FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Platinum for Life (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1463566-platinum-life.html)

africanfrog Jul 10, 2019 7:41 am

i am 8 years pat and 608 xp, so technically i am plat for life. but i don't think I'll get the "status" till i actually cross the 10 year threshold ...

johan rebel Jul 10, 2019 8:18 am

Originally Posted by africanfrog (Post 31288828)
i don't think I'll get the "status" till i actually cross the 10 year threshold ...

I got it years early, but that was back when For Life was introduced.

Johan

strikerbird Dec 8, 2019 3:35 am

I have several questions about platinum for life. I am now on my 9th year and qualified for platinum again, so I will get my 10th year platinum in 2020. I was very pleasantly surprised on my flight which made me gain my 300 XP this year by the crew who gave me champagne to celebrate my Platinum for life.
So my questions:
1. Do I get a Platinum for life card in April 2020 or will it be a regular platinum card and in 2021 that I get a Platinum for life card?
2. Does my boarding pass state now platinum for life or still regular platinum?
3. Does Platinum for life get any soft benefits over regular platinum customers, eg. zone 1 boarding instead of 2?
4. I heard there is a special Platinum for life event for residents in the Netherlands? Are there such events for other people in other countries?

Thanks,

SB

mike turnbull Dec 8, 2019 5:36 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 31288939)
I got it years early, but that was back when For Life was introduced.

Johan

Me too, the first year it was introduced.

JOUY31 Dec 8, 2019 7:31 am

Platinum for life board as zone 2.

Goldorak Dec 8, 2019 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by strikerbird (Post 31817717)
I have several questions about platinum for life. I am now on my 9th year and qualified for platinum again, so I will get my 10th year platinum in 2020. I was very pleasantly surprised on my flight which made me gain my 300 XP this year by the crew who gave me champagne to celebrate my Platinum for life.
So my questions:
1. Do I get a Platinum for life card in April 2020 or will it be a regular platinum card and in 2021 that I get a Platinum for life card?
2. Does my boarding pass state now platinum for life or still regular platinum?
3. Does Platinum for life get any soft benefits over regular platinum customers, eg. zone 1 boarding instead of 2?
4. I heard there is a special Platinum for life event for residents in the Netherlands? Are there such events for other people in other countries?

Thanks,

SB

1- I would say the latter
2- no, just Platinum on the BP. But the crew on their cabin pad have the information about for Life
3- no soft benefits compared to regular Platinum. Boarding zone is still 2 if you fly Y.
4- those events are infrequent. They do not even happen in France. Do not count on it.

Fabo.sk Dec 9, 2019 8:01 pm

I think it would be fair to say that there are some limited soft benefits compared to regular Plat. As noted, CC have this information on hand, and probably it is higher in different pecking orders, so in other things being same, LTPE has a higher chance of e.g. upgrade. But it's probably not too much in day-to-day flying.

adambrau Dec 11, 2019 12:41 am

Off topic but now that the JV is complete between DL/AF/KL/VS it's nice that 6 months later, the Jet Airways code share was finally taken off all AF gate departure displays at JFK. Right now we have AF flights with KL/DL/VS/Tarom and AZ codes but it portends a better image when the Jet Airways is gone (RIP) and while I am not sure how Tarom is doing, nor if Alitalia will ever shed her slightly dodgy longterm financial reputation - at least the addition of VS to the group give ST/FB a better image IMHO.

johan rebel Dec 11, 2019 2:27 am

Originally Posted by adambrau (Post 31827932)
Off topic but...

Well, yes, now that you mention it . . . you are ever so slightly off topic. Just a teeny weeny bit!

The diligent will find several more pertinent threads on ST and VS, e.g. here.

Johan

jsfr Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 31823604)
I think it would be fair to say that there are some limited soft benefits compared to regular Plat. As noted, CC have this information on hand, and probably it is higher in different pecking orders, so in other things being same, LTPE has a higher chance of e.g. upgrade. But it's probably not too much in day-to-day flying.

About two years ago (I've been FPL for about 6 years I noticed a change in the "Soft" benefits - about the same time they added "For Life" to the cards/baggage labels... Since then I hve been singled out about 90% of the time on AF flights (not KL though). Greeted and often offered something (a drink from Business, a bottle of water, etc.) - quite nice and often I seem to be the only one getting that treatment.

Also on a couple of "incidents" over the past two years the agents always made a fuss and two clearly stated that we were indeed higher in the pecking order than "Normal" plats.

I was also invited to (and attended with Mrs Fr) a private Picasso exhibition and cocktail at the Petit Palais a few years ago - with a lot of other PFL's awkwardly not mingling...

Overall quite satisfied!

psollitt Dec 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 31818071)
Platinum for life board as zone 2.

is that a new 'enhancement '?

bodory Dec 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by psollitt (Post 31847210)
is that a new 'enhancement '?

Nope. When not flying P or J, Gold, Plat, Plat for Life and ST E+ board as Zone 2 whereas Ulti and C2000 board as Zone 1.

mgvanveen Apr 17, 2020 9:34 am

Cufflinks Platinum for Life

Dear all,

A strange question. When you become Platinum for Life you will be invited to a special Platinum for Life event by KLM. As a present you receive the PFL membership + cufllinks with a KLM house in delft blue. Is there anyone who has these cufflinks and does not use these? I would be interested to take over.
Your response is appreciated.

johan rebel Apr 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mgvanveen (Post 32301430)
When you become Platinum for Life you will be invited to a special Platinum for Life event by KLM. As a present you receive the PFL membership + cufllinks with a KLM house in delft blue.

Since I have no use for cufflinks it would have been a pleasure to help, but I was never invited to any event, so never received any cufflinks, nor a house.

Sorry!

Johan

mgvanveen Apr 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by audilux (Post 27975862)
Quick update
I have received today my Platinum for life card!

Dear Audilux,

question... did you receive delft blue cufflinks when you became PFL? Are you using these? If not, I would be interested to take over.

cheers