AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017

Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It seems this thread is going OT
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It seems this thread is going OT

But then, in a way, we could always argue that this thread discusses the consequences of Alitalia - a close partner of AFKL and SkyTeam member and an airline many people have FFP status on that they use on AFKL - disappearing or landing in the arms of the great evil, i.e. an airline in another alliance. Sounds like a good topic for a weekend forum discussion
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
It is very unexciting offering, I agree, but does not plunge to quite the same depth of mediocrity as the likes of RO, AR or VN at their hubs (can't comment on AM or SV as I am not familiar with these). Perhaps KE would be reasonably close to KL but, given that this is an Asian airline, expectations tend to be higher, hence why KE is so disappointing.
ah, but then you have my hypothesis that the RO lounge offering has been conceived by a yoghurt monomaniac! Lounge is rubbish but includes at least 12-15 different types of yoghurts of subtle variations in milk, fat content, texture, additions, etc. I guess its a form of experiment! They also have a few (rubbish) sandwiches but hide them, sometimes amidst white wine bottles (dont ask me why) sometimes under the unsmiling guardianship of the people working behind the rather pointless bar.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:44 am

Slightly OT but...

Originally Posted by Reuters

Air France-KLM, Delta examining ways of keeping Alitalia in Skyteam

PARIS (Reuters) - Air France-KLM (AIRF.PA) and its U.S. partner Delta Air Lines (DAL.N) are studying ways of keeping Alitalia inside the Skyteam alliance - but without Air France-KLM being a buyer, Chief Executive Jean-Marc Janaillac said on Friday.

“We are not a potential buyer so we did not participate in the process,” Janaillac told a news conference, adding the Franco-Dutch airline group has not had access to Alitalia data.

Lufthansa (LHAG.DE), which leads the rival Star Alliance and has its own North Atlantic joint venture, has said it would be interested in a bid but only if Alitalia could be restructured.

Janaillac said that given the publicly-known offers so far, there was a risk that Alitalia could leave Skyteam and the North Atlantic joint venture, which would have a negative impact for Air France-KLM.

Air France-KLM and Delta last year rejigged their North Atlantic alliance, bringing in Virgin Atlantic [VA.UL], which had a separate joint venture with Delta.

“Also, we are working (on) a new joint venture in the Atlantic with a specific role for Alitalia and it would also be quite negative to have Alitalia not as a partner but as a competitor on these North Atlantic routes,” he said.

The Italian market is of interest to airlines because of the high demand from tourists from all over the world wanting to visit the country.

British low-cost airline easyJet (EZJ.L) said last month that it was interested in parts of Alitalia, and that discussions were ongoing. However, it is only interested in short-haul operations, so a separate buyer would have to be found for long-haul routes.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1G012S

G
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Some interesting news posted in the DL forum
Looks like Alitalia will be exiting the TATL JV

Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Some interesting news posted in the DL forum
Looks like Alitalia will be exiting the TATL JV

That is great news for Alitalia - they can now start the new transatlantic services that they wanted to, but couldn't while part of the JV.

Etihad in particular will be rolling their eyes at this news...it came too late to help them!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:27 pm

It was just matter of time. Considering Alitalia’s disastrous financial circumstances (making any development in terms of JV treacherous if not impossible) plus their ever shrinking network, this is not a surprising move and can only benefit the JV in the long term.

G
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:54 am

In an interview with Italy's il Sole 24 Ore, Pieter Elbers (KLM's CEO) confirmed that there are 'fresh' talks in place towards the integration (or reintegration) of Alitalia within the new joint-venture (i.e. Air France-KLM-Delta-Virgin), all this while rumours of Delta negotiating a partial take-over (49%) of the Italian carrier are on the rise.

G
KL803, SDQBound, Goldorak and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Another sign of AZ going away (while it is still very unclear or obscure about the future of AZ and the new airline ITA) : AZ is moving to CDG2B from June 29.
https://www.grand-roissy-tourisme.co...-a-roissy-cdg/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.