Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Mileage runs, or more accurately, segment runs. Anyone done this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage runs, or more accurately, segment runs. Anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by irishguy28
For many years, I took extra trips, moved as much flying as possible to Skyteam, or routed via CDG rather than going direct to/from AMS (in order to stretch an otherwise 2-segment trip into a 3- or 4-segement trip) to grind out the required 30 segments each year to maintain Gold. I no longer do this, and no longer even bother to qualify for Silver.
Exact same here. I used to do the odd segment run to keep Skyteam Elite Plus which was very useful for lounge access and preferred seating, particularly when travelling in the U.S. But then Flying Blue just got too silly so I gave it up, and haven't regretted it.

A five segment same-day Alitalia run (usually LHR-LIN-FCO-NAP-FCO-LHR) used to be pretty effective, or CityJet out of LCY.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
We did some of these about 8 or 9 years ago in the year when my husband was due to hit Lifetime Platinum but had just stopped flying for work. I don't think we'd bother now though.

We did a couple of BHX-AMS-CDG-FLR-MXP-CDG-BHX runs and my husband also did a few 4 segment runs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.