Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:12 pm

For those that want to do mileage runs, an easy list of destinations is to take (former) flyingblue petroleum destinations in northern Europe. Most are served by cityhoppr once or twice a day and are in super small airports in the middle of nowhere, perfect for a same plane turnaround.
RIght now might not be the best time because of the restrictions of course but also because KLM has reduced frequencies to these destinations. But if you ever plan on doing future runs, these can be a viable alternative when the usual suspects such as BLL and LPI are cost prohibitive.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What sort of routes are these, then? I can think of the following:

ABZ Aberdeen
HUY Humberside
NWI Norwich
AES Ĺlesund
TRD Trondheim
BGO Bergen
SVG Stavanger

And there's TRF Torp, of course.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
What sort of routes are these, then? I can think of the following:
see for nothern europe
  • Denmark: Aalborg, Billund, Copenhagen
  • Norway: Ĺlesund, Bergen, Oslo-Gardermoen, Oslo-Sandefjord, Stavanger, Kristiansand
  • UK: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Humberside, Inverness, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Southampton, Teesside
more details here = https://www.flyingblue.pl/en/petroleum
Old Oct 27, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fifty_two
see for nothern europe
  • Denmark: Aalborg, Billund, Copenhagen
  • Norway: Ĺlesund, Bergen, Oslo-Gardermoen, Oslo-Sandefjord, Stavanger, Kristiansand
  • UK: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Humberside, Inverness, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Southampton, Teesside
more details here = https://www.flyingblue.pl/en/petroleum
Some of these destinations (MAN, CPH, LON) have never worked. The question is less one of whether these are petroleum destinations but more one of whether these are destinations which were served exclusively or mainly by KLM/KLC and not by AF. GLA is an exception as AF fares from GLA have usually allowed routing via AMS. In the UK, it has mainly been NWI, MME, HUY, GLA and, IIRC, CWL that allowed such routings (possibly NCL too, I can't remember for sure). Many of these don't seem to work now, though. KL has diminished frequencies and, on top of that, AF also seems to have reduced the number of KL flights to the UK on which it puts an AF code, reducing the scope for suitable connections.

As regards the Scandinavian destinations, all of the ones you mention other than CPH are in principle suitable.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:43 pm

Sorry I couldn't reply because of the message cap.

Indeed by Northern Europe I was specifically referring to Scandanavian destinations such as Aalborg or Alesund. That being said, as NickB as mentioned GLA also works relatively well, so do a few other secondary destinations in the UK such as Teesside I believe. The problem right now is that many of these destinations have very reduced frequencies so it might not be as easy as usual. That being said once things get back to normal (god knows when) they will be places to keep in mind.

Also, many of these destinations also work as departure points for cheap J deals (book in O though I believe).
NickB likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JuniorVoyager
Also, many of these destinations also work as departure points for cheap J deals (book in O though I believe).
Given that the subject matter is mileage/XP runs, I had assumed that we were talking primarily of cheap business class deals indeed, rather than economy, as the latter are not especially exciting. Yes, AF O fares are the aim. IME, however, it is not that common to be able to book entirely in O, More often than not, one direction is in O and the other in Z, at least when booked on AF websites (easier to find O in both directions when booking with OTAs but many will be wary of booking with OTAs in the current climate).

BTW, welcome to FT, JuniorVoyager.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got O-class in both directions for my upcoming trip from HAJ to GVA. I booked directly with Air France and I hope I will be able to make my trip. Not sure what transiting France is going to be like at the moment.

EDIT - well, looking at it tonight, my booking has been turned to confetti with cancelled flights and reroutings. The return to Hannover has been routed through both CDG and AMS without my intervention, but the outbound is totally scuppered.

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 29, 2020 at 2:57 pm Reason: new info
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My ticket is a total bouillabaisse. Have received about 30 notifications of cancellations and rebookings and cancellations again. And rebookings. Looks like I will have to go for a refund or voucher, in the hope that AFKL survive this crisis. I think we are totally stuffed for travel until Christmas at least. So much for trying to make use of the double XP promotion.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
AF will survive "whatever it takes". For the joint-venture with KLM, nobody knows

Regarding the double XP promo, I am not seeing them not extending it further in 2021, or at least lower the qualification requirements.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by IstKong
AF will survive "whatever it takes". For the joint-venture with KLM, nobody knows

Regarding the double XP promo, I am not seeing them not extending it further in 2021, or at least lower the qualification requirements.
In an ideal world they would do that. If 2020 gives us any reference point, they won't.
Instead, they will credit you on your birthday a number of XP equal to (half your XP on Jan 1st 2019) + (half your XP on Jan 1st, 2020) - (your XP renewal threshold / the number of years as a FB member) + (the sum of the last 4 digits of your FB Amex). This, of course, will only apply if your FB anniversary date is on Dec 31st. Otherwise, please consult Annex A.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I'm not sure why we are still obsessed with status (me included), because for most of us, travel will unfortunately remain very low for the next years.

So the perks won't be that useful.

Even if you can travel to one of the few open destinations : Fast track in empty airports ? Closed lounges ?

Maybe that's because we are still dreaming of the world before Covid-19...
fifty_two, PeteM01 and maalloc like this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree with this, use this double XPs thing now because it won't come back. It would make sense to lower requalification thresholds though. And I expect there'll be some offers to drive bookings, if this Corona thing starts to calm down.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I'm not sure why we are still obsessed with status (me included), because for most of us, travel will unfortunately remain very low for the next years.

So the perks won't be that useful.

Even if you can travel to one of the few open destinations : Fast track in empty airports ? Closed lounges ?

Maybe that's because we are still dreaming of the world before Covid-19...
The only reason I'm semi-obsessed is to remain platinum long enough to reach Platinum For Life.
Romanianflyer, Thysk and offvoice like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Exactly and for those who love flying and have enough time (no family, remoted jobs...) won't be that hard to keep the status with two crazy itineraries and some positioning flights even the lounges will be closed and there won't be enough fun on empty fast track because of people waiting 30 seconds longer then I do.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Exactly and for those who love flying and have enough time (no family, remoted jobs...) won't be that hard to keep the status with two crazy itineraries and some positioning flights even the lounges will be closed and there won't be enough fun on empty fast track because of people waiting 30 seconds longer then I do.
[IronyOn]Wait.. you’re saying you don’t fancy getting those 30 additional seconds fast track gives you? Might be on the wrong forum then 😂[IronyOff]

speaking of which, fast track at CDG 2E was closed both for PIF and PAF two days ago (late afternoon)
Thysk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.