Wiki Posts
Search

Do qualifying segments carry over?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Do qualifying segments carry over?

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't see it.
Flying Blue notes that level miles above the qualification limit carry over at the end of the year. Is this true for segments also?

I would guess not, but interesting to know for us Y-class (actually usually V, E, T ...) flyers.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
No. Segments do not carry over (Platinums who fly more than 105 segments in a year used to be able to carry forward the balance above 105, I think this is still the case.)

In some cases, level miles do carry over (any mileage over and above your requalification level, as long as you at least maintain the same status as you had last year. If you drop a level, there can be no level mileage carryover)
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No. Segments do not carry over (Platinums who fly more than 105 segments in a year used to be able to carry forward the balance above 105, I think this is still the case.)
I am pretty sure this was taken away when the carry over of level miles was introduced last year.

Gajan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.