Search

Amex Share & Fly : how to proceed?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Amex Share & Fly : how to proceed?

Hello,

How can I transfer miles from my wife's account to my account in order to book and award? She is additional card holder on my FB Amex.

I called FB to be told that must be done online on the FB website but I cannot find the way.

Any clue?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
I'm not sure if it is the same for the French card, but the Dutch card clearly states that you have to call Flying Blue.

In the past it was possible to do it online, but I can't find this anymore.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Hoe kan ik mijn Miles overboeken?
Om uw Miles over te boeken kunt u contact opnemen met het FlyingBlue Service Centre op 0900 - 0400252.
SHARE & FLY- Comment dois-je procéder pour regrouper des Miles sur l’un des 2 comptes Flying Blue ?

Il suffit que le titulaire qui souhaite transférer ses Miles-Prime vers un autre compte Flying Blue appelle le service Clients Flying Blue.

Si toutefois vos deux cartes ne sont pas encore reliées dans les systčmes Flying Blue, il vous faut déclarer au préalable le numéro Flying Blue de votre proche, titulaire de la carte supplémentaire rattachée ŕ votre compte-carte American Express, auprčs de votre Service Clientčle American Express. Sous 1 semaine, vous pourrez alors effectuer votre transfert de Miles auprčs du Service Clients Flying Blue.

Ce service est disponible uniquement en contactant Flying Blue par téléphone.

Cet avantage ne concerne que les titulaires de Carte AIR FRANCE KLM-AMERICAN EXPRESS.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
It used to available online, but I believe that was in the test phase
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
Originally Posted by Gajan
It used to available online, but I believe that was in the test phase
It's offline. You have to call FB. :-(
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone

So I called Amex FR who activate the Share & Fly option. They said it will take up to 48 hours to be visible on the FB website. If not visible, FB should be called.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
When I try to log in on flyingblue.com it simply redirects me to KLM.

On the KLM website it used to be possible for me to do it online (It was an option in the member-menu). However since the new website layout has gone into effect this option has disappeared. I wouldn't get your hopes up, probably it will require you to call.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I used that a couple of days ago:
http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/flyi...ndfly/form.htm
It worked perfectly.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by bodory
Thanks everyone

So I called Amex FR who activate the Share & Fly option. They said it will take up to 48 hours to be visible on the FB website. If not visible, FB should be called.
When you call Amex, they can connect you to FB directly. Your wife has to be near you, because they will want to speak with her to confirm the transfer; then after less than half an hour you will see your account credited. You are not obliged to book anything. I just did it 15 days ago to my own account from my daughter's account otherwise she would have lost all miles after 20 months with no earning flight.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delanotre
When you call Amex, they can connect you to FB directly. Your wife has to be near you, because they will want to speak with her to confirm the transfer; then after less than half an hour you will see your account credited. You are not obliged to book anything. I just did it 15 days ago to my own account from my daughter's account otherwise she would have lost all miles after 20 months with no earning flight.
Actually I gave my wife's FB number to the Amex agent who sent the information to FB. He said it will take 24-48 hours to be reflected on her FB profile.

Interestingly, I already have the S&F option when logged on the KL website (thanks Oxymore for the link) but my wife hasn't (yet).
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Oxymore
It worked perfectly.
Thanks, where did you find that? This link is what I was using in the past - but I was not able to find it on the FB / KLM website any more.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks, where did you find that? This link is what I was using in the past - but I was not able to find it on the FB / KLM website any more.
I just googled it because I couldn't find it on AF's website.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Oxymore
It worked perfectly.
Thanks very much ^. I used the link last Saturday (dutch FB accounts): worked perfectly, miles transferred within minutes (both accounts updated), even though I got the message that it could take 24 hrs to process.

Last edited by ql2112; Aug 4, 2014 at 3:57 am Reason: added some more information
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Do you have to call Amex to activate Fly&Share? I tried the link, which does work, but i says "you can't transfer the miles to a non Amex holder".
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I called FB two weeks ago for the same problem. The took the online option off to prevent fraud.

The only way to use Share & Fly is to let the person who wants to transfer the miles call the FB desk and ask for it. They do check if the two FB numbers are linked with AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.