Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AIR FRANCE and KLM invite you to join the Quality Observer Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AIR FRANCE and KLM invite you to join the Quality Observer Program

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Mirk
Suddenly, the reward of 500 miles for doing this became highly interesting. It now almost double the number of miles earned for a 4 segments round trip and I am platinum...

Even more so that the last one I did post twice hence getting 1000 miles compared to the 622 for the flights...
Good point well made.

I have recently turned down the invitations but I suspect take-up will be higher in future.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Suddenly, the reward of 500 miles for doing this became highly interesting. It now almost double the number of miles earned for a 4 segments round trip and I am platinum...
it’s hard to believe that you have earned only 250 miles as per the new scheme for a 4 segments round trip. It would mean that you have paid roughly €30 for this ticket (8 miles for 1€ before tax + YQ).
Old May 8, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak

it’s hard to believe that you have earned only 250 miles as per the new scheme for a 4 segments round trip. It would mean that you have paid roughly €30 for this ticket (8 miles for 1€ before tax + YQ).
Maybe I wasn't clear. I had a 4 segments round trip, I was offered 500 miles for doing the quality observer survey on one of the legs.
Total at the end of the trip: 622 miles from flying and 500 from the quality observer. (+ another 500 because of what I suspect is a glitch).

My point was that in this case, the bonus from the quality observer accounts for almost as much as the flying.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: KL Plat

Even more so that the last one I did post twice hence getting 1000 miles compared to the 622 for the flights...

You read it as I did, the subtle lack of 'd' makes 'double' the difference

The total miles earned for the trip has almost doubled, not that the 500 was twice the miles earned for the trip.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Maybe I wasn't clear. I had a 4 segments round trip, I was offered 500 miles for doing the quality observer survey on one of the legs.
Total at the end of the trip: 622 miles from flying and 500 from the quality observer. (+ another 500 because of what I suspect is a glitch).

My point was that in this case, the bonus from the quality observer accounts for almost as much as the flying.
OK. I know what you mean now. I just reported in the main thread about FB changes that I earned 258 miles for CDG-AMS in J, while before it would have been 1875...
So definitely, if you are a quality observer on such a flight, you earn twice as much miles with the survey than with the flight itself
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I've just received the following email from TNS NIPO, on behalf of AIR FRANCE and KLM:

Dear Mr. XXX,

With this email, we would like to express our appreciation for your Quality Observer Membership.
Your active and meaningful participation, as well as that of several other Quality Observer members, has recently contributed to the improvement of different products and services around the world, including: the Press application AF Play/KLM Media, *cleanliness and comfort in our Lounges*, the working of our on-board video system, but also the Quality Observer application.
The only great improvements in lounges was indeed the opening of the new 2G lounge and the one on 2E Hall L. Where was the improvement of the on-board video system, apart from the new systems put in place in BEST cabins?
We should probably complain more on retrofitting A380s/777s and the food of the KL lounges. Unfortunately most of my QO requests were on AF flights, recently.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:03 pm

I think you missed the actual goal of this email... :-) Let's read further:
​​​​​​
We would also like to inform you that we have updated our privacy policy. In order to ensure transparency, it explains how we handle your personal data, what your rights are and how you can contact us. To read our privacy policy, please click here.
It's a positive way to send their Privacy Policy update following GDPR (especially as they're a bit late), although it would be nice to know which examples they had in mind!
B0gdan and fifty_two like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BlueBiz, IHG Spire Amb & Biz Rewards, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Invited many times always refused. Downloading an app to do that sort of thing and for a measly reward is a complete no-no in my case.
+1
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I have just been selected to do free survey work for AFKL. Seems like they think 500 miles is worth reading a long email, downloading an app, learning to use the app, fill in registration information, do the survey along each step of the journey - and then probably have to file a complaint about not getting credited the 500 miles...

Edit: And, oh! I forgot. I am paying for the trip -- not them...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:11 pm

I never had troubles getting those 500 miles to credit, the 20% discount in their webshop is also quite nifty.
Whether or not it's worth your time is entirely up to you, the survey itself doesn't take more than 10 minutes all together.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I really only do this when I have a very long flight — I figured it helps the airline a bit. The miles aren't really a great compensation.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
OK. I know what you mean now. I just reported in the main thread about FB changes that I earned 258 miles for CDG-AMS in J, while before it would have been 1875...
So definitely, if you are a quality observer on such a flight, you earn twice as much miles with the survey than with the flight itself

Could we possibly go any lower? When I argued that the result of the reinvented FB was an unparalleled meager accrual of miles, a number of people jumped the gun retorting that it was not as bleak as it looked. It is in fact as bad as it looks. 258 miles for CDG to AMS in J is a joke, to the extent that the 500-mile compensation to fill out the QO survey now suddenly becomes appealing. Since this thread is about the QO program, let me add that I have always been advocating that in order to guarantee an unbiased evaluation, the compensation ought to be minimalist. Said differently, we do it because we are concerned PAXs and (naively) feel we can contribute to a better airline, not for a fat wad of miles. Today, my attitude has changed, as after five years in the QO program, filling out countless questionnaires, I see zero improvement. If anything, I see at best stagnation, and in some cases clear-cut deterioration, while competing airlines keep improving their fleet and services. At this stage, I am almost inclined to encourage anyone to gobble the 500-mile compensation, and fill out the survey as quickly as possible with random answers — it won't make much of a difference in the end.

Macaron54
B0gdan, Wil973 and PeteM01 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Dear Mr. Xandrios,

A while ago we have invited you on behalf of AIR FRANCE and KLM to participate in our Quality Observer Program to objectively observe and measure the conformity in our service.

We highly value your participation in this program, but have noticed that we have not received an observation from you in the last 12 months.
....I checked my statements and last time I received the 500 miles is February. Seems their computer can't count!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:50 am

I received an invitation to participate in yet another Quality Observer survey, but their iOS app does not seem to load anymore ('failed to connect'). Tried to re-install the app but it didn't help. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Originally Posted by aviationbuff
I received an invitation to participate in yet another Quality Observer survey, but their iOS app does not seem to load anymore ('failed to connect'). Tried to re-install the app but it didn't help. Does anyone else have the same problem?
yes had the same issue half an hour ago, it’s working now...
just out of interest, my email didn’t mention the usual 500 miles for participating, did yours mention it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.