Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Old Sep 8, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc View Post
Thanks offvoice.
Did you check whether LPI is still open 24/7?

For instance, FCO or MXP don't stay open overnight these days IIRC.
It doesn't, one would have to spend the night in town (there is a hotel about 20 min walk from the airport)
maalloc likes this.
Old Sep 8, 20, 9:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
There is a "mildly" interesting run available to Sweden (which is one of the few "fully open" countries to EU citizen), doable over a weekend, ex LHR - 180 XP, €3/XP. The timing makes it convenient for a connection to/from CDG in Y or J (€100, J can currently be had for €287 and 60XP, €4.78/XP):

That's great and really interesting, hadn't thought of Linköping. I'll see if I can get it to work from Italy, because I really don't want to come to the UK at the moment.
Old Sep 8, 20, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
That's great and really interesting, hadn't thought of Linköping. I'll see if I can get it to work from Italy, because I really don't want to come to the UK at the moment.
Obviously depends where you are based, but FLR, MXP & FCO are all available with double stop, same price (sub 600), same date
Old Sep 8, 20, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flyingblue - Platinum
Any updates on the Norwegian run via CDG and AMS? Anyone managed to book one of these lately?
How exactly do the quarantine requirements work? Can one just stay overnight and leave? Or stay in the airport? Is it even open? Not sure I wanna stay outside of TRF overnight during winter...
Old Sep 9, 20, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Digicola View Post
How exactly do the quarantine requirements work? Can one just stay overnight and leave? Or stay in the airport? Is it even open? Not sure I wanna stay outside of TRF overnight during winter...
All that the quarantine requires is that you stay at the same address, do not go out except for essential supplies and do not invite other people to your place during your stay in the UK, which can be as short as you want. If you stay just one day, you have to go to your hotel (or wherever you are staying) direct from the airport and back to the airport also direct. You may use public transport to/from the airport.
Old Sep 15, 20, 5:09 am

LIS-KRK (assuming you can enter Poland) is interesting and allow for same-day pre/post-run feeder flight.

:
Old Sep 15, 20, 6:45 am

I've been looking for deals to Torp or Linköping in November and I can't find anything at a reasonable price at all. I was using the Air France app, which is not brilliant. Don't fancy using an OTA at the moment.
Old Sep 15, 20, 6:53 am

I've been looking for deals to Torp or Linköping in November and I can't find anything at a reasonable price at all. I was using the Air France app, which is not brilliant. Don't fancy using an OTA at the moment.
I booked (and flew) LHR-CDG-AMS-LPI last weekend, with pre/post run in J as well (from CDG), and paid the LHR-LPI run €550. Somehow I can't find it back on Google Flight over two days, but did find it over 3 days (see below, though it doesn't allow to connect directly in LHR). If you ever do come across it, nice run: LPI is a super small airport, walkable from the City center (20-30 min), the run itself is a bit tough as you arrive at 22:30 and leave for the airport the following morning at around 4:30am. Bought the CDG-LHR leg in J as well, so a "mere" 240 XP in under 36 hours . On the flight I booked I had a 4:30 layover at AMS, so I actually had time to take the train to the city and have a quick tour and breakfast before heading back to the airport.

Old Sep 16, 20, 6:24 am

That looks really good. I just have a bit of an aversion to landing in England at the moment, but perhaps that's unfounded. Presumably you had no problems transiting back through England. Wonder if I could get a good price in Business from Switzerland or Italy (or even south Germany) to England, making it a double run with back to back flights. Suspect I have to select an airport Air France doesn't serve, like HUY or LBA.

There's a thought: we were discussing a run to (or from) HUY just before this Corona thing all started. I really will have to get busy and look at all this. Would prefer to book direct with Air France however and avoid OTAs.
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:38 am

I just have a bit of an aversion to landing in England at the moment, but perhaps that's unfounded. Presumably you had no problems transiting back through England.
Indeed, seamless airside transit, LHR actually makes it easy since it's not schengen at all. Don't know about other airports in the UK though.

Wonder if I could get a good price in Business from Switzerland or Italy (or even south Germany) to England, making it a double run with back to back flights. Suspect I have to select an airport Air France doesn't serve, like HUY or LBA.
From MXP there seems to be a lot of double stopovers available to LPI - budget is slightly higher though.
Or an example here to Leeds. But you have to be able to exit the airport. Back to back R/T are hard to get from Google Flights, and almost impossible from the airline's website.

Would prefer to book direct with Air France however and avoid OTAs.
If browsing Google Flight, you can book most runs directly with AF or KL.
Old Sep 16, 20, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Gold, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
anything interesting ex-CDG?
Old Sep 16, 20, 7:48 am

Unfortunately, there is almost never anything interesting ex-CDG. The closest to a "good deal", IMHO, would be the CDG-LHR in J at 285€ for 60XP
Old Sep 16, 20, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Gold, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
Unfortunately, there is almost never anything interesting ex-CDG. The closest to a "good deal", IMHO, would be the CDG-LHR in J at 285€ for 60XP
That's what I've seen as well, unfortunately.

Surprisingly, there is more ex-AMS which is KL's hub (go figure?).
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More pleb
Because only AF has the deep discount fare. So you will get AF connection flight discounts from AMS but you don't get deep discount KL from CDG
Old Sep 18, 20, 6:13 am

What about the Stuttgart to Tblisi AF run? That used to be quite interesting in terms of XPs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: