Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Coder33
Yes I know but I've been looking for this perk:

Flex or non-flex is a feature of a specific fare, not a fare bucket (letter).
f0zzyNUE, Goldorak and Coder33 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any tips or feedback about Lisbon? Are restaurants generally open and do you need a test result to gain entry, and is a test necessary in order to check into a hotel? And, thinking about that 05h40 start, are there any plausible hotels at the airport apart from Holiday Inn Express? This hotel is still going to require a taxi ride because there is no shuttle service.
I'm less worried about Krakow, reckon it will all work out.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
Any tips or feedback about Lisbon? Are restaurants generally open and do you need a test result to gain entry, and is a test necessary in order to check into a hotel? And, thinking about that 05h40 start, are there any plausible hotels at the airport apart from Holiday Inn Express? This hotel is still going to require a taxi ride because there is no shuttle service.
I'm less worried about Krakow, reckon it will all work out.
there is a tryp hotel (https://www.tryplisboaaeroporto.com/) and a star inn hotel (https://www.hotelstarinn.com/lisboa/) right across the airport entrance and the metro stop.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really great, thanks. Looks like both are reachable on foot. The Tryp is a lot more (€109) but it has a restaurant, whereas the Star is €76 but the restaurant and bar is "temporarily closed". Maybe I can pop next door to the Tryp to use their bar and restaurant (not sure I can justify the upfare to €109 to stay there). Not sure about going downtown, although I'll have enough time before coming back to the airport to crash before the 05h40 start. I think this Lisbon trip is going to be a bit of an ordeal, though.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:23 am

Really great, thanks. Looks like both are reachable on foot. The Tryp is a lot more (€109) but it has a restaurant, whereas the Star is €76 but the restaurant and bar is "temporarily closed". Maybe I can pop next door to the Tryp to use their bar and restaurant (not sure I can justify the upfare to €109 to stay there). Not sure about going downtown, although I'll have enough time before coming back to the airport to crash before the 05h40 start. I think this Lisbon trip is going to be a bit of an ordeal, though.
BTW - in case you have some time in LIS - there is a new and cool Ai Weiwei exhibition. https://www.visitlisboa.com/de/veran...weiwei-rapture
He now lives in Portugal after he left Germany and has many works on display that were made with local products and local art techiques.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks very much, I will have a look at it. I will be back in Lisbon a couple of nights later for a 2 night stretch with reasonable arrival and departure times. Still tempted to just use IHG Rewards points at the HIX and just use a taxi, because I have too many of them... For the 2 night visit I will select something downtown, either IHG or something from Lonely Planet.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: FB Gold ; TAP Gold
Cabs (Bolt/Uber) are really convenient and affordable in Lisbon so no big deal if you stay downtown ...
Here is some input concerning the measures implemented in Portugal: Info
It's in Portuguese but essentially (and as of today) : covid certificates are compulsory to eat inside of a restaurant in the weekend, restaurants close at 10:30pm, covid certificates compulsory to check in at any hotel, "curfew" at 11pm ...

Boa viagem!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks very much, I find it quite easy to understand for some reason, perhaps because I am also French speaking. I just hope that going to the airport at 05h in the morning won't get me into trouble with their curfew! I will feed back about all of this once I am on the way.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
I just hope that going to the airport at 05h in the morning won't get me into trouble with their curfew!
That is a very good point to bring up! As the saying goes "ignorance is bliss", unless you want to dig in the rabbit hole of curfew subtleties and exemptions...
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by poulet.basquaise
Cabs (Bolt/Uber) are really convenient and affordable in Lisbon so no big deal if you stay downtown ...
I found the airport hotels at LIS really underwhelming whereas there exist many nice options within the city.

Even on a MR with a short layover, I'd rather choose a hotel somewhat closer to the city. The brand-new Moxy Oriente seems like an interesting option. Not in the city center but in the Northeast of the city, it's right at the metro station. Just a six-minute ride from the airport. (And the metro runs like every 5 min or so.)
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I've booked ATH-AMS-MAD MAD-CDG-ATH in C as a feeder for a TATL flight from MAD, having a week stopover in AMS.

Was hoping that I could make it ATH-CDG-AMS rather than ATH-AMS, or, AMS-CDG-MAD rather than AMS-MAD due to there being a stopover involved. It looks like that doesn't quite work unfortunately. Still only one transfer point allowed on ATH-MAD r/t in each direction. When adding an extra transfer at CDG that way, prices jump up by about 500 euro
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8mh
I found the airport hotels at LIS really underwhelming whereas there exist many nice options within the city.

Even on a MR with a short layover, I'd rather choose a hotel somewhat closer to the city. The brand-new Moxy Oriente seems like an interesting option. Not in the city center but in the Northeast of the city, it's right at the metro station. Just a six-minute ride from the airport. (And the metro runs like every 5 min or so.)
I agree totally. The thing is, that day I arrive around 11h20 and the next morning I leave at 05h40. When I come back a couple of days later I will have two full nights with no early start, so I will stay downtown. Actually, a couple of the cheaper hostels recommended by Lonely Planet are offering a single private room for just €30. Might go for that (I have always enjoyed LP suggestions at all budget levels).

One souci is that I will be able to use my first test done here in Germany to enter Poland, spend the night and also check in for the flight to AMS the next morning, all well within the 48 hours stated.
Yesterday I got my 2nd vaccine, no side effects so far.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:17 pm

@Concerto - hope you are not affected by the strike in LIS - https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/...ndred-flights/
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um...not yet, I haven't quite started yet. I'll be on the road in a few days. I did understand that the strike didn't affect all airlines, but principally TAP Portugal. Like I said, all it's going to take is a reasonably loud spider fart and an awful lot of apples are going to come tumbling down. I am playing one heck of a game of dominoes here.

Concerning the new entry regulations just announced by France, any ideas or updates as to whether they apply to transit pax?
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
Transit passengers in CDG do not need any tests according to Traveldoc Concerto

I will do ARN-CDG-AMS-KRK and back this coming week end

Last edited by supersympa; Jul 19, 2021 at 5:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.