Platinum for Life

Old Jul 18, 13, 9:20 am
  #91  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 11,749
The link you posted seems to have been removed.

I am trying to understand your situation. Apparently you dropped to FB Gold when FP was removed (probably due to not-enough flying in 2004). Is that the reason?
brunos is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 9:44 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
The link you posted seems to have been removed.

I am trying to understand your situation. Apparently you dropped to FB Gold when FP was removed (probably due to not-enough flying in 2004). Is that the reason?
The link is always good

No, in 2003 I was FP red, as in 2004 and until june 2005.
FB (mixing AF and KL program) begin in june 2005
In june 2005 FP red become FB gold so I was FB gold until november when I become Platinum

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1904/kxo8.png

Last edited by delanotre; Jul 18, 13 at 9:49 am Reason: image
delanotre is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 9:46 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
The link is always good

No, in 2003 I was FP red, as in 2004 and until june 2005.
FB (mixing AF and KL program) begin in june 2005
In june 2005 FP red become FB gold so I was FB gold until november when I become Platinum
I am also trying to understand (in order to help) : was 2003 your first year as a FP Rouge?
bodory is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 9:52 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
I am also trying to understand (in order to help) : was 2003 your first year as a FP Rouge?
Yes, in november.
delanotre is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 10:08 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Yes, in november.
Thanks. If I sum-up my understanding :
- you first qualified to Rouge (top level) in 2003, valid until end of March 2005
- in 2004, you re-qualified for Rouge, valid until end of March 2006 ; at that time you did not know that your 2004 earning would not be enough to give you a Platinum card in June 2005
- in June 2005, you received a Gold card, corresponding to your 2004 earning
- Later in 2005 (that is the important point), you reached the 70/90k thresold to qualify for Platinum (top level), valid until March 2007
- you requalified for Platinum in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, valid until March 2014.

So, you qualified 10 times in a row to top level and are perfectly entitled to Platinum for Life, regardless of your 2013 earning. Nevertheless, you will be informed about your new status by the letter accompanying your new card in March 2014.
bodory is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 10:18 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,717
That is the number of qualifications that is to be taken into account. Your case is less questionable than the following one :
- hitting the 70/90k threshold in 2004
- being given a Rouge card in March 2005, then a Platinum one in June 2005
- not reaching the 70/90k thresold in 2005
- reaching the 70/90k thresold between 1st of January and 31st of March 2006
- requalified since ever

Technically, that one did not qualify 10 times in a row but did practically hold a valid status for 10 years. That is tricky but I am pretty sure the case exists.

Try to explain that to a FB agent...

And yes, one can imagine some more complicated cases, involving both FP and FD
bodory is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 10:52 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
...So, you qualified 10 times in a row to top level and are perfectly entitled to Platinum for Life, regardless of your 2013 earning. Nevertheless, you will be informed about your new status by the letter accompanying your new card in March 2014.
Yes, that's exactly my situation. Nevertheless 2 on 3 FB's desk told me that I need 2 more years and that the (new) website is right ( Platinum Since 30-11-2005
Congratulations, you just need to maintain your Platinum level 2 more years to become Platinum for Life member. )
And last 2 years (old) website decrements from 2 to 0, in april 2013...
(if you maintain your status 0 year(s), you will ...)
delanotre is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 10:58 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Yes, that's exactly my situation. Nevertheless 2 on 3 FB's desk told me that I need 2 more years and that the (new) website is right ( Platinum Since 30-11-2005
Congratulations, you just need to maintain your Platinum level 2 more years to become Platinum for Life member. )
And last 2 years (old) website decrements from 2 to 0, in april 2013...
(if you maintain your status 0 year(s), you will ...)
What is displayed is simply wrong.

Here is what is currently displayed on the AF site for a Platinum for Life account since 2008, inherited from Rouge since 1997 :
Statut d'adhérent : Platinum à vie Depuis 04-06-2005
Wrong again And that is because what is displayed on the website does not take into account the pre-FB history (FB was introduced on the 5th of June 2005). However, their system is perfectly able to track all your historic data. Have you asked a supervisor?

