Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Crown Christmas Cards (specially crafted for orbitmic & johan rebel)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Lol. That gave me a good chuckle. Thanks guys 😊.

Merry Christmas all.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Is that the kind of food you expect us to eat during the WAW DO ?
...and good morning to you, Goldorak

Let me please explain the food situation concerning the Warsaw gathering: you see, ajs123 is such a polite guy and he didn't tell me directly, but he's probably understood that my culinary tastes are not really up to the mark and he has therefore taken over that particular aspect: now, whether that's a good or a bad thing, je ne sais pas

G
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:06 am
Original Poster

After a mouth-watering Christmas dinner at the Crown Lounge and a few (meaning far too many) glasses of red & that drink I had pictured earlier on, the night frantically unfolded on board the B737, when conversation was started (I can't quite remember whether it was me or her who did it, though ) with the American girl sitting on 2D. Being her first time flying business class on a European carrier, I felt it was my duty of telling her all about the culinary delights of KLM and I therefore proposed an aperitif, which would have obviously been followed by a deliciously romantic (as ajs123 likes to put it ) dinner later on, served by the suspiciously over-tanned FA taking care of a packed C cabin. Those unforgettable moments are shown below

G
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
...and good morning to you, Goldorak

Let me please explain the food situation concerning the Warsaw gathering: you see, ajs123 is such a polite guy and he didn't tell me directly, but he's probably understood that my culinary tastes are not really up to the mark and he has therefore taken over that particular aspect: now, whether that's a good or a bad thing, je ne sais pas

G
. We'll see !!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
After a mouth-watering Christmas dinner at the Crown Lounge and a few (meaning far too many) glasses of red & that drink I had pictured earlier on, the night frantically unfolded on board the B737, when conversation was started (I can't quite remember whether it was me or her who did it, though ) with the American girl sitting on 2D. Being her first time flying business class on a European carrier, I felt it was my duty of telling her all about the culinary delights of KLM and I therefore proposed an aperitif, which would have obviously been followed by a deliciously romantic (as ajs123 likes to put it ) dinner later on, served by the suspiciously over-tanned FA taking care of a packed C cabin. Those unforgettable moments are shown below
Who cares about the food, what we really want to see is a photo of the girl!!

The Christmas turkey and Christmas tart on BA were actually very good, and Kir Royal duly raised to all of your health! 22 hours of flying later I have arrived at my hotel ready to work first thing tomorrow morning!

As for our friend AlicorporateUK and his new (cute?) little Christmas elf...
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Who cares about the food, what we really want to see is a photo of the girl!!

The Christmas turkey and Christmas tart on BA were actually very good, and Kir Royal duly raised to all of your health! 22 hours of flying later I have arrived at my hotel ready to work first thing tomorrow morning!

As for our friend AlicorporateUK and his new (cute?) little Christmas elf... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0
That made me proper laugh

Good to hear that you got there safe & sound and that the food was worth mentioning

As regards to my new California born but NYC resident friend, the conversation fluidly went on until the baggage carousel (note: I was being kind as I didn't have any baggage myself ), however the pleasant chat took an unexpected turn when the young[ish] girl, in a fairly evident state of alcohol happiness, blatantly started whispering & shortly after singing a tune from Justin Bieber: at that point, I obviously left the scene and called my partner to say that I had landed, that I had a good sleep on the plane and that I was already on the taxi to the hotel

G
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Despite the long session last night and the fact that, as soon as I woke up this morning, I felt pretty much like Bruce Springsteen in the first paragraph of Streets of Philadelphia, I'm already done & dusted with my work commitments and comfortably sitting in an airport lounge (for a change!). Needless to say, I thought about orbitmic & you all, guys, and I'm therefore posting proof -

G
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.