Wiki Posts
Search

expiry date flyingblue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:03 am
Original Poster

expiry date flyingblue

Hello,

Could someone tell me where to find the expiry date of my flyingblue miles?

Yours Sincerely,

Joost
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Log into your FB account on klm.com, go to your mileage overview and the date will be right there.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
As a principle rule, miles expire 20 months after last activity. Exceptions apply for elite members and those with a co-branded flying blue Amex card (NL and FR markets).
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
it's not last activity, it's last flight. bumping balance is not sufficient. anybody know if truly must be a KLM/Skyteam flight? Will miles credited from non-alliance Gol prevent expiry?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
only if your gol flight has a KL number.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
it's not last activity, it's last flight. bumping balance is not sufficient. anybody know if truly must be a KLM/Skyteam flight? Will miles credited from non-alliance Gol prevent expiry?
It is last level miles earning activity, which for most people outside France or the NL will normally mean last Skyteam flight. Non-alliance flights do not normally earn level miles in FB, unless they are AF or KL-coded.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AR, AA, IB, EY, UA
Indeed... sadly G3 miles don't prevent expiry.

Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the picture, that gives a strong confirmation of this fact.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I don't use FB a lot, but last time I logged in (admittedly quite some time ago, probably late last year), it clearly showed expiry date of my miles. For the life of me I cannot find the expiry date any more with everything in a new format. Is it displayed somewhere obvious and I am missing it, if so can someone help point me in the right direction? If not, is the way to work it out, just add 20 months to last activity?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:55 am

After logging in you see a drop-down menu appearing in the top bar. This menu can be accessed by clicking on your name and is located on the left side of the visibility and country settings.

After clicking 'miles overview' you will see the expiry date of your miles.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by t0t1t2
After logging in you see a drop-down menu appearing in the top bar. This menu can be accessed by clicking on your name and is located on the left side of the visibility and country settings.

After clicking 'miles overview' you will see the expiry date of your miles.
Thanks, I know the drop down menu. I don't see anything that says 'Miles overview", just "dashboard", "awards mile balance", "transactions" "my ivory benefits" etc..

However, I stumbled onto it via going into "My Ivory Benefits" then at the bottom of that page "View my miles balance" which took me into the screen I was more familiar with and displays expiry date... Quite circuitous to get there though.

Edit: Now realise my mistake was logging in via flying blue website, via airfrance website the information was there immediately. Why the two different portals?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by eddieflyer
it's not last activity, it's last flight. bumping balance is not sufficient.

That's not true. If you have the Amex card and buy a Mars bar they will not expire.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:02 am

Is the AF US site different? I'm not seeing any of the items being listed in the last few posts.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mandatory
That's not true. If you have the Amex card and buy a Mars bar they will not expire.
That's not true.

The FB Amex entry card available in the Netherlands will only extend your miles for 20 months beyond the date of acceptance of the card - not with each purchase.

And even in your case, they would expire 20 months after buying the Mars bar
Attached Images  
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:06 am
8am

Could you pls help me.
I have 0 miles on my account now.
If I get few not via Amex nor Flying (via hotel reservation), would this miles expire in 20 months? or when?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.