Platinum for Life

Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by delanotre
(GE 1990)
For those wondering : Grande Ecole (in that case, unless I am mistaken, EDHEC), graduated in 1990 .
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Originally Posted by delanotre
Yes, Gajan is right:

"Jean-Marc Pouchol (GE 1990) was promoted to Director of Sales Agencies France Air France-KLM, from January 2014"

So we wait for the new FB manager

Gajan may be right, but I received my LTPE card this morning and the accompanying letter was "signed" by guess who ... Jean-Marc Pouchol !

Anyway quite underwhelming package :
- minimalist cover letter
- the shiny card
- two regular platinum baggage tags
- and basic packaging

Compared to QF and OZ, it's really sub par, especially when you think LTPE must not be that numerous.
They could have make some effort, even if TBH I don't really care.

Last edited by mogoy; Feb 4, 2014 at 1:45 am
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Just received my 2014-15 card in the mail and it only mentions platinum. Nothing at all about Lifetime. And according to my calculations and also several reps at Flying Blue, I should be receiving my card. I most recently was told not to worry about the website because it does not update status until April 1. But the website does still state that I have one more year but my statements congratulate me for my lifetime status. Alas, my new card does not. So which is right
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Smile

I just received my new card as well. It says:

PLATINUM
FOR LIFE

I qualified 9 times (2004-2012) and was platinum for 10 consecutive years (2004-2013).

The website stated "congratulations, etc, etc" as of mid 2013. The bi-monthly email updates were incorrect.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mogoy
If you do not qualify in during 2013, you will lose your status in 2014 (no card sent in April).

And on August 9 2014 you won't be platinum and you won't have 10 years of Plat. QED !
I think that being Plat until March 2014 does not mean anything to FB as it is just a grace period.

Now, if I were you I would get a written statement from what FB desk told you on the phone about your situation and especially a confirmation that you don't have to requalify during this year.

That is because your FB answer differs from the one I got in writing. If your version is the right one, I normally should have been Plat since Dec 30 2012 as I first qualified on Dec 30 2003. Still they wrote (and said beforehand several times on the phone BTW) Dec 30th 2013 !

We know for sure that FB answers and rules are unreliable so get a written confirmation !
Otherwise this thread would have not even existed. Gosh ! 11 pages already !
As posted, my LTPE card just came in. QED??
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mogoy
Gajan may be right, but I received my LTPE card this morning and the accompanying letter was "signed" by guess who ... Jean-Marc Pouchol !

Anyway quite underwhelming package :
- minimalist cover letter
- the shiny card
- two regular platinum baggage tags
- and basic packaging

Compared to QF and OZ, it's really sub par, especially when you think LTPE must not be that numerous.
They could have make some effort, even if TBH I don't really care.
Well... just received the same package and it does feel that they don't seem to care.

Of course we also received the generous triple miles coupon from Hertz to save the day...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, Etihad Gold, AA 1m Miles
Angry

FB confirmed I was eligible for PFL last August, based on Rouge status in 2003 and 2004. Needless to say it did not happen in 2014. Queried it 17th Feb with documents etc. after receiving a new Platinum only card. Despite 2 follow-up calls it is still "with Paris" for decision.

That's despite the fact I should have been PFL at end of 2012. Typical of what was a good program which has now gone down the plug.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received my new card today.

Johan
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Received my new card today...
like me
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, M&M Senator, UA Premier, Accor Club Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Received my new card today.

Johan
me too.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by hedon1
FB confirmed I was eligible for PFL last August, based on Rouge status in 2003 and 2004. Needless to say it did not happen in 2014. Queried it 17th Feb with documents etc. after receiving a new Platinum only card. Despite 2 follow-up calls it is still "with Paris" for decision.

That's despite the fact I should have been PFL at end of 2012. Typical of what was a good program which has now gone down the plug.
It seems that I too received only a normal Platinum card rather than LTP. So I called the Canada office and they agreed that I should be LTP, but that I have to send a letter or fax about this. The call center cannot help. I feel like I am returning to the dark ages.

Does anyone know a real responsible human at FB that I can contact to fix this? Or can I do it at the FB desk at Schiphol? Anywhere?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
It seems that I too received only a normal Platinum card rather than LTP. So I called the Canada office and they agreed that I should be LTP, but that I have to send a letter or fax about this. The call center cannot help. I feel like I am returning to the dark ages.

Does anyone know a real responsible human at FB that I can contact to fix this? Or can I do it at the FB desk at Schiphol? Anywhere?
I sent an e-mail from the website on Saturday questioning it and have yet to get a response. I'll give it a few more days and try again.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

I have received my response from FB:

Cher Monsier,

Nous vous remercions pour votre message.

Nous avons le plaisir de vous confirmer votre statut Platinum A Vie partir du 1er avril 2015.

En effet, aprs 10 annes conscutives au niveau Platinum, le statut Platinum est attribue vie, quel que soit le nombre de Miles-Statut ou vols qualifiants accumuls par la suite.

Vous avez effectivement obtenu le statut Frquence Plus Rouge au 1er dcembre 2004, et maintenu chaque anne le statut Platinum, ce qui fait que les 10 annes conscutives mnent au 30 dcembre 2014. Votre statut Platinum actuel est valable jusqu'au 31 mars 2015.

So there was confusion on my part and also from some reps. My status will be starting on April 1, 2015. I was FP Rouge from 1st Dec 2004 and have been Plat since then. My current Platinum status is good until 31 March 2015.

So next year, I will receive the Lifetime card. So my question to the forum is this: Do I need to requalify this year? That is my last bit of confusion.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
IMHO you don't have to requalify because it already confirms that you have Plat for Life on 1 Apr 2015.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by michelw
... So my question to the forum is this: Do I need to requalify this year? That is my last bit of confusion.
no, and you should yet receive a new card and the famous letter in 2014, regarding the date you got your first Plat status in 2005.

BTW J M Pouchol is always signing as FB manager in the march letter I received yesterday with the new 2014 card

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.