Wiki Posts
Search

AF codeshare on DL flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
AF codeshare on DL flight

I have been looking at booking a flight from DCA-JFK-BEY. The DCA-JFK is operated by DL but had a AF flight number. The flight existed on Friday but DL updated their schedule over the weekend and some of their flight numbers changed (along with the times). I went to book the flight on Sunday and the flights I want are not there. I am guessing that the codeshare flight numbers have not been reassigned yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for AF to assign flight numbers? I am trying to decide if I should just call AF and pay the fee for them to book it under a DL flight number or just wait it out so I can book online.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hard to know how long it will take to reinstate the AF code-share in the booking engines and GDS. If only DL could stop this madness to constantly change flight numbers and flight times by just a few minutes. It is so annoying
Coming back to your question, I believe what you want to book is DCA-JFK-CDG-BEY, as there is no JFK-BEY flight on any airline AFAIK. And why bother transferring in JFK (which is always a pain and prone to delays) while you can book IAD-CDG-BEY all on AF ? And your profile shows IAD as your location.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hard to know how long it will take to reinstate the AF code-share in the booking engines and GDS. If only DL could stop this madness to constantly change flight numbers and flight times by just a few minutes. It is so annoying
Coming back to your question, I believe what you want to book is DCA-JFK-CDG-BEY, as there is no JFK-BEY flight on any airline AFAIK. And why bother transferring in JFK (which is always a pain and prone to delays) while you can book IAD-CDG-BEY all on AF ? And your profile shows IAD as your location.
Thanks for the info. It is madness when DL does that just for a 20 minute change. You are right...it is DCA-JFK-CDG-BEY. I left out that little detail reason is that I need to be in BEY early. The IAD-CDG in autumn leaves at 18:50 meaning that I would miss the 9:00 connection to BEY. The flights I want to take have room for possible delays even though it makes it a longer trip.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by michelw
Thanks for the info. It is madness when DL does that just for a 20 minute change. You are right...it is DCA-JFK-CDG-BEY. I left out that little detail reason is that I need to be in BEY early. The IAD-CDG in autumn leaves at 18:50 meaning that I would miss the 9:00 connection to BEY. The flights I want to take have room for possible delays even though it makes it a longer trip.
Makes sense of course. If I were you, I'd just call AF (in fact DL in the U.S. !) and book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.