FB launches Mr Miles Game

Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold

Just had an email from FB inviting me to join a FB Game called Mr Miles. Not had the chance to fully study it yet but it looks like it is competition based and is different to the KLM game which launches next week.

See: mrmiles.flyingblue.com
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Their suggestion that the hue of the Golden Gate Bridge is best appreciated from beneath, preferably while doing the backstroke, is both preposterous, and almost certainly fatal!!!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:55 am

Where can you get hints? Or is it just a "Trial and Error" Game?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Kölner
Where can you get hints? Or is it just a "Trial and Error" Game?
We are supposed to get some hints at MrMiles' Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/flyingbluemrm
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how many people who go to the bother of joining FB in order to enter this contest, and then win one of the smaller mileage amounts, will swear off the FB airlines for life when they discover that they will still need to fly something like 90-odd shorthaul sectors before they can redeem a single one way shorthaul ticket for "free".

I can't help but think that the person/people employed to tweet as Mr Miles would be better utilised sorting out the mileage-earning mess for Flying Blue partners, for instance. Or dealing full-time with customer queries!!!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I wonder how many people who go to the bother of joining FB in order to enter this contest, and then win one of the smaller mileage amounts, will swear off the FB airlines for life when they discover that they will still need to fly something like 90-odd shorthaul sectors before they can redeem a single one way shorthaul ticket for "free".

I can't help but think that the person/people employed to tweet as Mr Miles would be better utilised sorting out the mileage-earning mess for Flying Blue partners, for instance. Or dealing full-time with customer queries!!!
+1000
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

+1. What a complete waste of space...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:10 pm
Suspended

this game is just a scam to enrich the database with email addresses and facebook accounts
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:22 pm

And, of course, you get extra chances when you invite friends via Facebook or email.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President

^

Ulxima
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
On my third attempt, I got 500 miles!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Saturne-79
On my third attempt, I got 500 miles!
Care to give us a hint?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I am a bit confused. Is Mr Miles changing his location several times a day or just once? Because based on the latest hint on twitter (grizzli & salmon fishing) I founf the location on the map that fitted the description, but he wan't there ... nor on three other places...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I dont get it either. The hint is:

Salmon fishing takes on a completely different dimension when you do it with a grizzly.

However in canada, where it has a Grizzly fishing for salmon, is not correct. Weird..
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The clues are misleading (if at all accurate). My guess is that this is a pure lottery and you are wasting your time even looking at Twitter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.