Platinum for Life

Old May 3, 13, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
By the way. If you have enough carry over miles to re-quilify, you still need to wait untill the actual 10 years have passed.
I'll take your word for it, but I did not have to. I think I got LTPE after 7 or 8 years (can't remember), but maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule.

Johan
Old May 3, 13, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
Was there not a lifetime status in Flying Dutchman? I'd have expected you to have been a lifer before FB was even conjured into life.
Old May 4, 13, 9:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Gajan View Post
Based on my calculations you need to qualify in 2013 and 2014.

I am PE from 1/1/2004 (my account is currently showing "you need 0 more years to qualify for LTPE") and it has been confirmed by the FB helpdesk that I need to qualify this year for PE too to qualify for LTPE.

Gajan
Strange, as Platinum exist since june 2005.
Strange, as you should be FP/FD red since 2004, as you state
Strange, as you read on your account that "you need 0 more year (s) to qualify for LTPE"
Strange, because I have the same words on my account "you need 0 more year (s) to qualify for LTPE" but Platinum since 2005 + 2 years as FP red since nov 2003.
So, as stated in previous threads, I will be LTPE in 2014 with a new card on april 2014, with no needing to fly in 2013.

many threads are about this:
the first: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...lite-life.html
Old May 4, 13, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
By the way. If you have enough carry over miles to re-quilify, you still need to wait untill the actual 10 years have passed.
I can confirm that this is indeed correct. Otherwise I would have already turned LTPE several years ago instead of this year. BTW, no change in anything since my status has become lifelong.
Old May 4, 13, 12:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I can confirm that this is indeed correct. Otherwise I would have already turned LTPE several years ago instead of this year. BTW, no change in anything since my status has become lifelong.
Does your account statement still mention the status miles and flights even though these are not needed anymore?
Old May 4, 13, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by justcallmedoc View Post
Does your account statement still mention the status miles and flights even though these are not needed anymore?
It still counts the level miles and qualifying flights, but under status it shows "Platinum for Life, date of first qualifying for Platinum"
Old May 4, 13, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Was there not a lifetime status in Flying Dutchman? I'd have expected you to have been a lifer before FB was even conjured into life.
Yeah, from late '63.

No, FD did not have lifetime status, but all points above the RoyalWing renewal threshold carried over into following years. I had quite a store by the time FD was discontinued, and therefore qualified for LTPE almost the minute it was introduced.

Johan
Old May 4, 13, 5:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
It still counts the level miles and qualifying flights, but under status it shows "Platinum for Life, date of first qualifying for Platinum"
Thanks!
Old May 5, 13, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Strange, as Platinum exist since june 2005.
Strange, as you should be FP/FD red since 2004, as you state
As stated before, years under FP/FD are also taken into account. I came into FB under FD, so my FD Platinum Elite years were also taken into account.

Gajan
Old May 5, 13, 9:43 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by justcallmedoc View Post
Gajan, how does this fit together? You write you have already qualified 10 times, you write your account shows "Plat for life", and yet you write above that FB told you you have to qualify one more time to get Plat for Life???
Old May 5, 13, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369 View Post
Gajan, how does this fit together? You write you have already qualified 10 times, you write your account shows "Plat for life", and yet you write above that FB told you you have to qualify one more time to get Plat for Life???
Sorry for the confusion. I am currently in my last year to qualify as LTPE; my mother has qualified last year (and her account currently shows the status LTPE - and have taken the information as stated earlier from her account).
Old May 5, 13, 12:08 pm

written on my account, as Frequence Plus red since nov 2003, FB gold since 2005 april 1st and FB platinum since 30/11/2005

"Membership level Platinum . Since 30-11-2005
If you stay 0 years more Platinum, you will become Platinum for Life."

So no needing to fly ST during 2013 (even if I fly nevertheless )
Old May 6, 13, 2:38 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by michelw View Post
I am trying to make sure I understand the FB website correctly. I have called to verify and I get conflicting information depending on the rep I get. So, when I log in to my account, it states:

Platinum . Since 04-06-2005
If you stay 1 years more Platinum, you will become Platinum for Life.

So does that mean I need to earn enough miles or segments through 2013 and then I would receive this status or do I need to earn it this year and next. I am confused only because of the date and I know that it is for 10 years. I was, however, Frequence Plus Rouge before that.
You only need to qualify for platinum for another year so this is your last year before reaching platinum for life. If you qualify again this year, next year on April 1st your account will show "you need 0 more years to qualify for LTPE". In 2014 you will be a virtual plat for life and you will recive you official plat for life confirmation early 2015 whatever flying paterned you had in 2014.
I justed recived my plat for life card this year, last year I had this 0 year message in my status and I did not technically qualified for plat.

SO just make sure to qualify this year and you will be good
Old May 6, 13, 2:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Based on my calculations you need to qualify in 2013 and 2014.

I am PE from 1/1/2004 (my account is currently showing "you need 0 more years to qualify for LTPE") and it has been confirmed by the FB helpdesk that I need to qualify this year for PE too to qualify for LTPE.

Gajan
as per my previous post I confirm base on my own experience that what ever you would be doing this year you will be plat for life next year. Your are currently what I call a virtual plat for life
Old May 6, 13, 11:35 am

Yes, that is right: when you see "0 year..." you are a virtual Platinum for life with the real card the year after. Thanks Pauillac for clarification.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: