Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BA, KLM
Originally Posted by glennhaak
I just returned from DUS-CDG-AMS-BLL and v.v. which nets 90XP for €500, I had to position from AMS, so added up to 100XP for €600, quite nice. Still wide open the coming months, well into the new year. Miles are better on AZ though.
How do you even search for this route? I just get a message saying no flight could be found on the KLM website.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by fifty_two
beware of OK coded flights , most booking classes dont give any xp or miles
​​​​​​​P, R, W, S, N, and V do not earn indeed, although some of these can be pretty expensive.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
How do you even search for this route? I just get a message saying no flight could be found on the KLM website.
You have to check the Air France website as it is an Air France fare.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I actually use these for my commute. Of course, Alitalia business class is not great (far from it)...but it surely beats sitting in Economy.
[OT] A small tip from a fellow air commuter (and mostly on Alitalia, business class): as I had enough of refusing the usual greasy lasagne/ravioli or the desiccated pastry at breakfast (thanks but no thanks) and ending up starving (I often don't get chance to scoff something in the lounge and, adding to misery, I'm an avid runner meaning that I often need refuelling ), I started requesting the special meals, which are far from being as good as the standard meals on Aegean for instance but definitely worth it (I would normally go for the seafood meal). Also, the food at the lounges in Rome (especially the newly opened lounge at T3E) is -generally speaking- above average compared to other lounges in Europe which somewhat makes the whole experience a tad better. [/OT]

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Sep 19, 2018 at 4:40 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Seems that you can't get any lower than 6.21 EUR per XP (the TRD route). Curious if anyone found any cheaper deals than that. The Alitalia J fares (at least from DE/MUC to BCN) are a bit above.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
beware of OK coded flights , most booking classes dont give any xp or miles
Originally Posted by bodory
P, R, W, S, N, and V do not earn indeed, although some of these can be pretty expensive.
In this specific case, all classes are earning. I think even you can get it as all AF numbers.

As a matter of fact I believe all OK business class classes earn on FB, but a lot of Y don't.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[OT] A small tip from a fellow air commuter (and mostly on Alitalia, business class): as I had enough of refusing the usual greasy lasagne/ravioli or the desiccated pastry at breakfast (thanks but no thanks) and ending up starving (I often don't get chance to scoff something in the lounge and, adding to misery, I'm an avid runner meaning that I often need refuelling ), I started requesting the special meals, which are far from being as good as the standard meals on Aegean for instance but definitely worth it (I would normally go for the seafood meal). Also, the food at the lounges in Rome (especially the newly opened lounge at T3E) is -generally speaking- above average compared to other lounges in Europe which somewhat makes the whole experience a tad better. [/OT]

G
Personally, I think AZ is fairly decent with their EU J offering, even if not the best...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Seems that you can't get any lower than 6.21 EUR per XP (the TRD route). Curious if anyone found any cheaper deals than that. The Alitalia J fares (at least from DE/MUC to BCN) are a bit above.
From skyscanner.de: 4.9 EUR / XP

B0gdan likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
In this specific case, all classes are earning
how ? cause this simulation was done with google but no data available so we cant say which booking class will be proposed

I think even you can get it as all AF numbers.
as far as i remember AF and OK dont have shared agreements on this route between PRG and KSC , so it will be OK coded and this is the reason why i gave this warning

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 20, 2018 at 5:42 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
AMS-CDG-RIX-VNO and back can be booked for EUR 426.36 (excluding booking fee / cc fee) and gets you 90 XP. This is EUR 4.74 per XP.
B0gdan and demisole like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by edwinw
AMS-CDG-RIX-VNO and back can be booked for EUR 426.36 (excluding booking fee / cc fee) and gets you 90 XP. This is EUR 4.74 per XP.
I can only see AMS-CDG-VNO, not via Riga
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:44 am

how ? cause this simulation was done with google but no data available so we cant say which booking class will be proposed
I know this fare, considering that I live in AMS but come from KSC I've even flown it one-way before, when it was also routed via LYS.

Books into D on the OK leg, which isn't even the least earning business fare.

as far as i remember AF and OK dont have shared agreements on this route between PRG and KSC , so it will be OK coded and this is the reason why i gave this warning
Used to be that OK and AF codeshared extensively, apparently this hasn't been true for years. But they still have KL codeshare on PRG-KSC, so maybe I've seen that?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Google Flights can pull this one up easily, https://goo.gl/flights/khXH7
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I know this fare, considering that I live in AMS
so now you should know what marechausee mean and how to pronounce it!!!

but come from KSC
Ahoj kamo , ako sa mas ?

Used to be that OK and AF codeshared extensively, apparently this hasn't been true for years. But they still have KL codeshare on PRG-KSC, so maybe I've seen that?
KL maybe , but definitely not AF
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So, now it's time to continue the story of my journey to Platinum with my trip to Jeju, South Korea, this summer. I will do this in two parts to prevent it from becoming long winded and to offer the respite of a break in the middle. The booking was with China Eastern (MU) and the trip began in Düsseldorf, with the flight MU8688(A5) from DUS to CDG, As this was for work, it wasn't really a mileage run as such, but it was part of my journey to Platinum!

MU8688(A5) DUS-CDG - I spent a pleasant but brief breakfast time in the Hugo Junkers lounge before boarding my Hop ! flight to Paris at 09h05. This was a very good flight and I thought Hop ! was really the best of these LCC clones created by the majors in Europe (I particularly dislike the Eurowings/germanwings hegemony in non-hub Germany). Hop ! offered full service with croissants and drinks (surprisingly good coffee) and the crew were friendly with good passenger interaction, coming round a second time with the croissant basket. The flight arrived at the very remote G gates of the Terminal 2 complex and to transfer you had to get specific buses, marshalled by a very rude ground employee. I had to go to 2L for my flight to Shanghai.

The Air France Business lounge at 2L was excellent, with showers, a Clarins spa and a really rather good selection of hot and cold food and drinks. The only downside was that, probably due to the summer travel season, the lounge was swarming with people. It somehow didn't get annoying (I really don't like people constantly milling all over the place) but the whole premium experience is becoming less and less premium. But the lounge experience was very positive, with helpful staff, and it was much better than any of the inadequate and dilapidated Schengen lounges in 2F.

MU554 CDG-PVG - I had inquired about an upgrade on my first China Eastern flight, but they wanted EUR990 which I thought was far too much. I had snagged one of the better seats in Economy, 70J towards the end of the plane, where the fuselage begins to taper and the three seat layout suddenly becomes two seats, affording you a lot more room. I was positively surprised by China Eastern Economy, finding it much more decent than I expected. The first inflight meal, although not stellar, was quite good, probably thanks to the French catering company that provided the meals. Drinks were ok and they had Tsingtao beer from China which was quite refreshing as a Summer drink. At the rear galley there were snacks, sandwiches and drinks at any time. Crew were pretty anonymous, but they did their job and never pulled a face when I asked for a drink or a snack at the back during the flight. The second meal, breakfast (which felt more like a midnight meal!) was really quite good and was more Chinese in style. being beef with noodles.
I didn't get much sleep, mostly because of the flight times. The IFE was really good, much better than I expected, and had a wide selection of audio and film content. I checked out some traditional Chinese music and watched the film "Victoria and Abdul". On the recommendation of the girl from Shanghai who was sitting next to me, I watched two more films: one Japanese one that was very traditional and featured a black cat that terrorized people, and the other a Chinese comedy made by a Hong Kong company that was really quite good.
This was the only flight out of the whole trip that didn't automatically post to my Flying Blue account. I made a retroclaim about a month later and it was instantly credited.

It took a while to go through the transfer process at Shanghai airport, and while waiting I began to spot other musicians heading for the Jeju International Wind Ensemble Festival: a trombone here, a euphonium there. The China Eastern lounge was similar to the Air France one in Paris, with a decent shower section and a great noodle bar where you could choose what you wanted in your noodle soup! There was other hot food too, and a wide selection of drinks. If you go to the upstairs part of the lounge, you can get away from the milling crowds a bit.

MU5059 PVG-CJU - For this last segment to Jeju we found ourselves on an A330, full mostly of Chinese tourists. I was right at the back and I found the seats terrible, compared to the last flight (which I think was on a 787). I have always found the economy seats on the A330 incredibly uncomfortable. There was no service on this flight, except for water bottles, which surprised me given how the Asian and Chinese characters offer much more service than European airlines do. Arriving at Jeju at about 2pm, I was met and driven to the hotel in Jeju city, where I immediately slept for about 2 hours and adjusted to the local time very quickly. A good trip overall.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 20, 2018 at 3:05 pm Reason: typos
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

Quite good proposition!

Any ideals for a mileage run begins at Paris (CDG or ORY) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.