FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Compensation voucher for IFE not working (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1472570-compensation-voucher-ife-not-working.html)

piyush Jun 3, 2013 5:33 am

Compensation voucher for IFE not working

I received a compensation voucher from AF on a recent flight since the IFE did not work for the duration of the flight. I was in J.

I chose 15,000 Delta sky miles as my compensation and have to mail in a part of the voucher to Atlanta. AF retained the other part.

Are these vouchers transferrable?

I filled in my details (name & SkyMiles number) on the part of the voucher that AF has. I also filled out my name on one side of part of the voucher that I have. The other side of the voucher has space to fill in the name and SkyMiles or Flying Blue number.

I have not filled out my SkyMiles number any where on the part of the voucher that I have.

Thank you!

irishguy28 Jun 3, 2013 6:02 am

Not directly equivalent to this case, as the KLM/Flying Blue equivalent doesn't involve filling out details on one part that is retained by the airline, but I have successfully claimed the miles on similar vouchers without a problem.

Unless it is written somewhere on the voucher that you have that it is not transferable, then anyone else should be able to redeem those SkyPesos.

(Given that it's actually a Delta voucher, you should really have asked over in the Delta forum).

piyush Jun 6, 2013 5:17 am

Thanks!

The voucher is an AF voucher. It gives me an option to either enter my skymiles number or FB number.

It does not mention anywhere on the voucher that it is not transferable. I will e-mail them in any case to make sure.

Oxymore Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

A quick question: I flew in J (award ticket) a few days ago from the US East coast, and the IFE was not working for the whole aircraft. They even made an announcement about it in the lounge before boarding.
However, no compensation was offered on the spot, and the cabin crew didn't sound very apologetic when doing the PA on board.
I contacted the customer service, and was offered 8,000 miles. I am FB Plat. Do you think this is a fair compensation? Looking at this thread, it seems that the OP was compensated on the spot with his choice of 15,000 FB miles or Skymiles.

Goldorak Sep 26, 2013 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Oxymore (Post 21505583)
A quick question: I flew in J (award ticket) a few days ago from the US East coast, and the IFE was not working for the whole aircraft. They even made an announcement about it in the lounge before boarding.
However, no compensation was offered on the spot, and the cabin crew didn't sound very apologetic when doing the PA on board.
I contacted the customer service, and was offered 8,000 miles. I am FB Plat. Do you think this is a fair compensation? Looking at this thread, it seems that the OP was compensated on the spot with his choice of 15,000 FB miles or Skymiles.

Sincerely, this is a minor inconvenient and 8000 miles is fair for me. But that's just my humble opinion.

tigertanaka Sep 26, 2013 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Oxymore (Post 21505583)

The headphone socket on the IFE was broken on my ATL-MAN flight last month and the crrew could not fix it as something was jammed inside. A bit late for me to complain now but I guess its good to know that Delta offer something.

ajs123 Sep 26, 2013 4:28 am

Originally Posted by tigertanaka (Post 21507362)
The headphone socket on the IFE was broken on my ATL-MAN flight last month and the crrew could not fix it as something was jammed inside. A bit late for me to complain now but I guess its good to know that Delta offer something.

For the same thing on a DL flight I got 5k miles from Flying Blue. There was no other seat in the whole aircraft that I could be reseated. 8k in J seems acceptable, but I would expect at least 10k. After all the number of miles needed for an award ticket has risen a lot lately...

Oxymore Sep 26, 2013 5:43 am

Thanks for your input. I feel that 8k is reasonable, yet a little disappointing for J class - but maybe not really worth insisting. But as you say, the number of miles needed for an award has risen a lot... Strangely enough, the inflation doesn't seem to affect customer service goodwill miles. ;)

irishguy28 Sep 26, 2013 6:23 am

Why should it? Their goodwill towards customers certainly hasn't been keeping track with inflation. :)

Henry III Sep 26, 2013 5:41 pm

I was on a KE flight a few years back and my IFE wasn't working. For compensation, they offered me some magazines to read! (However, I was only in Y.)

-- H