Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron95
did someone receive a post mailing about these changes ?
Nothing for me.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
did someone receive a post mailing about these changes ?
Sorry, I was unclear with mailbox, badly written : for me, it was a post mailing in a real letter, received today...
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:05 am
Suspended

new T&C available in French applicable Sept 1st 2013:

https://www.americanexpress.com/fr/c...11_09_2013.pdf

it only mentions the annual fee for gold increasing from 140 to 165 euros

nothing about the miles, it is probably a different document dedicated to the partnership
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinkcity
Sorry, I was unclear with mailbox, badly written : for me, it was a post mailing in a real letter, received today...

would it be too much to ask if you could share a picture or a scan so that everyone can benefit from an information that has not been officially released by American Express but only to your exclusive attention so far ?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
All,

Here is a link to the new T&Cs for the Dutch card, per 1 september 2013:

https://web.aexp-static.com/nl/conte...ssSept2013.pdf

Found here:
https://www.americanexpress.com/nl/c...ds_help_tandcs

The gold card will be EUR 170 in the Netherlands.
Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
confirmed

On french TA website:

04/07/2013
A partir du 1er septembre 2013, les avantages des cartes privées
AIR FRANCE KLM - AMERICAN EXPRESS évoluent.

- Chaque paiement de billets d´avion Air France et KLM réalisé avec la carte
AIR FRANCE KLM American Express Gold ou Platinum générera des Miles Statut sur le compte Flying Blue de l´adhérent.
- De plus, le bon de réduction de bienvenue de 50 € sera également valable sur les vols domestiques, en plus des vols internationaux. pour un montant minimum d´achat de 100 € HT.
- La cotisation annuelle de la carte AIR FRANCE KLM AMERICAN EXPRESS Gold passera ŕ 165 €, la premičre année de souscription restant gratuite.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by delanotre
Chaque paiement de billets d´avion Air France et KLM réalisé avec la carte
AIR FRANCE KLM American Express Gold ou Platinum générera des Miles Statut sur le compte Flying Blue de l´adhérent.
Hmmm... The appropriate wording would be "Any transaction done by Air France or KLM companies". I do not see how they could differentiate AFKL plane tickets from additional services or tickets issued by AFKL on other airlines using interline agreements.

Originally Posted by delanotre
La cotisation annuelle de la carte AIR FRANCE KLM AMERICAN EXPRESS Gold passera ŕ 165 €, la premičre année de souscription restant gratuite.
So no increase for the AFKL Platinum AMEX?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:21 pm
Suspended

only the Gold will have its fee increase

Silver and Plat remain at the same prices

new T&C for French cards here: https://www.americanexpress.com/fr/c...11_09_2013.pdf

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jul 4, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Further updates to co-branded Amex cards (NL and FR)

Ok, good news.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by olivedel
Hmmm... The appropriate wording would be "Any transaction done by Air France or KLM companies". I do not see how they could differentiate AFKL plane tickets from additional services or tickets issued by AFKL on other airlines using interline agreements.
I think that all transaction, regarding flights, with AF/KL should be concerned, as it is mentionned today (since 2012) on FB account "AF-KL-AMEX CARD AF-KL AIRLINE MILES "
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by olivedel

non-airlines services would be charged by third parties

these are hosted by AF-KLM websites but not managed by the them

it seems that for example, hotel reservations are managed by booking.com

anyway, it's easy to differenciate airline tickets from the rest: different codes in the GDS for each service
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
AMEX used to detail all AFKL transactions, including flight details, on my activity report. So they have the info. I doubt that they will make any distinction and will simply credit status miles for any ticket that is purchased on AF or KL stock. What will happen with HOP is an interesting question.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 1:07 am

non-airlines services would be charged by third parties

these are hosted by AF-KLM websites but not managed by the them

it seems that for example, hotel reservations are managed by booking.com
Or course, i was not talking about these but for Menus ŕ la carte, or baggage fees for example.

Originally Posted by brunos
AMEX used to detail all AFKL transactions, including flight details, on my activity report. So they have the info. I doubt that they will make any distinction and will simply credit status miles for any ticket that is purchased on AF or KL stock. What will happen with HOP is an interesting question.
I agree they have the info. But previous experience demonstrated that everything directly billed by AFKL benefited from the additional multiplier.
For HOP, I guess it will depend from where you bought the ticket (AFKL or HOP! directly). My experience is that any HOP! Itinerary bought in AF website is billed as a regular AF transaction with a 057 ticket.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
The transaction message is somehow parsed and interpreted by Amex, however this is not limited to AFKL. I have had OTA's do the same thing, and in case of KLM issued flights, they would also contain the 074 ticket number.

The interesting thing is that the merchant does not fully control the description. Amex used to have a very outdated translation for "ATH", and regardless of who the payment was made to...they would all contain that wrong info on the statement.

Therefore I suspect that airlines actually charge the card with a description like "KL1234,KL5678;XAN MR DRIOS;074123456789". Amex then parses that info and makes it into a readable (and formatted) description.

More on topic though in my experiences any transactions made by AFKL count. Even buying gift cards does.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
only the Gold will have its fee increase

Silver and Plat remain at the same prices

new T&C for French cards here: https://www.americanexpress.com/fr/c...11_09_2013.pdf
Not so. Platinum has gone up EUR300 as well and now costs EUR 600 (approx USD790).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.