Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The discount is 20% and it's been on since last week, so it's not like it's a half-day flash sale.

Too bad it can't be applied on multi-city routings. I meant to use multicity to force AZ to sell me the late FCO-BRU flight as a connection to VLC-FCO. Well I guess it's not that bad to miss the couple of hours in Rome as it would be in the morning anyway.

And at sub-250 for business class it's such a steal. I think if it weren't a two-night trip, I'd just book another one to ensure safe and easy Gold.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Originally Posted by Escape
Is anyone familiar with any good mileage runs to australia with skyteam, ideally in business?
honestly, your best picks might be with China Airlines. Their Premium Economy is about €1500 rt , their business around €3000 rt. And they have a very nice, new A350 on the route to AMS and SYD. Also, nice lounge in TPE.
Flew their PE product to AKL a month ago and I'm really, really happy with it / would definitely fly them again.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: FB platinum
I just finished a BRU - FCO - VLC XP run this week-end. It seems that my FB number and the Alitalia system did not agree together, so nothing was credited automatically.
I submitted the 4 retro-claim requests (one per segment) today and got the answers less than one hour later: it seems that someone at FB was feeling extra-generous as I got everything credited twice:

Works for me
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by lynxy
I just finished a BRU - FCO - VLC XP run this week-end. It seems that my FB number and the Alitalia system did not agree together, so nothing was credited automatically.
I submitted the 4 retro-claim requests (one per segment) today and got the answers less than one hour later: it seems that someone at FB was feeling extra-generous as I got everything credited twice:
Works for me
Congrats....they really have THE day..just checked my FB account and got miles for my paid upgrade at the gate (100% business + 100% bonus) + miles for my Delta "E" fare including XP. Flight flown on Monday.
lynxy likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:37 am

Hi guys.

By my calculations, including current bookings, I am at 154 XP, which means I am lacking 26XP to renewal (yes, the 1 XP is ever so annoying )

Now, I need to buy a ticket to go home for Easter, and it's either take *A, or a KL-coded OK-opr itinerary that's about 100 EUR more, but gains 20XP. I could combine that with a daytrip/weekend trip for 10XP at ~100EUR if I am flexible, to get over.
But it got me thinking, as the times suck for ST option - would it be possible to instead gain 25-27-30XP for about 200-250 from AMS (or BRU, maybee DUS), with a daytrip or a Saturday night trip? I can easily find business class routings with 2 transfers, but not really for Eco...
Sadly, common 2-segment return does not cut it..
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
Anyone is aware of any Alitalia promo codes valid at the moment?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
MUC-FCO-MAD-FCO-MUC is 313€ with promo code START20DE - no night in FCO needed.
Thanks for sharing, it was done yesterday! Everything went fine except:
Alitalia flight departed from Terminal 1, area A (and then using gate A28).
The very friendly check-in agent mentioned that there was no lounge available (airside), unlike T1 area D used by AF with its lounge - that AZ clearly advertises on its website. Of course one can't go up to zone D airside ( anyway that's a huge walking distance).
No food & drink voucher was offered either
It's pity because, knowing this in advance, it could have allowed me to arrive obviously much later at the airport. Is AZ always using A-Gate at Munich?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi guys.

By my calculations, including current bookings, I am at 154 XP, which means I am lacking 26XP to renewal (yes, the 1 XP is ever so annoying )

Now, I need to buy a ticket to go home for Easter, and it's either take *A, or a KL-coded OK-opr itinerary that's about 100 EUR more, but gains 20XP. I could combine that with a daytrip/weekend trip for 10XP at ~100EUR if I am flexible, to get over.
But it got me thinking, as the times suck for ST option - would it be possible to instead gain 25-27-30XP for about 200-250 from AMS (or BRU, maybee DUS), with a daytrip or a Saturday night trip? I can easily find business class routings with 2 transfers, but not really for Eco...
how about a trip to NYC via CDG? 30XP for about 330Euro
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by DukeOfSilesia
Anyone is aware of any Alitalia promo codes valid at the moment?
any please?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Thanks for sharing, it was done yesterday! Everything went fine except:
Alitalia flight departed from Terminal 1, area A (and then using gate A28).
The very friendly check-in agent mentioned that there was no lounge available (airside), unlike T1 area D used by AF with its lounge - that AZ clearly advertises on its website. Of course one can't go up to zone D airside ( anyway that's a huge walking distance).
No food & drink voucher was offered either
It's pity because, knowing this in advance, it could have allowed me to arrive obviously much later at the airport. Is AZ always using A-Gate at Munich?
of course you can go airside from A to D to the Air France lounge. I have done so last year - however it is a very very long walk. and the lounge is nothing special.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by romans
any please?
none available at the moment. but a premium economy sale from Spain ... BCN-GIG in premium economy for 694€
https://www.alitalia.com/es_es/offer...omy-promo.html
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

You may find a return to somewhere in SW Germany / Switzerland / N Italy with a stop in CDG both ways for about ~150€ and then add the cheapest intra-Europe return trip you may find for about ~100€, which would yield 30XP for about 250€. If you need to add the cost of a hotel night for the first return though, I am not sure it is worth the XP run. If positioning to DUS is not an issue, I would rather go with one of the XP run mentioned earlier in this topic: best value for me considering the XP rollover.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by DukeOfSilesia

how about a trip to NYC via CDG? 30XP for about 330Euro
That does not sound too bad, but I haven't been able to find one in dates where it works for me, and then only for about 350-360. Also often offers non-stop from AMS...

This weirds me out btw. because with all the cheap tickets to the US lately, 350 somehow manages to feel like a high price for a transatlantic ticket though of course I know it not to be.

Originally Posted by Porcepic
You may find a return to somewhere in SW Germany / Switzerland / N Italy with a stop in CDG both ways for about ~150€ and then add the cheapest intra-Europe return trip you may find for about ~100€, which would yield 30XP for about 250€. If you need to add the cost of a hotel night for the first return though, I am not sure it is worth the XP run. If positioning to DUS is not an issue, I would rather go with one of the XP run mentioned earlier in this topic: best value for me considering the XP rollover.
So it sounds like I'm still better off doing this trip on KL tickets even if that means some 150 EUR extra, oh well.
Besides the hotel, I'm having issue enough finding something from AMS sub 10 EUR XP on a weekend return as is, for returns via CDG both ways. BRU is better but then that's extra 60EUR or so to get to BRU in the first place, so it's a draw pretty much.
Shame the Alitalia run to Valencia doesn't allow for a single night return. I'd have booked that twice and problem solved.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Managed to get - via a shady OTA - a rtn BHX-AMS-BRU-JFK for £1250 wont be many miles but it's 120XP for the whole thing which is not bad at all. You can probably get a bit more xp/$ by flying all euro connection flights only (but then why would you!)

Also get to fly delta for the first time, although im not sure if thats something to look forward to or not. Looks like a 767 both ways.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Managed to get - via a shady OTA - a rtn BHX-AMS-BRU-JFK for £1250 wont be many miles but it's 120XP for the whole thing which is not bad at all. You can probably get a bit more xp/$ by flying all euro connection flights only (but then why would you!)

Also get to fly delta for the first time, although im not sure if thats something to look forward to or not. Looks like a 767 both ways.
Not a bad price for XP hunter but yeah DL 767 isn't really J winner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.