Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Grimbokk
I have noticed today that BSL - KRK flights with two stops are now all of a sudden 1200 each way (took the same flight last year for < 600e whereas the single stop versions are the same price as always.

Anyone else experiencing less availability of two stop intra Europe routes or crazy high costs?

Would be annoying for my requalification in the future as I had expected to be able to do perhaps one of those trips a year.
just checked NUE-KRK via CDG and AMS both ways - prices start at 502€ for the roundtrip.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:28 am

Things are definitely getting more expensive, I've been looking for some short runs from Cork as a family members illness has me lacking in XP to go from Silver to Gold. 300 or 400 euro to go anywhere with one connection, and the same for the return. It's gone a bit daft.

I could get a single to Toronto for about the same amount- is it really just demand or is it Schiphol? And transfers through Paris, my only other option, are at least 100euro more.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:47 am

Haven't booked yet but it will look something like this : https://www.google.com/travel/flight...tjQ5A4N6Zghxa7

7.5€ / XP i know it's not the best you can get but few summer days in RAK is still much more enjoyable than a night in the KRK Hilton ^^
atflyer, PeteM01 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by THE_Chris
Things are definitely getting more expensive, I've been looking for some short runs from Cork as a family members illness has me lacking in XP to go from Silver to Gold. 300 or 400 euro to go anywhere with one connection, and the same for the return. It's gone a bit daft.

I could get a single to Toronto for about the same amount- is it really just demand or is it Schiphol? And transfers through Paris, my only other option, are at least 100euro more.
Do a short run to toronto?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:45 pm

Its been silent…Any new runs 😊
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Wisegent
Its been silent…Any new runs 😊
Check the ST premium fares section, such as this one:
[SV/UX]SIN-LIS from 1050 EUR oneway
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue, LX Miles&More, TP Miles&Go, EK Skywards
GVA-CDG-AMS-KRK R/T from 534 EUR Business Class
90 XP
Saturday night stay to get this fare
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:11 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Is there a way to search for 2-stop Mileage Runs with the search criteria being dates, rather than with a single departure city? Google Flights allows the end city to be omitted from the search, but does not allow non-stop and 1-stops to be filtered out. I'm finding it time consuming to keep trying many different departure cities and adjusting the flight dates to find the cheapest tickets (in J class return with transfers in CDG and AMS). Likewise, using ITA Matrix and AF/KL websites. I'm sure I missing out when I search.

Although, there are many great posts in this thread, I never find the good fares that others are posting, so I must be missing at trick with searching. Being South-East England based (LGW is my nearest airport and LHR/SOU are a bit further away) is obviously stacked against me (rip-off Britian and all that) and can only travel when my work permits me time away (e.g. last/first fews days of May and June). At times it does feel like the good-value Miles/Points travel is a club which I'm excluded from.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by siw
Is there a way to search for 2-stop Mileage Runs with the search criteria being dates, rather than with a single departure city? Google Flights allows the end city to be omitted from the search, but does not allow non-stop and 1-stops to be filtered out. I'm finding it time consuming to keep trying many different departure cities and adjusting the flight dates to find the cheapest tickets (in J class return with transfers in CDG and AMS). Likewise, using ITA Matrix and AF/KL websites. I'm sure I missing out when I search.

Although, there are many great posts in this thread, I never find the good fares that others are posting, so I must be missing at trick with searching. Being South-East England based (LGW is my nearest airport and LHR/SOU are a bit further away) is obviously stacked against me (rip-off Britian and all that) and can only travel when my work permits me time away (e.g. last/first fews days of May and June). At times it does feel like the good-value Miles/Points travel is a club which I'm excluded from.
There are not many 2 stop options in the AF/KL european network. KRK, BLL, BGO and a few other Polish cities so you won't find much else. However from these cities you can get to almost all European destinations with two stops. The reason is that the routing rules for European business class tickets don't allow more than one transfer - only a few cities where AF or KL does not fly to (or did not fly in the past) will have the additional transfer in either AMS or CDG.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:40 am
siw

f0zzyNUE thanks for reply - it seems all very bleak. Is it best to search 'from' KRK, BGO etc. rather than 'to' KRK, BGO etc? Also, are these 2-stops (https://www.premiumcabindeals.com/20...nmark-145.html) no longer offered?

Comparing the AF and KL destinations in Europe and North Africa from Wikpedia (it might not be 100% accurate, but it's a start and some are sessional) and omitting the shared destinations (and those in France, Netherlands and the UK, the latter being my home country). Searching from/to anywhere else just brings up 1-stop tickets.

Old Apr 2, 2023, 3:44 am

for destinations only served by KL you have to restrict your google search to AF and destinations only served by AF you have to restrict google search to KL (however there might not be fares published on KL to cities served by AF and the other way around). most of the other destinations (other than KRK, BLL, BGO, TRF) will get two stop connections but way more expensive than 600 EUR. I would book a cheap Ryanair ticket to KRK or any other Polish city and start a trip from there - much easier and cheaper to get two stop connections.
siw and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=f0zzyNUE;35137090]for destinations only served by KL you have to restrict your google search to AF and destinations only served by AF you have to restrict google search to KL (however there might not be fares published on KL to cities served by AF and the other way around).{/quote]KL, for the most part, does not offer deeply discounted intra-EU business class tickets so the second part of this is usually a waste of time.
most of the other destinations (other than KRK, BLL, BGO, TRF) will get two stop connections but way more expensive than 600 EUR. I would book a cheap Ryanair ticket to KRK or any other Polish city and start a trip from there - much easier and cheaper to get two stop connections.
Rather than positioning to KRK on Ryanair, and unless your starting point is AMS or a French airport, you are usually better off pricing a two-stop AF return ticket from your city of origin to KRK in business class. Even if you can find KRK-AMS-CDG-XXX tickets which are marginally cheaper in AF business class than HHH-CDG-AMS-KRK (where HHH is you home city or another one nearby), the positioning costs involved by getting a FR positioning flight and possibly two extra hotel nights in KRK will often more than eat up any notional savings you might otherwise make on the price of the AF ticket itself.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: BA, KLM
£1400-£1500 NCL-KRK now, tried a lot of dates, and it looks like this is no longer an option. Saying that I shouldn't have delayed booking the flights last month for £420

Update - Searched google flights, they showed up for the "old price" of £440, the link took me to AF to make the booking for the same price, checked the site directly and the fares seem to have dropped down to the old price too, and not the £1500 they were this morning

Last edited by Dougy Giro; Apr 3, 2023 at 5:54 am
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
£1400-£1500 NCL-KRK now, tried a lot of dates, and it looks like this is no longer an option. Saying that I shouldn't have delayed booking the flights last month for £420

Update - Searched google flights, they showed up for the "old price" of £440, the link took me to AF to make the booking for the same price, checked the site directly and the fares seem to have dropped down to the old price too, and not the £1500 they were this morning
also check out prices to Oslo Torp / Sandefjord TRF - the transit in NCE looks appealing - a few hours at the Cote d Azur might cool as well.

Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:45 am
siw

When I search for LHR-TRF rtn on those days I cannot get that routing. It gives me a price >£800. Likewise, for NCL-KRK rtn. No dates gives me ~£400.

Is Google Flights targeting me with higher fares etc. since I'm based near LGW/LHR!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.