Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Have you noticed any incosistencies between google flights and redirecting to AF? I see a fare of the usual ~500 euro on google flights and but when re-directing on AF I see a price bump. Interestingly enough, OTAs price it same as google flights.
This happens when a given fare was recently sold out.
A bit annoying because it messes up the price chart, but there is nothing you can do about it.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Have you noticed any incosistencies between google flights and redirecting to AF? I see a fare of the usual ~500 euro on google flights and but when re-directing on AF I see a price bump. Interestingly enough, OTAs price it same as google flights.
On the flip side sometimes if you find a price through something like Skyscanner and redirect to the AF website it will ask you to reselect your cabin fare. By doing this it will sometimes reprice it to the magic 480€ and even 420€ fare.
kauppias likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
This happens when a given fare was recently sold out.
A bit annoying because it messes up the price chart, but there is nothing you can do about it.
I suspected that, however several OTAs still show the lower price and you can proceed with the booking. I am wondering what will happen if I proceed till the end...
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Yes , it happen often , especially on complex itineraries , and now it gets even more complex cause now AF has a sale channel dedicated for google (sorry i forgot the exact term for it) , so if you just click on booking options choose and select AF , you might see a price/itinerary that you wont get if you book directly from them
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by fifty_two
if you travel a lot it can be good idea , once you reach platinum essentially your "status year" dont change , so anything over 300xp is just a bonus for following year(s)

So as canadavid mentionned its just a way to get cheaper status and save money/time later
I always have a slight fear at the back of my mind that they might change this perk. That would make achieving Platinum a lot harder. The rollover idea didn't always exist at Flying Blue. I have noticed that major changes happen roughly every 10 years to FB, the last being in 2018. So I am hoping we will get to the end of 20s without too many major changes.
fifty_two and supersympa like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
I always have a slight fear at the back of my mind that they might change this perk. That would make achieving Platinum a lot harder. The rollover idea didn't always exist at Flying Blue. I have noticed that major changes happen roughly every 10 years to FB, the last being in 2018. So I am hoping we will get to the end of 20s without too many major changes.
In normal years the rollover can be a good incentive as when I reach the requalification threshold I tend to book other alliances after that to benefit the most. Now I can keep flying AF/KLM... However I hope they don't change this but I did factor that as a risk when doing my Silly Zeros Hero Run calculations 😄😁
I take my last booked KRK run this weekend then I am just 45 UXPs short so I have to figure out where I will fly to cross the threshold 🍻
fifty_two and 321 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
I'd be grateful for any criticism or suggestions for the XP-run below

I haven't yet booked it, and I'm not easily offended, so please speak freely!

Potential issues I envisage are:
- the angle flat seat (no choice due to such short notice)
- only a 4 hour window in GOT on the way back
- with 3 tickets my luggage won't get interlined, and I'll need to collect it after each set of flights

Thank you for any advice or comments

MAN>AMS>CDG>KRK depart 06:00 27/11 arrive 16:10 27/11 90XP
KRK>AMS>CDG>GOT depart 06:00 28/11 arrive 17:00 28/11 90XP
GOT>AMS>CDG>BKK depart 14:20 29/11 arrive 15:55 30/11 132XP

BKK>CDG>AMS>GOT depart 13:45 08/12 arrive 13:40 09/12 132XP
GOT>CDG>AMS>KRK depart 17:35 09/12 arrive 11:10 10/12 90XP
KRK>AMS>CDG>MAN depart 11:40 11/12 arrive 21:15 11/12 90XP

Hopefully giving 624XP for approximately EUR2150 i.e. EUR3.5/XP
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Booked the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN for €1100 in May next year. No double XP but still 164xp and 50,000 miles (rare for us European Revenue-based FFs). Landing at 9pm, departing 9am the next day. Can stay longer of course (I couldn't).

As others mentioned, was not able to book through AM, but ended up doing it via Amex Travel and the ticket was issued within the hour.

Solid deal for a not-too-bad hard product on AM.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
Originally Posted by kauppias
I take my last booked KRK run this weekend then I am just 45 UXPs short so I have to figure out where I will fly to cross the threshold 🍻
are you 45 uxp short of ULTI already?
Perkele! (sorry a bad finnish word)
you only started a few months back! well done.

KRK seems to be popular place to fly, I have decided to take a XP run to BGO instead, and with the family (wife and 15y son) this time so that they will enjoy GOLD for a 1year and half (august end of year for us).
I might be able to do a second one before year end.
but I will be 5-600 UXP short still...but I have 2022 to fly and may be get it if FB does not change the perks to reach it.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by supersympa
are you 45 uxp short of ULTI already?
Perkele! (sorry a bad finnish word)
you only started a few months back! well done.

KRK seems to be popular place to fly, I have decided to take a XP run to BGO instead, and with the family (wife and 15y son) this time so that they will enjoy GOLD for a 1year and half (august end of year for us).
I might be able to do a second one before year end.
but I will be 5-600 UXP short still...but I have 2022 to fly and may be get it if FB does not change the perks to reach it.
Yes after this weekend I will be at 1755UXP , I started in July from zero

I will try to find either a double Hop in Y or then just book a single hop in J or perhaps I'll mix it up.

Something else then KRK is the plan, but I don't know yet. Perhaps a longhaul Y could do, maybe a few days in BKK or DXB 😄👍
Stil likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:58 am

I will try to find either a double Hop in Y or then just book a single hop in J or perhaps I'll mix it up.

Something else then KRK is the plan, but I don't know yet. Perhaps a longhaul Y could do, maybe a few days in BKK or DXB 😄👍

Correction, I will be at 1754 UXP so I will be 46UXP short, so a little more then anticipated 😳😄😄😄
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by offvoice
Booked the BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN for €1100 in May next year. No double XP but still 164xp and 50,000 miles
if you manage to get these EU<->ATL/MEX<->South America at a good fare and booking class then you can collect lot of miles due to distances , so you got the deal , but you also need a lot of free time

i was supposed to do same as you but with EZE as final destination in Y but covid changed my plans

doing it via Amex Travel
good choice cause at least you might have a better CS in case of disruption before your journey starts , as you bought it from amex

I wouldnt recommend booking AM for a trip further than few weeks , cause they are notorious for messing up plans .... and even more for such a short stay , cause they only have 1 flight per day to AMS and GRU

Solid deal for a not-too-bad hard product on AM.
AM is a bit like the TK of ST , can be great when everything is fine , if you face good staff it will be awesome , but as soon as problems appear then its a nightmare
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:08 am

👍 I have been lurking a bit on your progress since I last commented and of course regurly checking if the name on KRK airport had changed to kauppias 😁

I'm going to open a bottle of my favorite micro brew when you reach 1800 and make a toast to Gretha's good health 😂
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Stil
👍 I have been lurking a bit on your progress since I last commented and of course regurly checking if the name on KRK airport had changed to kauppias 😁

I'm going to open a bottle of my favorite micro brew when you reach 1800 and make a toast to Gretha's good health 😂
I kind of want my 1800th UXP to be in J to make sure I can toast with Champagne but perhaps if I am very nice they can make that happen in Y too...

A nutty undertaking for sure, and one that was fun in the process. In the end not necessarily all worth it but as long as it was fun I suppose it's all good made a few folks chuckle if nothing else
321, Stil and NL101 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
I appreciate that I'm new with a low post count, so my posts need to be checked
- but does anyone know please if it's normal for a post to this thread to take 18+ hours to be moderated?
(I once had a post to another thread disappear for moderation but this was done within a few minutes)

The post isn't showing under "My Posts", and I haven't received any messages from a moderator

Thank you for any advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.