Upgrade - miles accrual

Old May 11, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, LH Silver, LATAM Platinum
Upgrade - miles accrual

Hi guys,

I have searched the forum but cannot seem to find the right answer. If it is an obvious question then I apologize beforehand.

I booked a trip CPH-CDG-GIG with miles (on economy) from Brazilian carrier GOL (G3) with Air France as carrier. At check in I got a proposal to upgrade the CDG-GIG leg to business class for abt USD 500. I opted for it and was upgraded to J-class. Question is: do I accrue any miles for the upgrade?

Appreciate I spend miles for the initial trip but paying for an upgrade would (in my book) entitle me to at least some miles... Maybe I am wrong.

Thanks again.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unfortunately, no miles for you with the paid upgrade and no miles at all as you originally booked an award ticket (in Y).
Old May 26, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
In addition to Goldorak: even if your ticket had been purchased the regular way, no additional miles would have been awarded after buying an upgrade at check-in (been there, done that). Beware of the subtle difference of changing to a different booking class at the ticket counter (been there, done that too)! @Goldorak: would an *award* ticket be eligible for mileage accrual when upgrading at the ticket counter?
Old May 27, 2015, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by aufmatt
@Goldorak: would an *award* ticket be eligible for mileage accrual when upgrading at the ticket counter?
No.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.