Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ThePickyFrequentFliar
Does anyone know if the Europe- Isarel route are considered medium segment or short?

Or anyother routing like CDG-TLV ? Where u can get XP points in above 2k miles
It's considered Long 1.
You can check yourself on this page https://www.flyingblue.de/en/programme
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
I asked KLM..they said O is a premium economy booking class. Wierd. Well doens't earn anything on any other then FlyingBlue anyway.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes I am very curious where this O class is coming from suddenly. I have noticed for the other ongoing fare from CH to Cuba Business fare, the booking class is in O class. Is this a new even lower than Z-class coming?

Cheers!
The new FB allows for award tickets to be booked from ANY revenue class. Therefore, it is incorrect to look at one fare class - such as "O" for business or "X" for economy - and make assumptions about what the mileage availability may be, and what level the flight would require in miles.

There is no longer a strict delineation between "cash buckets" and "miles buckets". As others have stated, "O" class a long time ago stopped being used exclusively for awards. Ditto for "X".

Forget the "old" way of doing things. If "O" is at 9, it doesn't necessarily mean that there are lots of business class award seats available (at the lowest rate). If "O" is at 0, it doesn't necessarily mean that no award seats are available.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Indeed, yesterday I was in the lounge and spoke with some of the ticketing desk ladies there and indeed, O can be award or fare-based ticket. It is lower than O. I was told that they will be able to identify if it is fare or award ticket, so miles will be awarded accordingly even for the different FF programs.

Cheers!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
But even if..that fare is about 450€ (including 130€ taxes) which would net someone with FB status 2000-2500 Miles for a trip which is at maximum (SVO-CDG-TLV) 3550 miles long. Thats like 70% earning. This revenue based earning is really really sad.
Before the change it was 250% (CDG.TLV) + status so 325% so around 10.000 miles.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Many
There are two O buckets: one for revenue tickets, one for award tickets from Skyteam and other partners allowing redemption on AF/KL.

Ox is then not enough information to know whether there are revenue tickets or Skyteam awards available. It could be only revenue, only award (albeit strange) or both.

Expertflyer (I am sure KVS also) can make the distinction between the two buckets.

Now if there is O availability as a Skyteam award, it does not mean the FB award will be cheap.

That is the black magic of dynamic (and totally non transparent) award scheme in place with FB since June.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by bodory
There are two O buckets: ....
The new subclasses hierarchy in Business Class from high to low will be : J-C-D-I-Z-O. (I-Z-O restricted class)

As of 10 October 2017 Air France introduce 7 new booking classes on its medium haul flights:

- 1 new class for Business: O
- 6 new classes for Economy: P F W S A G

The Air France and KLM medium haul offer in Economy will be fully aligned

Last edited by delanotre; Jul 7, 2018 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Indeed, yesterday I was in the lounge and spoke with some of the ticketing desk ladies there and indeed, O can be award or fare-based ticket. It is lower than O.
You mean lower than Z I guess.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
You mean lower than Z I guess.
yes, I do..sorry for the typo. This is according to the info from the agents. I believe that they mentioned that this fare is super restrictive and no change (even with $$) can be done. I believe with Z, it was still changeable with $$.

Cheers!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
yes, I do..sorry for the typo. This is according to the info from the agents. I believe that they mentioned that this fare is super restrictive and no change (even with $$) can be done. I believe with Z, it was still changeable with $$.

Cheers!
You may change everything in Z or O class but O is only available with one sunday included in the trip otherwise the lowest fare is Z.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, as I continue on my path to Platinum (really not sure if I'll make it there at this moment), I managed to score 4 more XP for my round trip flight on Aeroflot between Moscow SVO and Samara KUF. I was rejected lounge access at SVO because I was not connecting to an international flight. On the way back, they let me in at KUF, even though my onward connecting flight was with another airline (JP).

SVO did not provide a massively exciting airport experience and people were milling around everywhere, due to the World Cup. The one and a half hour flight to Samara was full of Colombia fans (I saw the Senegal v Colombia match myself in Samara stadium). It was a long haul A330, quite unusual for this route. The flight back was the usual A320, with the usual excellent SU inflight service. Everything was on time and perfectly pleasant, although the ground services of SU at SVO leave a lot to be desired.

In the Samara and Tolgliatti area, I swam in the Volga every day, even though the water was the colour of pure Kvas, the Russian soft drink. In Togliatti, I saw how they submerged the entire city of Stavropol in order to create the damn across the Volga. I suspect there were many of those rather nice but very old looking wooden buildings that can be found all over central Samara. In Samara, I visited Stalin's Bunker, a cold war bunker that was created for Stalin but never used, as well as the Kosmicheskaya space museum. I ate and drank far too much.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC

One of my favorite ones...99XP - 32000miles as a plat... Almost the same price as purchasing the miles with XPs and a very nice Indonesian trip offered while preserving your liver :-D
MXP-JED-CGK available as a one-way for 475€

Last edited by SteamyUncle; Jul 18, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle

One of my favorite ones...99XP - 32000miles as a plat... Almost the same price as purchasing the miles with XPs and a very nice Indonesian trip offered while preserving your liver :-D
Probably the best one indeed. Also available from FCO. My favorite way to come back in Asia from Europe.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:29 am

https://goo.gl/flights/hrhwG

For the adventures milage runner: IST-MED-RUH-KUL-JED-IST 😋
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle

Shouldn't you get 104XP for that routing? - 24XP MXP-JED, 30XP JED-CGK, 30XP CGK-JED, 24XP JED-MXP

And the mileage should be for a platinum:
MXP-JED - 2382 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 3573 + elite bonus 2382 = 5955 miles
JED-CGK - 4955 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 7493 + elite bonus 4955 = 12448 miles
CGK-JED - 4955 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 7493 + elite bonus 4955 = 12448 miles
JED-MXP - 2382 flown miles x 1,5 (biz bonus) = 3573 + elite bonus 2382 = 5955 miles

Total = 36806 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.