Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:56 am

I tried to book AMS-GRU Feb 28 to Mar 5 in business and I can't get the promotion code (RED20NL) to work;

The E-coupon entered is only valid for:

Journeys made between 19/02/2019 and 15/04/2019
Tickets bought between 06/02/2019 and 12/02/2019

Rules and restrictions of the promotion specified in the dedicated pag
I should make all the dates, it's all AItalia flights and the origin and destination should both be part of the promotion; -to bad, would have been a nice trip...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by MagnusS
I tried to book AMS-GRU Feb 28 to Mar 5 in business and I can't get the promotion code (RED20NL) to work;

I should make all the dates, it's all AItalia flights and the origin and destination should both be part of the promotion; -to bad, would have been a nice trip...
Try to book from here without changing language:
https://www.alitalia.com/nl_nl
​​
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:45 am

I actually did, but then I wanted the English message for the post

Kortingscode

De ingevoerde E-couponcode is alleen geldig voor:
  • Reizen die tussen 19/02/2019 en 15/04/2019 hebben plaatsgevonden
  • Tickets gekocht tussen 06/02/2019 en 12/02/2019
Kenmerken en beperkingen die in de aanbieding zijn opgenomen en die u op de speciale pagina kunt bekijken.
I have not tried a "clean browser" without any old cookies; before I did that, I was abit curious to see if there was anyone else that successfully used the promotion code (or RED20UK, RED20ES, ...)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Service is pretty basic (compacted to Aegean) and I see the same meals all the time.
These have been pretty much the only meal choices since Etihad left. Back then, the catering service was significantly better (see example below — Rome to Warsaw, 10:10AM departure) and I particularly enjoyed the brunch served on those flights departing mid-morning up to lunch time (again, example below):

These days I would normally go for the seafood special meal, which I find very tasty and way healthier than the lasagna or cheese ravioli (matter of taste needless to say, but I’m a distance runner and tend to be pretty careful in terms of what I eat).

Rome-Belgrade, 16:15 departure:

The issue with the special meals is that the [renownedly dreadful] Alitalia website will not give you the option to select one during/after booking and so you need to call and argue each time with a call-centre operator who seems to think that special meals are only offered on those services above 3 hours (this is true, but only applies to economy class).

G
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Feb 10, 2019 at 5:26 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well in my case I asked for the special meal at the transfer desk in Rome when I passed through on 4th February, for my next flight (VLC-FCO) on 8th February. Do you think I should give them any feedback about it, just a comment, not a complaint, so that they know?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well in my case I asked for the special meal at the transfer desk in Rome when I passed through on 4th February, for my next flight (VLC-FCO) on 8th February. Do you think I should give them any feedback about it, just a comment, not a complaint, so that they know?
I sent an e-mail to Freccia Alata's customer services [to complain about the dreadful service I get on the phone each time I'm requesting a special meal] back in October and received a response at the end of December to confirm that special meals are available (i.e. may be requested) on all flights when travelling business class (thanks very much ). In short, you can flag that up but it will be a pointless exercise with Alitalia.

G
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
duplicate

Last edited by LAURENTD; Feb 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm Reason: duplicate post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:48 pm

AMS-JNB

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
GRU gains 102XP total (36XP per long haul leg), JNB "only" 90 XP (30XP per long haul segment)

promo code is valid till Feb 12 23:59 CET, valid for flights till April 15
Thanks for sharing! Just booked a MR AMS-JNB departure April 6th with return April 7th with a full day in Johannesburg (planning to take a tour to visit Soweto) for 1162€ on Alitalia website with Dutch promo code (RED20DL). Who is joining? Best. L
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
again the promo code isn't working for me and only flex available on the 6th
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
again the promo code isn't working for me and only flex available on the 6th
I checked availability & price (excluding the disc) on google flight selecting Alitalia & business then I used the NL Alitalia site without changing language ( not too difficult with google translate). I have just checked no more availability for 6/7 April but still in March (15-17 for ex). All the best.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:19 pm

RED20BE also available now, but can't seem to find something interesting.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a data point about that Alitalia trip to Valencia, which I forgot to mention earlier. Coming back, when checking in at VLC airport, there was absolutely no fast track available for security. The boarding pass was rejected, which means neither Platinum status or class of travel counts. Valencia is not a crazy busy airport, especially at the late afternoon time of the Alitalia departure, but there are quite a lot of easyJet flights and other airlines too. So don't cut it too fine with check in.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Just a data point about that Alitalia trip to Valencia, which I forgot to mention earlier. Coming back, when checking in at VLC airport, there was absolutely no fast track available for security. The boarding pass was rejected, which means neither Platinum status or class of travel counts. Valencia is not a crazy busy airport, especially at the late afternoon time of the Alitalia departure, but there are quite a lot of easyJet flights and other airlines too. So don't cut it too fine with check in.
I am so confused. I've done the trip 3 times now and everytime there was a SkyPriority desk for check in and for security I used the fast lane. They just let me through if I show them my boarding pass and they see SkyPriority. Only at the gates I sometimes Cant get priority boarding but too many passengers pretend to have SkyPriority and they give up zending everyone to the back.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was total refusal, the guy scanned it twice and it beeped red. He sent me to the normal lane, but there was nobody in the normal lane and nobody in the priority lane. It seems so procedural and pointless. I could understand the status not meaning a thing at an outstation like VLC, but I was truly surprised that the business class BP wasn't accepted.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To get back to the point of this thread, namely mileage runs for Flying Blue, here's one that we should add to the list. JFK-YUL:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30755776-post22.html

It looks as if that JFK-YUL route could be interesting for FB members currently based on the East Coast USA or in Québec, Canada.
My only issue with it would be the hassle of immigration at either end, which I feel has become unpleasant enough in North America (yes, I am looking at you, Canada) to put me off going there for the time being other than for essential work purposes. But that's going into OT territory, not relevant for this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.