Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for international hidden city fare with AF

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Advice for international hidden city fare with AF

I trying to book a pretty good fare ($650) from DFW to SVO but leaving at CDG. I wondered if the passagers have to take the luggage at CDG or are they automatically rerouted. This is my biggest concern for now and wanted to have you advice.

Thanks !
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Florian Khaliqui
I trying to book a pretty good fare ($650) from DFW to SVO but leaving at CDG. I wondered if the passagers have to take the luggage at CDG or are they automatically rerouted. This is my biggest concern for now and wanted to have you advice.

Thanks !
Luggage will be through checked and asking for it to be offloaded may lead to some serious questioning. Kl even charges a fee for that, I'm not sure if af does too.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jan 3, 2016 at 3:09 am
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You have to forget about this crazy plan...
Note that your return flights will be automatically cancelled, if you don't fly the 2nd segment CDG-SVO.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Even if you only have a carry-on, DFW gate agents will check for a Russian visa in your passport (if you have US passport... not sure the policy for other passports).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by trigleek
Even if you only have a carry-on, DFW gate agents will check for a Russian visa in your passport (if you have US passport... not sure the policy for other passports).
Very good point. And the Russian visa is so much hassle to obtain...
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even with a visa and without checked luggage, if OP no shows for his CDG-SVO segment, the remaining/return segments will be cancelled (presuming that this is not a one-way ticket). Hidden city does not work on the outbound of round-trip tickets.

Whether the cancelled ticket retains any value which may be applied to a new ticket will be determined by the fare rules of the new ticket.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

I forgot about the visa issue, i though it wouldn't be an issue as I assumed they would ask for visa at CDG not DFW. Was thinking about booking 2 one way fare to avoid the rest of the segment to be cancelled. But following your advices, will see if there are other possibilities. Thank you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.