Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
No I have always found it confusing. What do I care what was transferred last month?
The French one is different but not any better.

what i don’t understand is if you have a Platinum card why are you accumulating only 1 mile per euro?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I have recently (and not for the first time!) had contact with Amex about this. If you look at statements prior to the changes you will see that what used to be "Miles for KL/AF" and "Miles for Hertz" have all become "overige uitgaven" (other expenses for our non-Dutch friends). And the 1Eur=1 mile error also crept in then.

They assure me that the calculations are correct (i.e.1=1,5) and as far as I can check it's just a formatting error. It is very frustrating that the monthly total for expenses is not the same monthly total for miles (see the 2 day note at the bottom). This makes it a huge chore to try and calculate totals.

Bonus miles can be a number of things. It is normally zero but could be expenses in a promotion which attract a bonus. Or did you get a deal with Amex for extra miles for example?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
and that’s not the only weird thing on their statements. Not sure in NL but in France the extended payment page is not intuitive at all.
Very poorly organized and not clear.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
and that’s not the only weird thing on their statements. Not sure in NL but in France the extended payment page is not intuitive at all.
Very poorly organized and not clear.
Agreed. I have always found those statements very confusing.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by newflyer27
anyone noticing a delay in receving miles from FB amex ? i ususually receive them by the 27th, a friend of mine who usually receives them by the 25 th is still waiting too.
Same here, still waiting for my miles from May.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:49 am

Hi everyone
miles have been posted date 5 June!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:30 am

Yes :-) me too!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
No more credit card surcharge at KLM for paying with FB Amex in the Netherlands��. Source in dutch insideflyer.nl
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Carel1
No more credit card surcharge at KLM for paying with FB Amex in the Netherlands��. Source in dutch insideflyer.nl
Excellent news! It took long enough but let's be thankful they got there in the end. I doubt if they will be giving any refunds though.

Thanks for the info Carel!
Carel1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:43 am

Is it just me or are there barely any offers. I have moved from the UK where I had an Gold/Platinum and also the BAPP Card and there were regularly loads of offers for either extra points or money off. Now that I have moved to France I have the AF/KLM Gold but the maximum amount of offers are limited to just 3! Also they tend to be useless. Is this the case with everyone else?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by ManuG14
Is it just me or are there barely any offers. I have moved from the UK where I had an Gold/Platinum and also the BAPP Card and there were regularly loads of offers for either extra points or money off. Now that I have moved to France I have the AF/KLM Gold but the maximum amount of offers are limited to just 3! Also they tend to be useless. Is this the case with everyone else?
Are you talking about Amex offers or Flying Blue offers? Just to be sure, as it seems a little off-topic to the thread ...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If we look at the US, UK, France and the NL, they are in that order in terms of offers and promos. With the US being vastly more generous than any other country. If you get the AF Platinum card then there are more offers, but they are mainly for Parisiens. Not much for the rest of the country.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
If we look at the US, UK, France and the NL, they are in that order in terms of offers and promos. With the US being vastly more generous than any other country. If you get the AF Platinum card then there are more offers, but they are mainly for Parisiens. Not much for the rest of the country.
Ok so it is not just my card, I know they do targeting with some offers so just wanted to make sure!

I live in the South so it doesn't look like it will improve in the future.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Ok so it is not just my card, I know they do targeting with some offers so just wanted to make sure!

I live in the South so it doesn't look like it will improve in the future.
i have the same problem, i used to receive quite a few offers and see some on the website but since January i get nothing, the only offer i got is one for hilton hotels. a friend of mine with Gold card too, keeps getting offers to gain more miles or also getting money back from spending in some specific shops. i get nothing although i do 3 times more spending than he does. I have called Amex more than 10 times to complain but no luck as i always get an agent saying we are working on that... i kind of abandoned.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Angry replacement cards

AMEX FLYING BLUE (KLM) Platinum

A kind warning regarding lost or stolen cards for which AMEX states on their website, that when needed replacement cards often can be arranged within 24 hours.
AMEX did not make any effort to fulfill this promise and their alternative was not acceptable. As a result we had to arrange for alternative funds just before departure on a long (haul) trip.

QUOTE (from the Amex website: https://www.americanexpress.com/nl/c...-diefstal.html).
Kan ik een vervangende noodkaart aanvragen?
Ja, wij proberen in geval van nood zo snel mogelijk een vervangende (nood)kaart voor u te regelen. Vaak lukt dat binnen 24 uur, waar u ook bent ter wereld. Mocht het langer duren, dan zorgen wij voor een passende noodoplossing, zodat u uw noodzakelijke uitgaven zo goed mogelijk kunt blijven doen.
UNQUOTE

Our recent experience is not that good. Upon reporting a lost card, the agent forgot to arrange for a new card. When reminded a week later, they were not willing to expedite matters and when I reminded them the next day about the promise on the website they apologised, but were unable to help, (which I understand).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.