Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid Flying Blue Expiration

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 4:34 pm

Right, I guess I was considering only miles which extend validity -- there's no way to retain any of those if they expire.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:26 pm
mlm

Thank you. It sounds like I'd be best with an upcoming KLM trip this week to credit the miles to my Delta Sky Miles with no expiration in case I'm not flying to/from Europe enough.

Appreciated your answers and help. Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:37 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
How can I extend the validity of my miles? Is this only possible by making a KLM flight or can I also do this by booking hotels through Rocketmiles or Pointshound? My last activity was in december 2016 by crediting Flying Blue miles from Pointshound. Is this a valid activity to extend the validity?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Goflyer100
How can I extend the validity of my miles? Is this only possible by making a KLM flight or can I also do this by booking hotels through Rocketmiles or Pointshound? My last activity was in december 2016 by crediting Flying Blue miles from Pointshound. Is this a valid activity to extend the validity?
Only a qualifying flight. It doesn't have to be a AF or KLM one.

Or, if you have a AFKLM AMEX card, and pay with it, this works as well.

This link was in a few messages before yours:
https://flyingblue.com/news/2619/mor...ard-miles.html
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I don't think so..

Originally Posted by CyBeR
Not only that, but they will be treated as if they have the same FB membership level as the person booking.
Are you sure ? I am PE for life....if I book an economy ticket for my son, he can just stroll into the lounge ?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Are you sure ? I am PE for life....if I book an economy ticket for my son, he can just stroll into the lounge ?
Absolutely correct, I can confirm. My niece just flew CDG-SDQ on a Y-class award ticket booked by myself and enjoyed the full set of PE perks.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
For US-based Flying Blue Members I am correct in understanding that the newly offering Flying Blue credit card from Bank of America would avoid expiration of miles in the Flying Blue account?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:10 pm

I happened to notice that as a US based flying blue member, transfer Amex Membership rewards point into my flying blue account seems DOES extend the mileage expiration date. I'm surprised.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BWItraveller
I happened to notice that as a US based flying blue member, transfer Amex Membership rewards point into my flying blue account seems DOES extend the mileage expiration date. I'm surprised.
Did not work for me. I transferred from the Ameriprise Amex.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
maybe yes , but be aware that maybe a bug or a particular case , so others shouldnt assume it will be always like this and its better to take a flight in order to prevent expiration

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
For US-based Flying Blue Members I am correct in understanding that the newly offering Flying Blue credit card from Bank of America would avoid expiration of miles in the Flying Blue account?
have you read the terms and conditions ? no mention of it ?
Old May 2, 2019, 10:28 am

Same here I hope it is not a bug
Old May 4, 2019, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocco24
Same here I hope it is not a bug
I would urge caution on this. I have a sneaky suspicion that it only covers miles acquired through other means than flying. See my post on this (post #5 ) in this thread.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I would definitely be careful , no point in risking 1000's of points, as you will not get them back.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
I would urge caution on this. I have a sneaky suspicion that it only covers miles acquired through other means than flying. See my post on this (post #5 ) in this thread.
that's misleading and shady. it is like FB is committing a fraud. What is the best way to find out for sure?
Old May 6, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocco24
that's misleading and shady. it is like FB is committing a fraud.
"shady" and "fraud" imply a deliberate intention to deceive, which seems to me extremely unlikely to be there even if my suspicion ends up confirmed. More likely to be incompetence than malice.

What is the best way to find out for sure?
1) Phone FB and ask for an explicit confirmation of the expiry dates of your miles.
2) wait and see what happens.

There is an obvious potential drawback to 2) so perhaps 1) would be the best course of action to follow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.