Platinum for Life

Old Jul 10, 19, 8:41 am

Programs: FB plat
i am 8 years pat and 608 xp, so technically i am plat for life. but i don't think I'll get the "status" till i actually cross the 10 year threshold ...
Old Jul 10, 19, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by africanfrog View Post
i don't think I'll get the "status" till i actually cross the 10 year threshold ...
I got it years early, but that was back when For Life was introduced.

Johan
Old Dec 8, 19, 4:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I have several questions about platinum for life. I am now on my 9th year and qualified for platinum again, so I will get my 10th year platinum in 2020. I was very pleasantly surprised on my flight which made me gain my 300 XP this year by the crew who gave me champagne to celebrate my Platinum for life.
So my questions:
1. Do I get a Platinum for life card in April 2020 or will it be a regular platinum card and in 2021 that I get a Platinum for life card?
2. Does my boarding pass state now platinum for life or still regular platinum?
3. Does Platinum for life get any soft benefits over regular platinum customers, eg. zone 1 boarding instead of 2?
4. I heard there is a special Platinum for life event for residents in the Netherlands? Are there such events for other people in other countries?

Thanks,

SB
Old Dec 8, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
I got it years early, but that was back when For Life was introduced.

Johan
Me too, the first year it was introduced.
Old Dec 8, 19, 8:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Platinum for life board as zone 2.
Old Dec 8, 19, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
I have several questions about platinum for life. I am now on my 9th year and qualified for platinum again, so I will get my 10th year platinum in 2020. I was very pleasantly surprised on my flight which made me gain my 300 XP this year by the crew who gave me champagne to celebrate my Platinum for life.
So my questions:
1. Do I get a Platinum for life card in April 2020 or will it be a regular platinum card and in 2021 that I get a Platinum for life card?
2. Does my boarding pass state now platinum for life or still regular platinum?
3. Does Platinum for life get any soft benefits over regular platinum customers, eg. zone 1 boarding instead of 2?
4. I heard there is a special Platinum for life event for residents in the Netherlands? Are there such events for other people in other countries?

Thanks,

SB
1- I would say the latter
2- no, just Platinum on the BP. But the crew on their cabin pad have the information about for Life
3- no soft benefits compared to regular Platinum. Boarding zone is still 2 if you fly Y.
4- those events are infrequent. They do not even happen in France. Do not count on it.
Old Dec 9, 19, 9:01 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
I think it would be fair to say that there are some limited soft benefits compared to regular Plat. As noted, CC have this information on hand, and probably it is higher in different pecking orders, so in other things being same, LTPE has a higher chance of e.g. upgrade. But it's probably not too much in day-to-day flying.
Old Dec 11, 19, 1:41 am

Programs: UA*G life-qualifier
Off topic but now that the JV is complete between DL/AF/KL/VS it's nice that 6 months later, the Jet Airways code share was finally taken off all AF gate departure displays at JFK. Right now we have AF flights with KL/DL/VS/Tarom and AZ codes but it portends a better image when the Jet Airways is gone (RIP) and while I am not sure how Tarom is doing, nor if Alitalia will ever shed her slightly dodgy longterm financial reputation - at least the addition of VS to the group give ST/FB a better image IMHO.
Old Dec 11, 19, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adambrau View Post
Off topic but...
Well, yes, now that you mention it . . . you are ever so slightly off topic. Just a teeny weeny bit!

The diligent will find several more pertinent threads on ST and VS, e.g. here.

Johan
Zembla likes this.
Old Dec 16, 19, 11:54 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
I think it would be fair to say that there are some limited soft benefits compared to regular Plat. As noted, CC have this information on hand, and probably it is higher in different pecking orders, so in other things being same, LTPE has a higher chance of e.g. upgrade. But it's probably not too much in day-to-day flying.
About two years ago (I've been FPL for about 6 years I noticed a change in the "Soft" benefits - about the same time they added "For Life" to the cards/baggage labels... Since then I hve been singled out about 90% of the time on AF flights (not KL though). Greeted and often offered something (a drink from Business, a bottle of water, etc.) - quite nice and often I seem to be the only one getting that treatment.

Also on a couple of "incidents" over the past two years the agents always made a fuss and two clearly stated that we were indeed higher in the pecking order than "Normal" plats.

I was also invited to (and attended with Mrs Fr) a private Picasso exhibition and cocktail at the Petit Palais a few years ago - with a lot of other PFL's awkwardly not mingling...

Overall quite satisfied!
Old Dec 16, 19, 6:49 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
Platinum for life board as zone 2.
is that a new 'enhancement '?
Old Dec 16, 19, 7:46 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by psollitt View Post
is that a new 'enhancement '?
Nope. When not flying P or J, Gold, Plat, Plat for Life and ST E+ board as Zone 2 whereas Ulti and C2000 board as Zone 1.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: