Amex Share & Fly : how to proceed?

Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I called FB two weeks ago for the same problem. The took the online option off to prevent fraud.

The only way to use Share & Fly is to let the person who wants to transfer the miles call the FB desk and ask for it. They do check if the two FB numbers are linked with AMEX.
Just called FB. The first thing to do is call Amex. FB could see the additional Amex cardholder but not the FB number.

BTW, Amex never asked for the FB number of the additional cardholder.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tgv2
Just called FB. The first thing to do is call Amex. FB could see the additional Amex cardholder but not the FB number.

BTW, Amex never asked for the FB number of the additional cardholder.
Yes, if AMEX doesn't know the FB number of the addition cardholders, they can't inform FB that the two are linked. So indeed then you need to call AMEX first.

It's just a matter of days before everything is linked. And miles transfer is almost instant.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Just reviving this thread to check if anyone else has recently been able to use the AMEX share&fly on FlyingBlue website.
I've just given it a try and I keep getting an "unknown error" message.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Mirk
Just reviving this thread to check if anyone else has recently been able to use the AMEX share&fly on FlyingBlue website.
I've just given it a try and I keep getting an "unknown error" message.
It's happening for a while now, my "solution" was to call the platline and have them do it.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Used it again three weeks ago. Transfer by FB agent over the phone is instant and you can choose the exact number of miles to be transferred.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by glennhaak
It's happening for a while now, my "solution" was to call the platline and have them do it.
Originally Posted by bodory
Used it again three weeks ago. Transfer by FB agent over the phone is instant and you can choose the exact number of miles to be transferred.

When you called, were the miles going in or out of your account? Just would like to know if it necessarily has to be the account holder from where the miles are being taken that needs to call.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
When you called, were the miles going in or out of your account? Just would like to know if it necessarily has to be the account holder from where the miles are being taken that needs to call.
My experience is that the amount holder from where the miles have to be transferred has to call.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Yeah it's been broken for a while, like many parts of the KLM and flying blue site... Endless loading of account pages, unable to change flights online.. It's been going on for weeks now
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

The agent asked me which account should the miles be deducted from. In the end I asked to transfer the miles from my wife's to my account though the opposite was totally feasible.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by bodory
The agent asked me which account should the miles be deducted from. In the end I asked to transfer the miles from my wife's to my account though the opposite was totally feasible.
Can I also transfer miles earned from other sources than the AmEx card through this arrangement?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Of course. All your FB miles are transferable whatever their origin.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:52 am

FYI: The online option for share&fly didn't work for me as of today (got the unknown error). When I called the USA number for flying blue support, they had literally no idea what I was talking about, despite me sharing the link and explaining as carefully as I could. I called the NL number and spoke with an english-speaking representative who still had no idea what I was talking about. I finally decided to call the NL number again and speak with a dutch-speaking representative; this person immediately knew what I was talking about and the transfer was done instantly.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by delita
FYI: The online option for share&fly didn't work for me as of today (got the unknown error). When I called the USA number for flying blue support, they had literally no idea what I was talking about, despite me sharing the link and explaining as carefully as I could. I called the NL number and spoke with an english-speaking representative who still had no idea what I was talking about. I finally decided to call the NL number again and speak with a dutch-speaking representative; this person immediately knew what I was talking about and the transfer was done instantly.
Does anyone gave any recent experience with online transferring? We already called AMEX and they 'connected' both FB numbers for share and fly.. But can't see the option to transfer them online, despite the fact I've seen this option a few months ago..?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
change your language to dutch and you will see the option
EvD86 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by westi2002
change your language to dutch and you will see the option
It is.. but nope...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.