Last edited by bodory; Jul 18, 13 at 11:07 am
bodory is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 11:11 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
What is displayed is simply wrong..
Yes, but what's the truth...
delanotre is offline  
Old Jul 18, 13, 11:20 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Yes, but what's the truth...
The truth is what happened really and what has been posted by several of us regarding the discrepancies between what the website shows and what their system takes into account.

I would start to worry when a supervisor would tell you that he cannot see your years as Rouge in the system.
bodory is offline  
Old Jul 21, 13, 4:30 pm
  #101  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 11,749
I understand AF position as mentioned by their call center.
When FB was introduced on 6 June 2005, it replaced FP. You need 10 years of continuous Plat status to earn Plat for life. Years as FP rouge count, but you need to have been Plat from the start of FB. Unfortunately you were only assigned to FB Gold in June 2005. Depending on mileage accumulated in 2004, some FP Rouge were given FB Gold and others FB Plat. The fact that you later earned Plat in November of that year, means that the starting point of the year count for 10 years is November 2005. Apparently there is no disagreement that you were only FB Gold before November 2005, even if for just a few months. In AF mind you have not been FP Rouge and FB Plat continuously.
brunos is offline  
Old Jul 21, 13, 5:54 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GLA
Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Posts: 1,825
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
I understand AF position as mentioned by their call center.
When FB was introduced on 6 June 2005, it replaced FP. You need 10 years of continuous Plat status to earn Plat for life. Years as FP rouge count, but you need to have been Plat from the start of FB. Unfortunately you were only assigned to FB Gold in June 2005. Depending on mileage accumulated in 2004, some FP Rouge were given FB Gold and others FB Plat. The fact that you later earned Plat in November of that year, means that the starting point of the year count for 10 years is November 2005. Apparently there is no disagreement that you were only FB Gold before November 2005, even if for just a few months. In AF mind you have not been FP Rouge and FB Plat continuously.
Im not sure if this is the official position. I was also a FP Rouge that became FB Gold and then Plat later in 2005, like the OP. Judging from a recent email that mentioned the number of miles I need for becoming Plat for life, my FP Rouge year seems to count.
cityflyer369 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 13, 10:25 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris, France
Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Posts: 1,460
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
I understand AF position as mentioned by their call center.
When FB was introduced on 6 June 2005, it replaced FP. You need 10 years of continuous Plat status to earn Plat for life. Years as FP rouge count, but you need to have been Plat from the start of FB. Unfortunately you were only assigned to FB Gold in June 2005. Depending on mileage accumulated in 2004, some FP Rouge were given FB Gold and others FB Plat. The fact that you later earned Plat in November of that year, means that the starting point of the year count for 10 years is November 2005. Apparently there is no disagreement that you were only FB Gold before November 2005, even if for just a few months. In AF mind you have not been FP Rouge and FB Plat continuously.
So, if I understand well your opinion, the question is:
Do all Plat for life registred until today were directly Plat on 2005 june 6th, and not later in the year?
(id est: they earn 70/90000 in 2004 or 70/90000 from 2005 january 1st to june 6th.)
I hope several LTPE on this forum will answer...

Last edited by delanotre; Jul 21, 13 at 10:35 pm
delanotre is offline  
Old Jul 21, 13, 11:46 pm
  #104  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,610
The part about FP Rouge converting to FB Gold is what is confusing me. I didn't think that was possible. I automatically converted from FP Rouge to FB Platinum.
stimpy is offline  
Old Jul 22, 13, 1:46 am
  #105  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 25,025
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
The part about FP Rouge converting to FB Gold is what is confusing me. I didn't think that was possible. I automatically converted from FP Rouge to FB Platinum.
Yes very possible. Your FB status was based on actual mileage earned the year before as fp rouge - people with over a certain amount got platinum but below it got gold. I got plat too but was well above the threshold and know some people who always tended to just make it who were matched to gold only.

I thought brunos's explanation was sensible and made sense but indeed as delanotre points out, it is an empirical question and if someone was matched to gold and have still already received PfL it must be something else.
orbitmic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: