Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by benvs97
...If I first qualified in 2005 then if I would qualify again in 2014, it would mean that I have qualified for 10 consecutive years, and I would have maintained Plat status for 10 consecutive years from Dec 2005 to Dec 2015, which would mean that I would be LTPE starting Jan 2016, without having to qualify for Plat status in calendar year 2015..
Yes, you need to qualify only in 2014 ( valid until march 2016) and you will be LTPE in december 2015.
It is not necessary to qualify again in 2015.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: FB PFL; LH SEN; Qatar Gold; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HHonors Gold; Avis Pres; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by delanotre
Yes, you need to qualify only in 2014 ( valid until march 2016) and you will be LTPE in december 2015.
It is not necessary to qualify again in 2015.
Thanks delanotre, Star Alliance it is then for the rest of the year
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by benvs97
Thanks delanotre, Star Alliance it is then for the rest of the year
and 9K EQM more on ST, if I read well
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: FB PFL; LH SEN; Qatar Gold; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HHonors Gold; Avis Pres; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by delanotre
and 9K EQM more on ST, if I read well
Correct! That is easy thanks to the AF/KL monopoly on the AMS - CDG route, that I frequently take for visits to Paris.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Just got a "Save the Date" invite for a special and exclusive Platinum for Life event on Tuesday June 17th. More details to be provided in the post..

Signed by Harm Kreulen, Director KLM Nederland

Anyone else going?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
Just got a "Save the Date" invite for a special and exclusive Platinum for Life event on Tuesday June 17th. More details to be provided in the post...Signed by Harm Kreulen, Director KLM Nederland
I made a dream... it was also available in France signed by the new AF manager
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ryan_keenan
I'm looking forward to being greeted as a considerable investor on AF/KL on my next flight with them ;-)
On my first flight as PFL last Monday the senior purser recognized me by name when I mentioned my seat number when entering. I thought that was neat.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got a "Save the Date" invite for a special and exclusive Platinum for Life event on Tuesday June 17th. More details to be provided in the post..

Anyone else going?
I assume that was a targeted mailing aimed at LTPEs resident in the Netherlands only? I have a Dutch mailing address, but they never invite me to anything. Years ago they did send me a special Christmas offer: I could pick up a free travel pillow at any Hästens store. I went to one in Sweden, where they had never heard of KLM or free pillows, so that was obiviously a Dutch-only special. In the spirit of true customer service, they gave me a pillow anyway.

Johan
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, Etihad Gold, AA 1m Miles
Now back to PFL on website. Great!!!!!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I assume that was a targeted mailing aimed at LTPEs resident in the Netherlands only? I have a Dutch mailing address, but they never invite me to anything. Years ago they did send me a special Christmas offer: I could pick up a free travel pillow at any Hästens store. I went to one in Sweden, where they had never heard of KLM or free pillows, so that was obiviously a Dutch-only special. In the spirit of true customer service, they gave me a pillow anyway.

Johan
I have been LTPE "forever", but also never received any invites except for the travel pillow at the Hästens store in Amsterdam!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by hedon1
Now back to PFL on website. Great!!!!!
Me too finally. It still says that I started in 2005 on the FB launch date, but I don't care. I have heard from somewhere that FB is going to fix a lot of these PFL IT issues for next year. So those of you who will hit your 10 years in 2015 or later shouldn't have all these difficulties.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by dutchbird
I have been LTPE "forever", but also never received any invites except for the travel pillow at the Hästens store in Amsterdam!
KLM started to organize these events for the past 2-3 years and they invite only Plats that have become Lifetime that year. I had to miss it when I got the invitation 2 years ago because I was....... traveling
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold

Signed by Harm Kreulen, Director KLM Nederland

Anyone else going?
I received the invite as well and plan to go if my agenda allows. Kind of looking forward to it.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: VISA Infinite, AmEx Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hertz 5*, Sixt Platinum
Reading what I thought were confusing threads, I gave airfrance.fr a try this morning, asking on line about my specifics, Platinum since 11/2005, and please confirm when I would qualify as For Life.
Stunningly, a documented reply came through a couple hours later, which I would like to quote : "...Cher Monsieur,
Nous vous remercions pour votre message du 17 avril 2014.
Vous accéderez au statut Platinum à vie après 10 années consécutives d'adhésion au niveau le plus élevé, c'est-à-dire à la date du 26 septembre 2014.
Dès que vous remplirez ces conditions, vous recevrez automatiquement une lettre de confirmation au moment du renouvellement annuel de votre carte, c'est-à-dire fin mars 2015 ..."
TRANSLATING into " Thanks for your message dated April 17. You will qualify as Platinum for Life after 10 years of qualifying to the highest tier, that is from September 26, 2014. As early as you qualify, you will receive a confirmation letter at the moment you should get your new card, that would be late March 2015".
Good news, as I have cut the travel a lot and would not requalify this year.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: FB plat for life
How many LTPEs in NL - or total ?

On a recent flight we found to be 3 LTPE's seated on the same row and we were wondering how exceptional or not that was.

One of the 3 mentioned there are only 500 LTPEs but that seemed very low to me. According to him it was said that about 30 new qualify per year. If that would be true, my guess is that that applies to NL alone.

But to take the guessing out of this - is there any public info on how many LTPEs there are in a country, in the Benelux, or in total ?

Or did anyone make educated guesses before ?

this came up because one of us had his wife seated in the row in front of us - which was (European) business and the seat next to her was free - so the question was asked if - without expecting the service - it was ok to sit next to his wife, in stead of behind her behind the curtain.

'no sir, that is not allowable, it would offend the other passengers' - that were in total 4 more pax who seemed to be op-ups... In any case, the purser made no reference at all to the fact that we were all plats (lt)...so much for appreciation for loyal customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.