Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at NBO during a night transfer

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Lounge Access at NBO during a night transfer

Dear FTers,

One of my friends is traveling to Africa this summer, transferring at NBO, and spending the night at the airport.
She will be traveling with an award ticket booked with an account of a Gold member.
- Are lounges opened through the night at NBO?
- If so, will she be able to access the lounge considering that the status of the account owner is reflected to her boarding pass?
- If not, can she access the lounge paying a fee, considering that she is only an Ivory member?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't know what the Priority Pass lounges are like now in the new terminal? But before the fire you could access for a fee and yes they are open all night long as NBO is busy all night long due to altitude. They had huge leather chairs that one could snooze in and many did.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
The status of who books the ticket will not appear on the boarding pass, so she will not have access to the Kenya Airways lounges. There is the Aspire Lounge, but she will have to pay $30 for every 4 hours she stays there. It does not have showers.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
The status of who books the ticket will not appear on the boarding pass, so she will not have access to the Kenya Airways lounges.
Has that changed for award tickets? A few months ago, all passengers booked within the same award PNR used to have SkyPriority and the status from the account where the miles used to come from on the BP.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by olivedel
Has that changed for award tickets? A few months ago, all passengers booked within the same award PNR used to have SkyPriority and the status from the account where the miles used to come from on the BP.
I think it depends on where the BP is printed. Some systems show it, some don't. Several years ago a friend even got an upgrade when I booked her an award ticket! And of course certain lounge dragons insist on seeing your FF elite card no matter what it says on your BP.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
And of course certain lounge dragons insist on seeing your FF elite card no matter what it says on your BP.
very good point, to take into consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.