Aeroflot N booking class zero miles?

Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
Aeroflot N booking class zero miles?

Recently I flew SU, BRU-SVO-EVN, apparently booked in class N. These fights now show in my Flying Blue transactions but with zero miles and not even a qualifying flight. Is this an error? It should at least count as a qualifying flight no?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by elpiett
Recently I flew SU, BRU-SVO-EVN, apparently booked in class N. These fights now show in my Flying Blue transactions but with zero miles and not even a qualifying flight. Is this an error? It should at least count as a qualifying flight no?
SU N fare is not listed as an eligible fare for FB miles accrual. So unfortunately for you, it's not a mistake. And if the fare is not eligible, it cannot count also as a qualifying flight.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Bummer. As it wasn't listed here on the FB site, I thought it was perhaps a new booking class, that FB wasn't aware of yet
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Bummer. As it wasn't listed here on the FB site, I thought it was perhaps a new booking class, that FB wasn't aware of yet
Well you can always try to contact them and ask them, but typically if in doubt, you should do that before you book your ticket as now, chances are that they will just tell you that it is not eligible. Not all paid fare classes qualify for miles so it is always risky to assume that a bucket that doesn't feature on the pages is only omitted by mistake. Good luck though, I hope your intuition was right and you get some credit.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
SU has indeed changed its fare structure as of February 1st. Currently N is the third lowest economy class and it earns 75% of flown miles in Aeroflot's own program (the lower two earn 25%). Before that date, N was either unused or reserved for special non-public fares (not eligible for mileage accrual).
So if your flight was in February asking FB a question seems a good idea.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Temedar for the info. I've sent a mail to FB, lets see what they have to say.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks Temedar for the info. I've sent a mail to FB, lets see what they have to say.
We wish you good luck and please report the outcome to us if you don't mind.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
These two threads may also be of interest:
FB Earning Rates On SkyTeam Partners
Help needed for travel plans to USM

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well you can always try to contact them and ask them, but typically if in doubt, you should do that before you book your ticket as now, chances are that they will just tell you that it is not eligible. Not all paid fare classes qualify for miles so it is always risky to assume that a bucket that doesn't feature on the pages is only omitted by mistake. Good luck though, I hope your intuition was right and you get some credit.
elpiett is referring to the 'old' partnersearch.ehn.klm.com website, which didn't list booking classes which earn 0% - so it was best to assume that if a fare-class wasn't listed, it wouldn't earn miles. However, it seems that the 'new' website is now FlyingBlueNews.com, and this does list booking classes which earn 0% - which, unfortunately for elpiett, includes N.

Originally Posted by Temedar
SU has indeed changed its fare structure as of February 1st. Currently N is the third lowest economy class and it earns 75% of flown miles in Aeroflot's own program (the lower two earn 25%). Before that date, N was either unused or reserved for special non-public fares (not eligible for mileage accrual).
Indeed. To further complicate matters, Aeroflot changed their fare structure as of 1st February - but it seems that Flying Blue have not yet updated their earning structure (or if they have, it hasn't been published on the website yet). Previous comments on this board suggest that during the period of such a mismatch, fare-classes will earn at the 'old' rate, even if that is not logically consistent with the fare paid (although it would certainly be worth asking FB about this).

Incidentally, note that the rate a fare earns in Aeroflot Bonus doesn't bear a direct relation to what it will earn in FB. (Although obviously the order of the earning percentages should be the same, the actual amounts may not be. ie: if Aeroflot N earns more than Aeroflot X and R on SU Bonus, then it should also earn the same or more than Aeroflot X and R on FB, but the actual percentages on FB may be entirely different to those on SU Bonus.)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Wel, FB replyed stating that the booking class indeed isn't eligible for miles accrual. Once I'm back home I think I'll reply and ask them to look into the changed fare system and to make sure their data is correct.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
They need to get this figured out. I need to book for travel in April. The ticket I want is slightly more expensive than what I took in January but after the realignment it would earn me 50% less because FB has not even heard about the update. I called today to verify and was informed that they nothing about SU changing their fare classes and the rep even verified with her supervisor.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:24 am
Original Poster

I asked if they would be so kind to look a bit deeper into the new fare structure. Fingers crossed
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:54 pm

Had almost same problem when vietnam airlines joined skyteam. Bought business class ticket and got 0 miles from SU. Asked em ... (???) 0 miles on paid business? They had to fix rules, got omg 75%, but still its better then 0%. Dont hesitate to ask in such cases.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I am looking at booking some travel on SU, but am somewhat concerned as the fare codes are not indicated as either earning or not earning miles in either FB or DL SM. The codes in question are Z (discount business) and A (premium economy). Does anyone have experience with these earning (or not earning) miles?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Well, still negative. KLM called me back some time ago to say that they weren't aware of a change with Aeroflot. The agent did ad: "but the way you're flying, you'll make up for those lost miles soon enough" :-/

I was in the golden crown lounge in AMS last week and asked the FB agent there. Still the same reply: we didn't get any updates from Aeroflot.

Damn you Russia!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It might be worth calling Aeroflot and asking if they can fix it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.