Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority check in HAM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Sky Priority check in HAM

Check-in desk in HAM. Extremely long line for regular customers. Sky Priority counter almost empty (as normally in HAM), only one lady in front of me, in her late 20s. Agent checks her boarding pass and asks: "Are you Sky Priority?"

"No."

"You know that this counter is for business class and Flying Blue elite customers?"

"Oh, yes, I have that..." (Opens her purse very briefly.)

After that, they go on to discuss that her luggage will be checked through to the final destination and she is very surprised and says "This is nice that I don't have to get it in Amsterdam and recheck it."

When I get to the counter, I ask: "Now, was she Sky Priority or not?". The agent says: "Well, she showed some card that looked a bit silver in colour, but I am sure it was not a Flying Blue card."

Personally, I didn't mind so much as she only cause me two minutes of delay, but if I had been waiting in the very long economy line, I think I would have minded a lot... Not sure whether I would have done something different from the agent, though, if I had been in his position. If he had insisted, it probably would have cost me more time.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Well, I have encountered agents who purposely call over people from the Economy line instead of attending those in the SP lane first.

And if the agent had seen her BP, surely it must not have that hard to spot if she has SP or not.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The economy line moves fairly fast. The business desk has not been manned the last few times I've passed through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.