FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   FB Change of mileage accrual structure for Air Europa flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1733216-fb-change-mileage-accrual-structure-air-europa-flights.html)

newflyer27 Dec 21, 2015 2:44 am

FB Change of mileage accrual structure for Air Europa flights

FB has changed it mileage accrual eligibility for AirEuropa flights starting Dec 1st. All UX booking classes are now eligible for mileage accrual (i.e. they also count as qualifying segments). a return flight Paris-Madrid for 98 € will give you 2 qualifying segments:D!!

For me who goes to madrid quite often, this is good news as i had before to call Aireuropa to buy another booking class than the one available on their website to be sure to have qualifying segments!

of course some people will say this is bad because it makes it even easier to get to silver or gold status with such cheap flights :rolleyes:

irishguy28 Dec 21, 2015 2:53 am

This was noted over in this thread, but it's probably a good idea to draw wider attention to the fact by having its own thread.

newflyer27 Dec 21, 2015 3:15 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 25895810)
This was noted over in this thread, but it's probably a good idea to draw wider attention to the fact by having its own thread.

Ah true, I did not see that one ! i just discovered the new mileage table yesterday while booking a flight ! even though it was clear in the table that my P class was eligible, i called FB to make sure i would get the qualifying segments and they confirmed!

irishguy28 Dec 21, 2015 3:42 am

Indeed, it is very good news for segment runners and makes UX suddenly a very attractive airline for such people - who previously completely ignored this airline!

olivedel Dec 24, 2015 7:44 am

Also check select super-cheap BCN-MAD flights, with some of them operated with a wide-body aircraft (330).

HalconBCN Dec 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 25911783)
Also check select super-cheap BCN-MAD flights, with some of them operated with a wide-body aircraft (330).

...which are also frequently overbooked, meaning good chances of upgrades 😊

olivedel Dec 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN (Post 25913491)
...which are also frequently overbooked, meaning good chances of upgrades 😊

Not sure about that with suma... They would give preference to their own Elites over Elite+ of other FFP of the alliance...

Bjotr Dec 25, 2015 6:07 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 25913618)
Not sure about that with suma... They would give preference to their own Elites over Elite+ of other FFP of the alliance...

They also have Flying Blue, so still a good chance

t0t1t2 Dec 25, 2015 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Bjotr (Post 25914728)
They also have Flying Blue, so still a good chance

I believe they recently withdrew from Flying Blue in order to start their own FFP ?

Xandrios Dec 25, 2015 7:39 am

Note that Air Europa does/will (?) codeshare with other (non-skyteam) partners like Avianca. While these flights used to earn in FB, now they will only earn through UX's own programme.

What are the cheapest segments that one can find through UX? I remember that in the past that they had some state-sponsored domestic routes at 20 euro per segment or so..are these kind of flights still bookable?

olivedel Dec 30, 2015 2:38 am

Originally Posted by t0t1t2 (Post 25914829)
I believe they recently withdrew from Flying Blue in order to start their own FFP ?

That is why I said that :)

HalconBCN Dec 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 25914892)
Note that Air Europa does/will (?) codeshare with other (non-skyteam) partners like Avianca. While these flights used to earn in FB, now they will only earn through UX's own programme.

What are the cheapest segments that one can find through UX? I remember that in the past that they had some state-sponsored domestic routes at 20 euro per segment or so..are these kind of flights still bookable?

The cheapest I have flown include Bcn-Mad 56 euros r/t (1 euro fare) and Bcn-Pmi r/t for around 50.

newflyer27 May 6, 2016 4:00 am

2 Attachment(s)
looks like Air Europa had introduced the concept of "mini" fares as well, they call it "lite". i checked and it seems this does not impact mileage accrual as for example an ORY-MAD flight at 47.86 EUR is in class N which is eligible for accrual with FB. (http://www.eleconomista.es/turismo-v...ir-Europa.html)

irishguy28 May 6, 2016 4:19 am

As of the time of writing, the Checked Baggage page on the English-language version of their website still says that all tickets have at least one bag; and that SUMA/Skyteam Elite & Elite Plus members get one additional bag over the allowance.

Will be interesting to see if the "Lite" fee will still give a baggage allowance to Elite and Elite Plus members

newflyer27 May 6, 2016 6:21 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 26584639)
As of the time of writing, the Checked Baggage page on the English-language version of their website still says that all tickets have at least one bag; and that SUMA/Skyteam Elite & Elite Plus members get one additional bag over the allowance.

Will be interesting to see if the "Lite" fee will still give a baggage allowance to Elite and Elite Plus members

I think it does, using my FB number i get a free one checked bag allowance. it says so once you advance in the booking process(in spanish whatever the chosen language).