Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Flying Blue Account Mileage Posting Trouble for AMEX, others?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I noticed that my Flying Blue AMEX card award miles haven't been transferred to my account yet this month, nor for my wife for her card. They usually get posted on the day that the AMEX payment goes through, which was about a week ago.

I called AMEX earlier on, and they confirmed that they've had trouble posting anyone's award miles this month, and it got me wondering about other non-flight activities.

I know (from the Avis Accumulator is back thread) that some Avis customers are not seeing their non-flying miles posted, and I have also not had some miles posted yet from a hotel stay in early May.

Is this a known problem, or am I just being impatient? I don't remember having had too much trouble in the past to get my miles posted for non-flight activities, but lately (the last couple of months) it's been pretty much everything.

Cheers!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Please, do yourself a favour. Cancel your Flying Blue Amex, and instead collect Amex MR points which you can convert into any of several other, better, frequent flyer programs.

(Even if you later need to top up your FB balance, you can do so with MR points. But you can do far better if your credit card spending goes to a generous programme).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by vanderlow
Hi All,

I noticed that my Flying Blue AMEX card award miles haven't been transferred to my account yet this month, nor for my wife for her card. They usually get posted on the day that the AMEX payment goes through, which was about a week ago.
I have the same problem. I signed up for the card to prevent my miles from expiring (they're due to expire on june 30rd) and I really hop they'll fix it at the time of the next payment.

I called them and they said they have escalated the issue to FB.

End of the suspense in a couple of days... !
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Please, do yourself a favour. Cancel your Flying Blue Amex, and instead collect Amex MR points which you can convert into any of several other, better, frequent flyer programs.

(Even if you later need to top up your FB balance, you can do so with MR points. But you can do far better if your credit card spending goes to a generous programme).
i guess that OP is a French member

therefore, there is no other alternative to this card

indeed, there is no other co-branded FFP credit card in France

and the regular Amex (with MR) is absolutely not interesting in France

Amex does give huge incentives (ie MR bonus points for registering), not in France

even if the Amex Air France card is not the best, it still has some benefits

better that than nothing

no worries, Amex in France sometimes has technical issues (at least once or twice a year)
points that have not been posted will be sooner or later, usually on the next period

if you don't notice any regularization next month, just call them
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

I know what you mean, irishguy, and I agree that the card isn't the best value in terms of points earning potential, but the main reason I have it is for the qualifying flights to get me up to Silver level each year.

I don't travel for work much, so the majority of my travel is for pleasure, and those trips are generally short hops around Europe to visit family, which don't earn very many level miles. I am usually just shy of the 15 flights I need to qualify for Silver each year (without the help of the card).

I have simple needs - and hassle-free transit through an airport with SkyPriority is (generally) all I need to keep me happy :-)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My points got there fine in the FB account.

Had this problem 1,5 years ago, there was a bug in the system took them 5 months to fix it. In the end got 3 months of double points on my spending to compromis.

As far as the negative feeling about the cards goes, is that I keep reading this that people say to chance to the Green Card. If you don't spend most your money abroad, then we still get only 1 point per € and to chance MR points to FB is 5:4...

I do say I also have the card for bumping me to Silver, since the priority que is one of my reasons to use the card. Also I have made a lot of people AMEX member, so thats lucrative as well.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:00 am
Original Poster

My points were posted yesterday. Shame - as I was suddenly hopeful of some bonus miles for my trouble!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by macaron95
indeed, there is no other co-branded FFP credit card in France

and the regular Amex (with MR) is absolutely not interesting in France
I wasn't talking about co-branded credit cards, though they do indeed tend to be more generous with the mileage earning than when you go the Amex MR route.

However, Amex MR is more "interesting" because it at least gives you the flexibility to hang on to those points and use them in any of multiple partners (and not just in Flying Blue) at any time in the future. You don't have to commit to one company or one FFP as is the case with the FB card, and you can transfer only those points that you need at any time when you want to make a redemption into any of the various partners available. And you can sometimes benefit from bonuses on MR transfers into certain programs.

I know that the Amex FB card comes with certain privileges - such as keeping miles alive regardless of the 20 month rule, and giving you a few level segments each year - but if the level segments are used to only achieve silver level, and you're not travelling on Skyteam once every 20 months, then I really wonder if you're travelling often enough to "benefit" from SkyPriority, for instance, or why you should remain "loyal" to the FB Amex card.

I was a captive to the Amex FB card in the start, but soon learned it wasn't in my best interest to have my credit card spending tied up into just one devalued (and still devaluing!) program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.