Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh dear, I hope there's not too many of you out there doing these runs at the moment. Weather is very likely to cause quite a bit of disruption.
yeah, that’s what messed up mine. AMS heavily impacted.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'll be interested to hear how things work out with the request for original routing credit. I got rebooked from AF onto LX a couple of weeks ago, but the whole experience ended up with me getting to where I was going one whole hour earlier. I didn't think to ask for original routing credit, because I got rebooked into a very high economy class bucket and earned quite a lot of miles with M&M for it. And I keep getting reminder emails from something called Air Help, exhorting me to claim EU261 for it. No way am I doing that!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I'll be interested to hear how things work out with the request for original routing credit. I got rebooked from AF onto LX a couple of weeks ago, but the whole experience ended up with me getting to where I was going one whole hour earlier. I didn't think to ask for original routing credit, because I got rebooked into a very high economy class bucket and earned quite a lot of miles with M&M for it. And I keep getting reminder emails from something called Air Help, exhorting me to claim EU261 for it. No way am I doing that!
being rerouted on another alliance allows to double dip. you can still request the original route credit and get miles for the segments actually flown in another program.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
AF/KL business class BRU/LUX to HKG - from 1240€ - routing via AMS/CDG possible for a few € more.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
being rerouted on another alliance allows to double dip. you can still request the original route credit and get miles for the segments actually flown in another program.
Indeed, absolutely worth requesting the FB miles. The miles already credited to M&M will remain - there is no way for them to retract those AFAIK.

I've had AF flights ATH-CDG-AMS rebooked on LH in full Y some time ago - resulting in getting a whole bunch of *A miles and also the original FB credit (After requesting it).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh that's amazing. So just a call or an email, as you wrote above? I actually have the original online boarding passes for the flight(s) that got cancelled (kept them as PDFs). Thanks f0zzyNUE !
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Oh that's amazing. So just a call or an email, as you wrote above? I actually have the original online boarding passes for the flight(s) that got cancelled (kept them as PDFs). Thanks f0zzyNUE !
Just call in to AF/KL and tell them that due to rerouting you did not receive the credit of XP/Miles of the original booking, they'll ask of which booking and they will probably not even have you send in those boarding passes because they should be able to see it in their system. Takes me literally a 1-minute call each time it happens.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whilst Scandinavia is peppered with destinations Air France doesn't actually fly to, unless codesharing through Amsterdam on KLM, the UK is another matter. The only two pure KLM (and therefore AF codeshare) destinations I can think of are Humberside and Bristol. Other places, such as Cardiff, have direct flights from CDG where AF put their code on a Flybe flight. Obviously, my interest is in transiting both CDG and AMS for the maximum XPs possible. Have I missed anywhere in the UK?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: KL Plat
Whilst Scandinavia is peppered with destinations Air France doesn't actually fly to, unless codesharing through Amsterdam on KLM, the UK is another matter. The only two pure KLM (and therefore AF codeshare) destinations I can think of are Humberside and Bristol. Other places, such as Cardiff, have direct flights from CDG where AF put their code on a Flybe flight. Obviously, my interest is in transiting both CDG and AMS for the maximum XPs possible. Have I missed anywhere in the UK?

NWI, LBA are KL only. Cardiff has both KL codeshares as well as Flybe and CWL-AMS-CDG-XXX is possible, e.g. GOT works as a destination (and the reverse).

Last edited by Solevita; Feb 26, 2020 at 6:04 am Reason: ABZ has AF
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had forgotten about LBA and NWI. So we can make the AF codeshare on KL list include:

BRS, HUY, LBA, NWI

It's going to be harder work making a ticket work from CWL, with that Flybe flight and its codeshare possibilities. Right now I am finding Cheapflights the best and easiest option for researching this. There seems to be loads of availablity in and out of HUY in the €530 range, on most dates I want. I'm just delaying a bit to see how the Corona thing develops. I'm looking at the summer in terms of dates, so hopefully Corona will have gone its way by then.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had forgotten about LBA and NWI. So we can make the AF codeshare on KL list include:

BRS, HUY, LBA, NWI

It's going to be harder work making a ticket work from CWL, with that Flybe flight and its codeshare possibilities. Right now I am finding Cheapflights the best and easiest option for researching this. There seems to be loads of availablity in and out of HUY in the €530 range, on most dates I want. I'm just delaying a bit to see how the Corona thing develops. I'm looking at the summer in terms of dates, so hopefully Corona will have gone its way by then.
You forgot MME.

It should also be noted that the xxx-ams-cdg-yyy AF fares also work from GLA even though GLA is served by AF too (I have not checked the other Scottish arirports). They are, however, a tad more expensive (around £100-ish more, IME)
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MME, Teesside...good one! I didn't know that airport was still in use. I think KLM must have covered every English airport except Blackpool, Carlisle and Exeter!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
MME, Teesside...good one! I didn't know that airport was still in use. I think KLM must have covered every English airport except Blackpool, Carlisle and Exeter!
Indeed, I was just about to say that EMA or DSA weren't covered, but I was wrong as it seems KLM uses Flybe codeshares. According to this article (might be a bit out of date) KLM covers almost double the number of UK cities as BA (which is not a surprise considering BA has all but forsaken service outside of LON)
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
>KLM covers almost double the number of UK cities as BA (which is not a surprise considering BA has all but forsaken service outside of LON)<
For BA, read "London Airways". The FlyerTalk glossary needs to be updated.
For example, KLM fly 3 x daily from LBA.
On most days, BA flies only 1 per day.
Go figure.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glennhaak
Just call in to AF/KL and tell them that due to rerouting you did not receive the credit of XP/Miles of the original booking, they'll ask of which booking and they will probably not even have you send in those boarding passes because they should be able to see it in their system. Takes me literally a 1-minute call each time it happens.
This was indeed a 1-minute phone call and I got my missing XPs credited, thanks very much!

Just to keep the excitement going, for those who are still interested in this, I am seeing MIL-CDG-AMS-LBA and back for €522 in the summer, which seems an excellent deal for XP. However, the flight arrives in LBA so late (22h) and leaves so early (06h) that you have to reckon with the extra cost of 2 hotel nights, which makes the Humberside deal better because you have the time to drive somewhere you need to be (if you don't need to be in Hull or Grimsby).

I am planning on two trips this summer, one, which will start in the UK, nested inside the other. The other obstacle I have reached, if making one trip to LBA and the other from HUY, is how to deal with one way car rental fees. Looking at the car rental outlets, they seem to charge a lot for one way rentals within the UK and they also have a mileage limit these days.
glennhaak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.