Recognition of change in status mid-itinerary

Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Recognition of change in status mid-itinerary

Hello experts

This might be a tricky one: On my next trip to MNL, I'll hit silver in the midst of my itinerary which is ZRH-AMS-PVG (KL) - MNL (MU). As MU is rather picky on their baggage allowance in C between PVG and MNL (30 kg), it'd be cool if I could proof to them that I just became FB silver/ST elite after arriving in PVG, which would mean one additional bag @ 23 kg on MU.

Is there a way to do so (print screen of my account)? I understand that FB will not show my new status asap, as it takes a couple of days until the flights are posted in the account.

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If the miles are not posted and consequently your status not updated, there is 0 chance to succeed. If the status is updated on FB, then you can print the virtual silver card from the web site.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If the miles are not posted and consequently your status not updated, there is 0 chance to succeed. If the status is updated on FB, then you can print the virtual silver card from the web site.
+1. Sadly, you are only silver when you are silver, not when you take the flight that will make you silver. Until 1) miles post and 2) FB updates your status accordingly (typically 24 hours after the miles have posted), you are technically not silver. After that, indeed, virtual card, showing your account details on your computer or phone or calling FB to ask them to confirm your status could all work.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Emirates SkyAwards Silver
Having gone through the same scenario, almost (silver to gold), and trying to access the lounge at CDG, I was informed the same; status doesn't actually change until the miles/flights post.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The Air France app also support Passbook for FB cards. In case of a status upgrade, a quick refresh there can show your Silver card.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
At the check in desks they will only recognise the status level you had when starting the trip(my experience). So you must bring proof.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.