Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile

Received this today (I have the French AFKLFB Gold Amex) :
De nouvelles opportunités de gagner encore plus de Miles sur vos achats de billets d’avion. Transavia et La Collection Air France rejoignent les partenaires existants de votre Carte (AIR FRANCE, KLM et Hertz) qui vous permettent de cumuler encore plus de Miles 10 € dépensés = 15 Miles.
Profitez également du paiement en 3 fois sans fraisen réservant votre billet d'avion AIR FRANCE, KLM, Transavia ou votre séjour La Collection Air France.
Transavia and La Collection Air France have now the same earning scheme as for AFKL/Hertz purchases and you can also pay in 3 times for those purchases.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The Dutch (regular) platinum card is now on 'sale' for 50% for the first year. With Priority pass and Privium (+lounge in AMS) not a bad deal at all.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Hello, I have the french FB Amex Gold card. The first free year is over soon and I am thinking of uprading tp Platinum card. Do I stll get all the benefits (welcome points and XPs) as if I ordered a new card?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Travelshootaz
Hello, I have the french FB Amex Gold card. The first free year is over soon and I am thinking of uprading tp Platinum card. Do I stll get all the benefits (welcome points and XPs) as if I ordered a new card?
In The Netherlands they have upgrade bonuses, but better to wait until you're annual xp's have posted so you can get more XP
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
The Dutch (regular) platinum card is now on 'sale' for 50% for the first year. With Priority pass and Privium (+lounge in AMS) not a bad deal at all.
Indeed. And they even try hard to convince people to dump their FB AMEX card in favor of the regular platinum one... (as happened to me in AMS the other day)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Indeed. And they even try hard to convince people to dump their FB AMEX card in favor of the regular platinum one... (as happened to me in AMS the other day)
with the current promo does it make sense to ditch the FB Amex gold for the normal Amex Gold or Platinum? To be very honest I haven't been very happy with the FB AMEX gold but at the time looked like the best option for me given the lack of good card options in The Netherlands.. Considering changing to the regular one although Hilton points devaluated lately, or Bijenkorf card which even though I don't shop there much seems to make some sense because of the low yearly fee.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak
In The Netherlands they have upgrade bonuses, but better to wait until you're annual xp's have posted so you can get more XP
But I will have to pay the annual fee of 165€ then. And if I cancel one week later, do you really think they let me keep the XPs? You think that works?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
But I will have to pay the annual fee of 165€ then. And if I cancel one week later, do you really think they let me keep the XPs? You think that works?
Yes in The Netherlands this works. And you will receive a refund of the annual fee pro-rata.

I've done it myself last year, august paid the fee, received 30XP, called in week later for upgrade, received 22K FB miles upgrade bonus + 60XP.
Travelshootaz likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:31 am

Ok then. Thanks. At least it is worth the try...
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA, KLM
Originally Posted by glennhaak
Yes in The Netherlands this works. And you will receive a refund of the annual fee pro-rata.

I've done it myself last year, august paid the fee, received 30XP, called in week later for upgrade, received 22K FB miles upgrade bonus + 60XP.
Hi - is it in the T&Cs that you can upgrade from Gold to Platinum, and will receive the 60XP for an upgrade, or did you just get lucky?

When you call for an upgrade, is there an option to speak in English, as not everyone who "lives" in the Netherlands will speak Dutch of course
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
Hi - is it in the T&Cs that you can upgrade from Gold to Platinum, and will receive the 60XP for an upgrade, or did you just get lucky?

When you call for an upgrade, is there an option to speak in English, as not everyone who "lives" in the Netherlands will speak Dutch of course
I'm not sure about whether it is in T&C's, but me and another group of FF's do this on a regular basis, downgrading, upgrading for XP's etc. and it always works.

Yes there is an option to speak English on the phone. I believe it's the second option (press #2 ).
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
Yes Amex NL CS have very good level of English which is often a challenge when calling other call centers where the call might be routed overseas....
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Same happened to me when I was at Schiphol.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman

Same happened to me too when i was at Amsterdam Airport.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by emviflyer
Same happened to me too when i was at Amsterdam Airport.
I currently have the FB Platinum card but after looking at what the regular Amex Plat offers I would be happy to switch. Is it a problem that I've only had the FB Platinum card for 6 months?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.