Many
Sort of "Concierge" then. Thanks l'agentsecret for sharing this insider's info.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Then it is pointless to my point of view. Again another kind of concierge service, especially nowadays with all digital tools available to passengers. We do have :
- Elite service line, available to Flying Blue Silver and Gold, and maybe SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus customers, available 24/7 and handling reservations and irrops only
- Platinum service line, available to all Flying Blue Platinum customers and handling all kind of issues regarding AF, FB, etc (to me, almost the same scope as the "Travel Assistant")
-"Le Travel Assistant" available to top customers generating the highest revenue per passenger at AF, supposingly handling everything.

Nothing close to a fourth tier to me...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:40 am
Original Poster

It is in fact Travel Assistance. But they do everything for you EVERYTHING. From getting you a ride to the airport to buying the tickets to that musical. It is a concierge service but like Pandion only the revenue creators are going in it.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by l'agentsecret
it's called ''Le Travel Assistant'' and will be by invitation only...
Thanks to clarify recurent "red carpet for myself only" fantasies
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by exeliser
It is in fact Travel Assistance. But they do everything for you EVERYTHING. From getting you a ride to the airport to buying the tickets to that musical. It is a concierge service but like Pandion only the revenue creators are going in it.
Do they realize that most of these wealthy travellers already have that kind of service with their credit cards? Which actually makes more sense, because I don't know how Air France will get my financial data to book this ride or buy this musical ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.