Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB 161 miles missing for a booking - what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
FB 161 miles missing for a booking - what can I do?

Hi all,
I need a bit of help. I'm trying to make an award booking for which I need 31,250 miles. I have 31,089 available.
Is there anything I can do (sign up for something, beg customer service, etc.) to get the missing 161 miles?
I am Silver but haven't used KLM in the last year to be honest.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks

Edit: Of course, I can buy miles, but I need to buy 2,000 minimum and that's €50.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AndoniDK
Hi all,
I need a bit of help. I'm trying to make an award booking for which I need 31,250 miles. I have 31,089 available.
Is there anything I can do (sign up for something, beg customer service, etc.) to get the missing 161 miles?
I am Silver but haven't used KLM in the last year to be honest.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks

Edit: Of course, I can buy miles, but I need to buy 2,000 minimum and that's €50.
Do you have any forthcoming trip with AF or KL which you have already booked (paid ticket)? In the past, FB would be willing to give you an 'advance' of up to a few thousands miles when it was the case so I would just call them and ask them about that if you have such trips booked.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
If you're an Elite member, I heard FB might 'gift' you the miles temporarily, and you'd have a negative balance.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If you're an Elite member, I heard FB might 'gift' you the miles temporarily, and you'd have a negative balance.
Never happened to me
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cupart
Never happened to me
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17578040-post5.html
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
That is correct - they give you an advance. As FB Gold I automatically got an advance of about 900 miles a few months ago when I went to book an award flight online.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, they used to and I got it a couple of times when I was Gold/Plat. It used to be up to 10% or 15% (I don't remember) of the miles. Effectively, that implied a negative balance once the award miles were deducted. It's probably still efective, but unclear whether it applies to Silver.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates
E-rewards but it can be time consuming. Flying Blue Golf used to give 250 or 500 miles on sign up but I`m not sure now.

http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles...e-rewards.html
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:10 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Clubcarlson ?

http://www.clubcarlson.com

move a few gold points to get 200 miles
not sure but I think that even purchasing the points and moving them could cost less than 50 €.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, they used to and I got it a couple of times when I was Gold/Plat. It used to be up to 10% or 15% (I don't remember) of the miles. Effectively, that implied a negative balance once the award miles were deducted. It's probably still efective, but unclear whether it applies to Silver.
Got it in 2012, this month tried and got no help (about 4.000 miles missing for buying 120.000 reward)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.